ADVERTISEMENT

How about them RED SOX!

Much like the 73 win Golden State Warriors, if they don't cash it in with a championship, it will be forgotten.

So true Until they finally won a World Series the too often quote about the Red Sox was:

"The Red Sox play just well enough to break your heart"

Reactions: timbo37059
With three straight losses could history repeat itself?:eek:

This team had better be good, with league's largest payroll, used to be able to hate the Yankees for that, lol. Not too many weaknesses to speak of, good bench, fastest team that I can remember, outfield is stout defensively. Pitching could be a little better, but let's face it, we've been spoiled for the most part since 2004.

In cruise control now, having won the most games in the history of the franchise. It's been interesting watching Cora handle the line up and pitching last couple weeks.

I'm loving it! Been pulling for the Red Sox since the days of Tony C., Yaz and George Boomer Scott. Let's go get the title!

Reactions: hatsbo
Bullpen makes me nervous. I agree that if they don’t win a few series it will be a disappointment.

Has there ever been a worse big game pitcher than David Price?
Good thing the Sox played games with Lester ultimately letting him go. All to turn around and sign that bum. Hopefully Price opts out.

I think he's 0-9 in playoff games now. Yikes!

He has started 10 postseason games. His team has lost all 10, with him the losing pitcher in 9 of the ten. I think he has a couple of wins and a save when coming out of the bullpen

Good thing the Sox played games with Lester ultimately letting him go. All to turn around and sign that bum. Hopefully Price opts out.

Zero chance he opts out. Nobody will sign him for anywhere close to what he is making. I've been hoping he'd return to his form while with the Rays, but at this point it is safe to say he is a bust. A few shining moments here and there, but an overall disappointment.

Zero chance he opts out. Nobody will sign him for anywhere close to what he is making. I've been hoping he'd return to his form while with the Rays, but at this point it is safe to say he is a bust. A few shining moments here and there, but an overall disappointment.
I never personally saw the contract as a great concept: lefty arm without a tremendous amount of movement usually has difficulty long-term at Fenway.

Bruce Hurst was a great lefty but had exceptional deception. Sale's arm is just plain live so those guys can get away with being lefty in that park.

NYY, Oakland (not that they can afford it), San Diego, etc. would be wise to try to acquire him at some point.

I never personally saw the contract as a great concept: lefty arm without a tremendous amount of movement usually has difficulty long-term at Fenway.

Bruce Hurst was a great lefty but had exceptional deception. Sale's arm is just plain live so those guys can get away with being lefty in that park.

NYY, Oakland (not that they can afford it), San Diego, etc. would be wise to try to acquire him at some point.

If Oakland or SD can get the BoSox to eat some of the contract it may be an option. There is likely a no-trade, so you'd have to get Price to consent.

If Oakland or SD can get the BoSox to eat some of the contract it may be an option. There is likely a no-trade, so you'd have to get Price to consent.
I bet he would - getting out of the Boston media expectations and into a pitcher's park? Yep.

I wouldn’t say zero. He hates the Boston media and they weren’t bad until he started getting into it with him. Certain people can’t handle that media, he is one of them.

I wouldn’t say zero. He hates the Boston media and they weren’t bad until he started getting into it with him. Certain people can’t handle that media, he is one of them.

I agree. Going after Eck like he did wasn't a good idea. Just invited the media to pile on more and more once they saw he could be riled up. Whether he plays out the remainder of the contract in Boston or somewhere else, the Red Sox will be paying a chunk of it to move him.

Well, guess who can close out this series with a masterful performance tonight? It could erase so many playoff demons, let's hope he doesn't spin a two hit, one run game and and Verlander one ups him.

So Sale was in the hospital because his Belly button piecing got infected. I guess it’s better than his shoulder

Is it just me but doesn't it seem like the announcers are all in on LA?
Seems like they are openly cheering for Boston to lose every game the entire series. It was almost funeral like for the 4th game and Boston up 3-1.

Watching the first 3 innings tonight they have spent the most time crying about last night playing the Ifs and Buts game. Ridiculous! All about one pitcher being pulled last night.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is it just me but doesn't it seem like the announcers are all in on LA?
Seems like they are openly cheering for Boston to lose every game the entire series. It was almost funeral like for the 4th game and Boston up 3-1.
Watching the first 3 innings tonight they have spent the most time crying about last night playing the Ifs and Buts game. Ridiculous! All about one pitcher being pulled last night.:rolleyes:
I'm not sure if the announcers are given a game plan from the director/producer or not. I think they subliminally are pulling for the underdog, not only because of better ratings but more games played as well.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Lots of people stepped up, including the manager in this series. Price, Eeovaldi, Rodriguez. All of these guys had struggled during various parts of the season. Middle relief hung in there, wow, Kelly last night mowing them down when it counted. Pierce, who had been a Yankee killer getting the MVP. Just an all around team effort. That's eleven championships for Boston sports since 2001, sweet!

ADVERTISEMENT