ADVERTISEMENT

I really like Dick's

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
Purchased new Kyrie 4's for my son and had 30% off coupon plus another $10 off coupon. Dick's Sporting Goods took both.

$75 for some nice kicks. Always enjoy Dick's.

Dick’s seems to be overpriced compared to Academy for the same/similar merchandise.

Academy > Dick’s

This.

Every time I need to get new soccer gear for my daughter I seem to need all sorts of discounts at Dick's to get the prices down to what I would pay at Academy. I can't be bothered with the hassle of going through all that to shop at Dick's.

This.

Every time I need to get new soccer gear for my daughter I seem to need all sorts of discounts at Dick's to get the prices down to what I would pay at Academy. I can't be bothered with the hassle of going through all that to shop at Dick's.

I prefer dickering to dicking around with coupons, so I get my sports gear at pawn shops and yard sales.

Dick’s seems to be overpriced compared to Academy for the same/similar merchandise.

Academy > Dick’s
I agree that Dick's prices are higher (at least until you use all the coupons). I don't think that Academy has as good of a selection as Dick's though. So if you need a soccer ball, then either are fine, and Academy would be cheaper. However, if you want a specific higher-end ball, or you want to look over 100 different balls before making your decision, then I think Dick's is better.*

* Dick's and balls double entendre analogy intentional. The point stands, though.

Dick's has a better selection of certain type of equipment, but I rarely buy anything there due to their cost. I much prefer Academy for almost anything.

LGfkMJ2.jpg

Reactions: BOwens21
If you know their size soccer.com has competitive prices and lots of selection on the better cleats.

I have bought uniforms from there through the years and probably need to look at this shoes too because even the local running & soccer shops seem to be having a hard time keeping anything in stock too. Do you pay shipping if you have to return cleats due to not fitting well at soccer.com for a different size?

I have bought uniforms from there through the years and probably need to look at this shoes too because even the local running & soccer shops seem to be having a hard time keeping anything in stock too. Do you pay shipping if you have to return cleats due to not fitting well at soccer.com for a different size?
Free returns on footwear if I recall. Like Zappos.

Reactions: SoddyNole
ADVERTISEMENT