ADVERTISEMENT

Help a Dinosaur

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Assume I have __ tickets to sell. How do I get them to you, and I get paid, so that neither side is "trusting" the other to perform? Assume no e-banking skills or other advanced technical wizardry. Thanks.

Assume I have __ tickets to sell. How do I get them to you, and I get paid, so that neither side is "trusting" the other to perform? Assume no e-banking skills or other advanced technical wizardry. Thanks.
Someone has to trust the other side. The guy with the tickets should be paid first. I've done it with people on the board before.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Johnnie, they can buy your tickets from you using PayPal. If they send you the money as payment for "goods and services," then I believe that they incur a small fee of 3%, however they are protected if you fail to deliver (obviously this is highly unlikely). You get paid prior to remitting the tickets. It would merely require the use of a PayPal account by you. There really is not another way of protecting both parties without incurring a ton of fees (selling on Stubhub, etc.) It is also close to impossible to protect both parties without using technology since the alternative would be sending you a check and praying that they get their tickets.

I am in the market by the way :)

Hey Johnnie,

I've paid via check in the past for someone who didn't have PayPal or another electronic payment system. I sent the individual a picture of the check along with the tracking number once it was sent and he did the same with the tickets. Very smooth transaction but there will have to be some trust on both sides. I usually look at their Warchant profile and see how long they've been a member, etc. If they are brand new it's a bit of a red flag for me.

If you happen to have some tickets to sell I'm in need of 2.... mjbroder87@gmail.com

Thanks

You can send the tickets COD and they have to give the mailman the certified check to get their tickets and the check gets returned to you in a prepaid envelop. I did this before and works great. just have the buyer pay for the service.

ADVERTISEMENT