ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey is back 2017-2018 !!!

nolealum99

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2002
With the Noles sucking and my Dolphins being horrible once again I am so excited that hockey is back. Just watching regular season hockey last night made everything seem a little better. I am really excited to see what this season brings for the Bolts. If they can stay healthy this team has the makings of a really good team. I really like the additions to this years team. Bring in some grit with Girardi, some championship pedigree with Kunitz, some young guys in Gourde, Dotchin,and Dumont, and a trade I really liked in bringing in Sergachev in a trade for Drouin. Yes I think Drouin could be a really good player, but if Sergachev turns out like he is supposed to, you cannot pass up a top D-man like that. Health will obviously be a big if with some of these guys, but from what I am hearing this team is one of the most in-shape teams the team Doc has ever seen. He said the guys are absolutely jacked. I think the rest of no post season really did some good in letting these guys heal up. GO BOLTS!!!!!

I'm a Caps fan, so I look forward to another fine regular season followed by an Eastern Conference playoff exit (more than likely to the Pens).

As a Bruins fan I'm watching the goalies. Rask hasnt played well. The team looked better with 35 in the nets. Rask made some odd comments and I think Cassidy is a little blunt for Tuukka. Will be interesting to see if they last the season.

Bruins don't do much in the off season and it looks like another year like last so far. Getting waxed by the Avs twice was an eye opener. Our youth movement will need step up offensively. Goaltending is a concern, they need to play Khubodin more this year. At least Bergy gets back that should help some.

Bolts r playing lights out. Kuch and Stammer r the best combo in the league. Vasilevskiy is rock solid after a soft first couple games. If, and in sports it’s always an if, this team can stay healthy they will be hard to beat. Some interesting teams are playing really well right now (Vegas/Vancouver).

Man, the Lightning are playing stunningly well right now. I wish we could fast-forward through the regular season & start the playoffs tonight.

N
Man, the Lightning are playing stunningly well right now. I wish we could fast-forward through the regular season & start the playoffs tonight.
nobody can come close to Tampa! They are far and away better

Omigosh, the Caps beat the Pens! I guess miracles still happen after all in this day and age.

Bolts sweep through the west coast, come home and beat Bishop and the Stars, and then of course lose the game that I go to against the Isles. They tried to make a game of it in the third, but Isles were just controlling puck how the Bolts normally do. They played well and deserved the win. Still extremely happy with the Bolts season thus far. You could not ask for a better start. Here's to hoping we can keep it up the rest of the season. Biggest disappointment to me is Tyler Johnson. He almost looks lost in most games that I have seen this year. I know he has always been small, but he is REALLY shying away from any contact right now. He only has 4 goals, is -6, the most minus on a team with only 3 guys minus. He had two times in the game on Saturday where he was wide open on the wing and looked to pass across a clogged middle instead of driving and taking the shot.

Well at the Xmas break TB continues to impress with their lethal power play and well...just damn good offensive power overall. And just behind them are the...Golden Knights..? Unbelievable year they're having. I have a buddy who's a Panther's fan who moved from Miami to take a job out there a couple years ago. The town is going gonzo over them. Devils also having a surprisingly good year, most had them out. Biggest disappointment thus far would be the Oilers, many picked them to win it all. Montreal has underachieved as well. People thought the Preds would slide but they haven't. Most thought the B's out of the playoffs but a recent surge has them in. I thought our stagnancy in the off season was a big mistake, but the youth movement has recently been paying off with McAvoy, Heinen, Bjork and DeBrusk shining, to name a few. It was good to pair up McAvoy with Chara to help cover for the 6' 9" behemoth. Chara has really lost some skill, and surprisingly it's been in close quarters and in the corners, his open ice play has been good.

Well at the Xmas break TB continues to impress with their lethal power play and well...just damn good offensive power overall. And just behind them are the...Golden Knights..? Unbelievable year they're having. I have a buddy who's a Panther's fan who moved from Miami to take a job out there a couple years ago. The town is going gonzo over them. Devils also having a surprisingly good year, most had them out. Biggest disappointment thus far would be the Oilers, many picked them to win it all. Montreal has underachieved as well. People thought the Preds would slide but they haven't. Most thought the B's out of the playoffs but a recent surge has them in. I thought our stagnancy in the off season was a big mistake, but the youth movement has recently been paying off with McAvoy, Heinen, Bjork and DeBrusk shining, to name a few. It was good to pair up McAvoy with Chara to help cover for the 6' 9" behemoth. Chara has really lost some skill, and surprisingly it's been in close quarters and in the corners, his open ice play has been good.

Yeah, I tried to talk my buddy into buying season tickets in Vegas when they first went on sale. If nothing else he could have made more than enough money selling tickets with all the visitors coming in to watch. I'm really glad team has taken off. I got a chance to hang out with James Neal for a couple nights in October and form what he said the team jelled right away and everyone in Vegas was awesome. Good to see them be good right away to get fans involved. Devils are a really good team and are fun to watch for the first time in a long time. The Habs have no offense and D in front of Price (when he is healthy) is also suspect. I never thought they would do much, and although Drouin isn't bad it seems like the Bolts definitely got the best in that trade. I think Sergachev has a chance to be very special going forward. B's have been better than I thought they would be, but they are a good franchise and its good to see them staying relevant (even as much as I hate Boston sports teams ;).

As for the Bolts, they just have so many weapons. Even on nights where the D takes the night off, they can score 5 to take the game. My only fear is that they are tiring Vasilevskiy out. He has been playing a lot of hockey and even though he is young the NHL season is a lot of hockey. Especially if you are planning on making a run into the playoffs, you will need your goaltender coming April/May/June.

The Bruins do look a lot better when they have Backes, Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak all out there playing. Not sure what's up with Krejci, he's gone soft. Tuuka is playing great again. Chara might be pushing Tom Brady for the best season by a 40 year old and Heinen and McAvoy have been great for kids!

My NESN app doesn't work down here.:mad:

The Vegas thing is great, good for them. Gives me hope that the locals will support the Raiders like this.

ESPN power rankings have Tampa and Vegas at #1 and #2, with my Bruins at #11.

Nice to see old friend Claude Julien holding back Les Habitants!

Reactions: timbo37059
I don't think that David Backes had surgery for diverticulitis, I think they sewed his nuts back on! Now if Pastrnak can get that surgery, and Krejci can get that sand out of his clit, the B's could contend.

Reactions: timbo37059
I don't think that David Backes had surgery for diverticulitis, I think they sewed his nuts back on! Now if Pastrnak can get that surgery, and Krejci can get that sand out of his clit, the B's could contend.
I just don't think Pasta will ever be heavy on the puck.

A bit surprised they cancelled the game tonight.

I just don't think Pasta will ever be heavy on the puck.

A bit surprised they cancelled the game tonight.

With some of the video I have seen coming out of Boston, I am not a bit surprised. You don't want people going out in that.

Now when they play their next home game, they can all hold hands and sing the National Anthem!

When the Lightning made the Drouin deal, I didn’t know much about the kid they got in return -but Sergachev has been absolutely outstanding. He’s playing all-star caliber hockey as a 19 year old rookie.

When the Lightning made the Drouin deal, I didn’t know much about the kid they got in return -but Sergachev has been absolutely outstanding. He’s playing all-star caliber hockey as a 19 year old rookie.

Sergachev had been very good. That said u could not have put a rookie D man in a better position coming right in. Playing with a possible Norris candidate in Hedman or the guy who is most plus in the NHL in Stralman, Playing in front of Vasilevskiy, and playing on a team that scored like the Bolts do is always a plus. He is also only playing about 15 minutes a night. Still a really good trade for the Bolts.

Of course I give Sergachev props and he makes a horrible turnover for the Habs first goal. Oh well he is 19.

Haha, yeah I almost didnt post that because i figured that the way the sports gods are treating me it was sure to jinx him. Oh well. He sucks, I want drouin back.

Those are the kind of deals that have got the Canadiens in trouble the last 20-25 years -> i.e. their infatuation with French Canadians. Giving up a top prospect or a high pick. I think Drouin will be a decent player, but I think the jury is already out on the winner of that trade. Hope I didn't just curse the kid into a career full of injuries.

Those are the kind of deals that have got the Canadiens in trouble the last 20-25 years -> i.e. their infatuation with French Canadians. Giving up a top prospect or a high pick. I think Drouin will be a decent player, but I think the jury is already out on the winner of that trade. Hope I didn't just curse the kid into a career full of injuries.

And that's been Claude's MO, he doesn't have the patience to develop kids. Drouin being only 22 is a "kid", but more seasoned than Sergachev.

Even bigger problem with Drouin is the fact that the Canadiens are trying to make him a center and he should be a winger. Listen to most hockey experts and they will say he definitely needs to be at wing. Canadiens are in desperate need of a first line center. They haven't had one in years. I cannot figure why they are too dumb/proud to blow it up lie Toronto did and rebuild. It is a painful process, but this is a team who is going NOWHERE. They have some good parts and pieces, but they don't have the solid core needed to be a good team. Everyone sees it but the management does nothing about it. I was listening the other day to a NHL network and they had a guy out of Montreal and he was saying fans won't stand for a rebuild. I know it sucks but are the fans that entitled/dumb to understand that this team is going nowhere and you can either suck it up for a few years for a rebuild or your team will continue to be a team that is mediocre.

Reactions: Manch.
4 Bolts on the All-Star team and rightfully so. No way you could have kept any of the 4 that were chosen off the team. For those that can't guess, Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, and Vasilevskiy.

Hedman goes down last night after a minor collision with a Flames player. The problem is it turned out that as they made contact the outside of Hedman's knee was main point of contact and in videos his leg buckles inward. Looks like classic MCL territory. Hopefully only a sprain, but as of last night he could put no weight on it. He will be evaluated today. Good news is Bolts have some depth, but right now Hedman is most analysts Norris favorite so it would be a huge blow to the Bolt's prospects going forward.

Hedman goes down last night after a minor collision with a Flames player. The problem is it turned out that as they made contact the outside of Hedman's knee was main point of contact and in videos his leg buckles inward. Looks like classic MCL territory. Hopefully only a sprain, but as of last night he could put no weight on it. He will be evaluated today. Good news is Bolts have some depth, but right now Hedman is most analysts Norris favorite so it would be a huge blow to the Bolt's prospects going forward.

Out 3 to 6 weeks, which isn't all that bad. Week one is pretty much a bye week anyway; even if he's out for 6 he's back by late February/early March, with plenty of time to get back in game shape before the playoffs.

Out 3 to 6 weeks, which isn't all that bad. Week one is pretty much a bye week anyway; even if he's out for 6 he's back by late February/early March, with plenty of time to get back in game shape before the playoffs.

Yeah that is definitely about the best I could expect after that hit. Sounds like it is probably a severe sprain. Good news is they are deep and they have built a little cushion right now, but would like to keep momentum going.

Speaking of injuries McAvoy underwent treatment for Tachycardia of all things, out for at least two weeks. Heading into the all star break the east pretty much has three players in Bolts, B's and Leafs hanging on. B's on a 16 or 17 game point streak, I'm losing track. Bolts stumble a little and it's tightened up. In the Metro, Devils made a run at the Caps but cooled off. Pitt and Philly are playing good. In the Pacific it's still Vegas baby, Sharks trying to hang with them. Wonder if a 1st year sports team has ever won it all? Central is the most competitive, Jets, Preds, Blues, Wild playing well and now the Avs are on a roll. Saw this interesting and funny article on Jon Cooper, good read.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-coach-jon-cooper-most-interesting-man-hockey

Reactions: Manch.
What I want to know is why did I not put money on Vegas to win Stanley Cup/West/etc. when I was out there in October????? There is some serious money to be made on them. The total on their wins on the YEAR was 26.5. They have blown that out of the water. Prior to the season the line for them to win Stanley Cup was 200-1!!!! I don't know what it was when I was there a couple weeks into season, but I should have put $100 on it.

Cooper is so fun to listen to. He is such a cerebral guy and is always thinking. I think he fits well with the newer analytics that are being brought into the league.

It should really be a fun 2nd half. There are so many teams that have a chance, at least on paper.

Reactions: hatsbo
Really some great hockey going on now, divisions races still up for grabs. Boston trying to hang with the Bolts despite injuries to Bergie and McAvoy, additions of Nash, Gionta and Wingels have helped. Bolts trade with Rangers is paying dividends. Alum, thoughts on your goalie situation, what's up with Vasi? Leafs fading in the stretch, looks like we'll face them first in the playoffs, unless we catch the Bolts.
In the Metro the Caps are hanging on with Pens, Flyers and hot Jackets taking aim. The West is a bit quieter with Vegas and the Preds nursing comfortable leads.

I hope somebody throws an upper cut on Marchand tonight! Jake Dotchin will be scratched so he won’t, but somebody needs let the little guy have it

I haven't been on here in a awhile. Bolts are really struggling. I really can pinpoint whether they are tired, complacent, or teams have really figured them out. D looks like a sieve right now, Vasilevskiy looks slow, and offense struggling to find that groove. All the while, Boston kept winning with many guys on the sideline with injuries. Now the Bolts are likely gonna be facing Toronto in a first round match-up instead of staying on top of division. I will be at game tonight, so it should be interesting to see how Bolts come out of the gate. Also hearing Stammer is day to day after re-aggravating an injury. This is not what we need heading into playoffs!!!

ADVERTISEMENT