ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Veterans Day

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Reactions: NoleinATL
There’s always a bit of bitterness in my extended family around this holiday because my nuclear family celebrates my Dad (he was the oldest) for his service in the 60s and early 70s as an operator and designer of the guidance “computers” for Titan and later Minuteman ICBMs and my youngest uncle who was an F-15 pilot who never saw action as he served in between Vietnam and the first Iraq war and basically sat around the beaches of panhandle Florida, six years in Germany and a couple of years in Okinawa. And this pis%es off my middle uncle by blood who was a standard Army grunt who served two tours in Vietnam on the front lines and an uncle by marriage who was a telephone line stringer/coms Army grunt (actually one of the more dangerous jobs) who was also in Vietnam for two tours.

I always take the position that it’s not my Dad’s fault that Russia and America were too scared to dial up his skills and that my youngest uncle was in the Air Force during a long protracted period of peace.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I fought the Cold War just like your uncle. So what? We both could have been in a Mig fur ball 10 minutes after dropping our lunch and running to the airplane while sitting alert.
Nobody gets to time their life.
Salute to your Dad, youngest uncle, and your stick in the mud older uncle.

ADVERTISEMENT