ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey's back!

Devils fan checking in. Going through a long dry spell (14 years since their last cup). My wife is from northern West Virginia so the Pittsburgh teams have always been my adopted teams once my teams are eliminated.

Not as up on the team as I used to be but hope springs eternal early in the season.

Rangers fan, heading to The Garden for the opener tonight! Hoping adding Ruff behind the bench and Shattenkirk on the blue line will get us back in the Cup hunt!

Reactions: EconSean
Stars fan here, hoping Hitch brings some '99 magic back. Definitely some fun additions with Bishop, Radulov, Methot and Hanzel. Just need some kids on D to mature and Benn/Seguin/Spezza to buy in to tracking back on defense and strong offensive zone possession philosophies.

While I want to Pens to take another run at the Cup, I think Toronto is going to be a real force in the East (doesn't take a genius to see that they've got a glut of talent in place). Marlowe was out of the gate fast last night, and Matthews is a star.

Stars fan here, hoping Hitch brings some '99 magic back. Definitely some fun additions with Bishop, Radulov, Methot and Hanzel. Just need some kids on D to mature and Benn/Seguin/Spezza to buy in to tracking back on defense and strong offensive zone possession philosophies.

Don't get too enamored with Ben Bishop. We found out here in Tampa Bay that he's proven to be fragile and has never finished a season. He's great most of the regular season but down the stretch he either gets injured or runs out of gas.

Don't get too enamored with Ben Bishop. We found out here in Tampa Bay that he's proven to be fragile and has never finished a season. He's great most of the regular season but down the stretch he either gets injured or runs out of gas.

Hitch has been saying the goal is 60 games for him during the regular season. Lehtonen had the same rep when he got here and he's been fine physically. Mentally, dude is in rough shape. Our goalie pipeline just isn't what it was 15-20 years ago when we churned them out - Manny Fernandez, Roman Turek, Marty Turco, Dan Ellis to a lesser extent.

Nice opening win for the Devils. Taking advantage of DirecTV free NHL Center Ice since I don't get to see them much down here (except for when they lose on TV against the Lightning).

Nice opening win for the Devils. Taking advantage of DirecTV free NHL Center Ice since I don't get to see them much down here (except for when they lose on TV against the Lightning).
Well...that was a nice surprise last night. Thought for sure they would lose once they gave up those 2 goals in the 2nd period. A surprising start to the season for the Devils.

So far, so good with Bish. He's let in 7 goals in 5 games. Coming from Kari Lehtonen and Antii Niemi, that's Vezina worthy in and of itself.

Bruins off season was quiet, signed Pasta to a big deal. Will continue to depend on the growth of the kiddie corp. Out of the gate not so hot getting waxed by the Avs in a home and away. No Boston center has yet to score a goal, OUCH! Maybe sneak into the playoffs again, but I'm not real optimistic. Oh yeah, don't overuse Rask!

Yeah, should have mentioned that, they looked impressive against the Bruins with B's castoff Malcom Subban in the nets. Not sure what to attribute their success to and didn't pay attention to how the new team was formed but credit the NHL for making them competitive in their fledgling year unlike most virgin pro teams.

Devils fan checking in. Going through a long dry spell (14 years since their last cup). My wife is from northern West Virginia so the Pittsburgh teams have always been my adopted teams once my teams are eliminated.

That's a dry spell ? Try being a Toronto Maple Leafs and Cleveland Browns fan like me ..

Go Leafs Go!!!

Finally a promising future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT