ADVERTISEMENT

Is anybody a fan of Red Dirt country on here?

I'm not sure if anyone on here donated or pledged to B.J. Barham's solo project but he released his album a month early today. Great Stuff!!!

Yep, just downloaded it and sounds good on quick run thru. Full American Aquarium band playing free show at park tavern Sunday night in Atlanta. Good Texas music/red dirt week of music in Atlanta this week

Wed - uncle Lucius @ Smiths
Friday - Bart Crow @ eddies attic
Sunday - American Aquarium @ park Tavern

Yep, just downloaded it and sounds good on quick run thru. Full American Aquarium band playing free show at park tavern Sunday night in Atlanta. Good Texas music/red dirt week of music in Atlanta this week

Wed - uncle Lucius @ Smiths
Friday - Bart Crow @ eddies attic
Sunday - American Aquarium @ park Tavern
You are very lucky to get a bunch of acts to come to where you live. We will see them all in Steamboat.

One of my favorite bands, the Turnpike Troubadours are coming to Florida and other parts around Florida. I would love to get to that St Augustine show( by the way they will be in Tallahassee).

My wife and I have been listening to them lately. We're definitely going to check out that St Augustine show!
I'd like to go to that show. It will be hard with work though. They are great and I would like to see them there.

St Augustine Amphitheater is a pretty cool venue. Definitely worth trying for.
Yeah I would love to see Turnpike there and I hope I can pull it off. Being in the middle of the week will make it hard though and it is not a close trip for me.

For you Red Dirt fans this is a concert festival to think about going to.

Hopefully those in Tallahassee take advantage of bj and turnpike coming to town. Turnpike is one of the best live bands you'll ever see

Reactions: Nole Daddy
Thats sick! Yeh I actually saw him in Greensboro a week before I left on deployment. I can't wait to get home in the fall to check him out. I'm missing a lot of good tour stops right now but keeping up with him on social media. Love Rockingham!
@StonevilleIceTea ,Have you heard all of Rockingham yet? It's good stuff. @PortaJohn and I are going to see him play in Orlando on Tuesday.

@PortaJohn , I got my tickets all situated for Steamboat Music Fest. We will see some of the best Texas Country around.

@TexSkills , hey are you going to the Turnpike show in St. Augustine? I am hoping to get there if I can work it around my job.

One of the best Red Dirt bands around, the Turnpike Troubadours, are playing in St Augustine tomorrow and in Tallahassee on Wednesday. Treat yourself to a great show if you are in either area. I wanted to go to the St Augustine show, but work is the way and I will miss it.

So a good buddy of mine went to the Turnpike show last night, and ended up hanging with the band at a bar afterwards. He said they are really cool. Go see them in Tallahassee tonight.

@StonevilleIceTea, this past weekend @PortaJohn had BJ play a private concert at his house that I got to attend. It was an amazing show, and he is a really cool guy. We got to hang with him for hours and went to dinner with him.

We capped the weekend off by going to see the whole band play in Atlanta on Saturday.

Ok I just went to Music Fest in Steamboat Colorado, and I saw a huge number of acts. It truly was one of the best trips of my life. And I am surprisingly not hung over.

If you are near Houston this spring, here is the rodeo lineup -- not too bad this year. http://www.rodeohouston.com/Visit-the-Show/Music-Concerts/Concert-Lineup

The Houston Bar-B-Que cook-off (which is the weekend before the Rodeo starts has Cory Morrow on Friday night and Roger Creager + Waylon Jennings on Saturday night. Those are free for paying the admission to the cook-off

If you are near Houston this spring, here is the rodeo lineup -- not too bad this year. http://www.rodeohouston.com/Visit-the-Show/Music-Concerts/Concert-Lineup

The Houston Bar-B-Que cook-off (which is the weekend before the Rodeo starts has Cory Morrow on Friday night and Roger Creager + Waylon Jennings on Saturday night. Those are free for paying the admission to the cook-off
Thanks for that info. I was at Music Fest in Steamboat and I got to go to an after party where Roger Creager played at. That was a great night that ended for me at almost 5 AM.

American Aquarium is playing in Tallahassee at 5th and Thomas on Sat Feb 18th. I wan making the long drive for that one.

In a couple of weeks I am hitting New Braunfels/ San Marcos. Going to see one of my favorite bands( Reckless Kelly) in Boerne and a newcomer( Parker McCollum) in New Braunfels. It will be a great trip.

In a couple of weeks I am hitting New Braunfels/ San Marcos. Going to see one of my favorite bands( Reckless Kelly) in Boerne and a newcomer( Parker McCollum) in New Braunfels. It will be a great trip.

My friend is the city attorney for Boerne and her husband a general litigation and defense firm - in case you get a little too rowdy.

My friend is the city attorney for Boerne and her husband a general litigation and defense firm - in case you get a little too rowdy.
Man I hope I don't need to contact you to get me some help.

Man I hope I don't need to contact you to get me some help.

I have never floated the San Marcos. I would check the city open container rules. New Braunfels changed the rules for drinking on the section of the Guadalupe that goes through the city. Make sure you keep your license in a baggie with you at all times. Park & Rec rangers love to sit at the drop off point and ticket people for not having Ids, which usually leads to either a legal search or sobriety test (of course, if you just fall face first into the river trying to walk out, they going to get you with PI)

Reckless Kelly puts on a good show. Saw them play in Austin a LONG time ago after they released The Day.

Also, Boerne is pronounced "Ber-nee" :)

I have never floated the San Marcos. I would check the city open container rules. New Braunfels changed the rules for drinking on the section of the Guadalupe that goes through the city. Make sure you keep your license in a baggie with you at all times. Park & Rec rangers love to sit at the drop off point and ticket people for not having Ids, which usually leads to either a legal search or sobriety test (of course, if you just fall face first into the river trying to walk out, they going to get you with PI)
Thanks for the pointers. My buddy is in charge of the float, so he knows all the rules since he lives there. I will make sure I follow rules and can actually speak if a cop talks to me.

Reckless Kelly puts on a good show. Saw them play in Austin a LONG time ago after they released The Day.

Also, Boerne is pronounced "Ber-nee" :)
I am a big fan of Reckless. I got to see them in January at Music Fest in Steamboat, and saw the Braun brothers play a bunch of small shows that week.

And thanks for the help with Boerne, because I thought it was pronounced like born.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT