ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey season is once again upon us!!!!!!

He's was a non factor in the first three games, but was pretty active last game, seems like he was out there for more shifts too. Recovered from injury? Haven't heard anything. Rinne has looked better, Subban started breathing on the Pens the last two games and it paid dividends. :eek:

This is one of the weirdest series I've seen in some time. I haven't watch much of the last couple games but rarely does the scoreboard gt so lopsided in Cup Finals. Really really strange.

I think part of it is Pitt playing on fumes so they are volatile. Nashville has far less talent so it has to all coalesce to be effective.

Kudos to Pitt - the extra day between games was a huge boon for them. Too bad the Nashville goal got waived off but that's the way the game is called. Ref was out of position for the play that developed. Bottom line is Pitt's PK dominated, Nashville had posts and juicy rebounds but it was simply not to be.

Full marks to the leadership (Crosby and Sullivan) for setting a tone that allowed a pretty skeleton unit on D to help secure the Cup. Not sure I've seen a D corps that mediocre go all the way in while. Pretty amazing what they did.

Can't really add much, big props to the Pitt coaching for putting the pieces together to pull it off. Not sure the final ratings on the series, but certainly added some hockey visibility to the southern climes with the Nashville fervor. I have some ties with the Pittsburgh area, living in Erie in the 70's, when the unis were still Carolina blue.

Can't really add much, big props to the Pitt coaching for putting the pieces together to pull it off. Not sure the final ratings on the series, but certainly added some hockey visibility to the southern climes with the Nashville fervor. I have some ties with the Pittsburgh area, living in Erie in the 70's, when the unis were still Carolina blue.

The ratings were up significantly from last year.
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/s...guins-clincher-up-28-percent-from-a-year-ago/

Still amazed as others have said, i was in PA for game 6 win, but not Pitt sadly.

Murray is a monster and going to be even better in a few years, love how he responds to a bad game.
This Pens team should be much better next season after dumping few big $$ expendable guys into lottery plus a healthy D next year.
3 straight!

Still amazed as others have said, i was in PA for game 6 win, but not Pitt sadly.

Murray is a monster and going to be even better in a few years, love how he responds to a bad game.
This Pens team should be much better next season after dumping few big $$ expendable guys into lottery plus a healthy D next year.
3 straight!

He's also the answer to a trivia question as he's the first goalie to be a rookie for his first 2 Stanley Cups (not sure if the goalie qualifier is necessary).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT