ADVERTISEMENT

Highest paid NFL player...

YondaimeDevilDog939913

Star Player
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
Congrats to Russ and all but how teams keep justifying putting so much money into one player? I'm not a fan of any team in particular but it seems more teams should follow the Patriots model of spreading the wealth around the team. Thoughts?

The Pats are unique in that their star QB has never demanded an outrageous contract. One reason is because TB12 wants to win and knows to do so requires leaving money to finance a quality roster around him. (It's also easier to demand less when your wife is a super rich model!)

NE/Belichick have never held on to veterans when they've felt that they can move on to younger/cheaper replacements. It's called the "Patriot Way" because its an approach unique to that franchise. It's allowed for because of the long term stability of enjoying high-quality owner, HC, and QB.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I agree with everything the previous poster wrote. I'm just at a loss as to why it is not imitated. I'm just at a loss as to why people don't even seem to be trying to copy it, maybe they are and are just so bad at it that their efforts are unrecognizable. I don't know.

It's like the Lakers not putting any pure shooters on the team this season. How is that decision even possible?

I agree with everything the previous poster wrote. I'm just at a loss as to why it is not imitated. I'm just at a loss as to why people don't even seem to be trying to copy it, maybe they are and are just so bad at it that their efforts are unrecognizable. I don't know.

It's like the Lakers not putting any pure shooters on the team this season. How is that decision even possible?
Can't help with the Lakers part, but not every NFL team boasts an all-time great QB who's grounded and humble enough to be able to check his ego to assist his HOF coach & owner in keeping his salary below market value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT