ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone still watching the Walking Dead?

kc78

Seminole Insider
Nov 25, 2002
I haven't tuned in to any of the episodes this year... I'm not even certain I want to anymore. Has anybody watched it? Is it worth watching anymore, or still just more of the same?

I still watch. I liked the premiere. 2nd episode was pretty good. I'm just tired of Rick's instance of this apocalypse utopia that isn't feasible. He's stubborn because of some stupid letter from his dead kid.

I'm sticking with this season to see how Rick's departure is handled. Also want to see how the Whisperers story line is going to be used since Carl is dead.

I'm still watching; thought both of the episodes so far were pretty good.

It's not as good as it was a few season ago, but is still better than most of the garbage on television - so I'll continue to watch.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Quit after last season. Wasn’t looking forward to it anymore. I didn’t mind it but there are better things to watch.

I'm still watching; thought both of the episodes so far were pretty good.

It's not as good as it was a few season ago, but is still better than most of the garbage on television - so I'll continue to watch.

I agree. It's not my favorite show (it never was but at its peak definitely top 5 or 10) but it's still good enough to watch.

I do think that TWD and Fear have crossed paths now in terms of quality. TWD started and stayed for a long time as a 10 but has dipped down to a 6 and Fear started as a 4 I could barely watch and stayed there as a show I watched alone and in fast forward through much of it but this season it really shot up in quality by jettisoning most of the old characters while keeping the only two decent actors and added a lot of really interesting and well acted characters. This season I'd even give Fear an 8.

Reactions: hatsbo
I still watch, and not entirely sure why. Maybe it's the whole "I've just made it a habit" thing. Definitely feel like my insistence parallels some of JimBob's loyalty to his asst coaches here, but I digress. Thinking back to former seasons, this has definitely fallen off when compared to the Governor's story arc, which I may not have fully embraced for its quality at the time.

Honestly, I think some of the issue is the obvious "real world" flaws that the story butchers (which are actually starting to be addressed insofar as blowing through the gasoline resources) as well as the multitude of other shows that I'm in to such as Mayans, Billions, Westworld, GoT (finally) and HBO mini-series types like Big Little Lies, Night Of (actually miss that one) and Sharp Objects.

Also, quality work on not having spoilers involved since I haven't seen S9E2 yet.

I agree. It's not my favorite show (it never was but at its peak definitely top 5 or 10) but it's still good enough to watch.

I do think that TWD and Fear have crossed paths now in terms of quality. TWD started and stayed for a long time as a 10 but has dipped down to a 6 and Fear started as a 4 I could barely watch and stayed there as a show I watched alone and in fast forward through much of it but this season it really shot up in quality by jettisoning most of the old characters while keeping the only two decent actors and added a lot of really interesting and well acted characters. This season I'd even give Fear an 8.
Took the words right out of my mouth....

I didn't watch the first 3 years of Fear, so don't know how season 4 was compared to the prior seasons. I watched season 4 as the episodes aired this year; began to enjoy it as the season progressed & as they used less "flashback" scenes (having not watched the first 3 season, I didn't know who any of those folks were so didn't enjoy them much, plus it interrupted the flow badly).

I didn't watch the first 3 years of Fear, so don't know how season 4 was compared to the prior seasons. I watched season 4 as the episodes aired this year; began to enjoy it as the season progressed & as they used less "flashback" scenes (having not watched the first 3 season, I didn't know who any of those folks were so didn't enjoy them much, plus it interrupted the flow badly).

It is definitely NOT worth watching Seasons 1-3 unless you want to watch the first two or three episodes to see what the showrunners claim was the very first outbreak and supposedly the friend of "Druggie Depp" (can't remember his real character name but that was his fan nickname) was the literal first zombie.

It's too bad really, the premise for Fear ("watch the beginnings of the zombie outbreak”) was really good but they totally nerfed it. You see the barest beginnings of the outbreak when the first handful of zombies are roaming around but then when the outbreak really gets going (ie the parts you want to see like the beginning of the remake of Dawn of the Dead) the characters spend that time locked in a safe building. So you don’t get to see law enforcement and military try to stem the tide, they just talk about it obtusely and never show anything.

Nick.

I still watch it. Def ready for Rick to die and let the story move along. I haven't read the comics so that veering means nothing to me. It definitely isn't as good as it was but its still a decent zombie show. With them losing Rick and Maggie, they will have some challenges to create characters people cherish. This is where the willingness to kill people off has bitten them in the rear.

I have been ready for more of a drama where they try to reinstall society norms with the occasional herd rolling through. They also have showed no ability to create a machine that helps with large herd destruction. That would have been one of my first "jobs". Sort of like the wailing turbine the governor had created to capture the dead.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Nick.

I still watch it. Def ready for Rick to die and let the story move along. I haven't read the comics so that veering means nothing to me. It definitely isn't as good as it was but its still a decent zombie show. With them losing Rick and Maggie, they will have some challenges to create characters people cherish. This is where the willingness to kill people off has bitten them in the rear.

I have been ready for more of a drama where they try to reinstall society norms with the occasional herd rolling through. They also have showed no ability to create a machine that helps with large herd destruction. That would have been one of my first "jobs". Sort of like the wailing turbine the governor had created to capture the dead.
I seem to recall sombody having a large zombie grinder. Maybe the garbage pail kids...???

I seem to recall sombody having a large zombie grinder. Maybe the garbage pail kids...???

Yes, but it wasn't very portable. They had to bring the zombies into their home. Id think something you could move around a bit to clear out a street or fight a herd as it comes to your camp. Or just to leave in the middle of a field to draw away from Alexandrea.

That was a cool part of the WWZ book, how the different communities had mass killing solutions. Figure the population that died, they have a large scale clean up to work on.

It is definitely NOT worth watching Seasons 1-3 unless you want to watch the first two or three episodes to see what the showrunners claim was the very first outbreak and supposedly the friend of "Druggie Depp" (can't remember his real character name but that was his fan nickname) was the literal first zombie.

It's too bad really, the premise for Fear ("watch the beginnings of the zombie outbreak”) was really good but they totally nerfed it. You see the barest beginnings of the outbreak when the first handful of zombies are roaming around but then when the outbreak really gets going (ie the parts you want to see like the beginning of the remake of Dawn of the Dead) the characters spend that time locked in a safe building. So you don’t get to see law enforcement and military try to stem the tide, they just talk about it obtusely and never show anything.

Yeah that show so did not deliver on what they promised it was going to be about. They flew through all of that just so we could get to the same types of things Rick's group was dealing with, just on a different part of the US.

I have not watched anything this season and probably am finished. It just was not doing it for me anymore. I loved it, but think it needed to come to a conclusion a long time ago.

Hate watching this season when I can. Only watched the first episode. With the rating tanking would be a good idea to just end it after this season is over. No way Daryl can carry this show.

....... No way Daryl can carry this show.

He got a $20 M contract to not carry it though! Wonder if that is across multiple seasons, all guaranteed, etc.

But I agree, I am not sure his character can carry it. Interesting to see what they do, but it seems like there is a lot of drama going on in the background. Losing 3 of the leads this season. Firing Riggs last season. Multiple law suits still open. Killing off good characters for the sake of the uncertainty and drama also has the impact of creating a lack of stability.

He got a $20 M contract to not carry it though! Wonder if that is across multiple seasons, all guaranteed, etc.

But I agree, I am not sure his character can carry it. Interesting to see what they do, but it seems like there is a lot of drama going on in the background. Losing 3 of the leads this season. Firing Riggs last season. Multiple law suits still open. Killing off good characters for the sake of the uncertainty and drama also has the impact of creating a lack of stability.
That's amazing considering how little they were paying Andrew Lincoln.

There is some inconsistency on information of what he was paid, I saw $90K per episode. But some articles say more.

Either way, I think he is on Easy Street.

Also, I didn't realize Andrew Lincoln was only 45. I thought he was older. Although he looks like a baby in Love Actually.

I like that the new show runner is making Daryl great again though. Gimple ruined his character and actually made me dislike him. Just speaking in complete sentences and having some sort of purpose is a step in the right direction.

Remember when Seinfeld turned down $5,000,000 per episode?

Thats what you call "flip you" money. You see his interview with Larry King about the end of the show?

They say the Friends cast get $20M a year in royalties from syndication still.

Negan ruined for me also. I stopped two seasons ago. I recorded this seasons first episode, watched the first 10 minutes and deleted it. Zero interest anymore.

I lost interest during the Negan storyline, it was too drawn out. I may go back and watch the missed episodes someday but just not interested at this point. They should just go ahead and end the show.

Reactions: dmm5157
Only 2 more episodes with Rick. Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up this quick. I think most of us expected the season finale to be his swan song (or at least the mid-season finale.)

Last night's episode, CSI: Alexandria, was pretty good.

I've liked this season so far, except that I spend a lot of time trying to recall who some of the characters are & what they've done in prior seasons.

Carl’s dead? What about the baby...I think her name was Judith, she still alive? She should be something like 6 or 7 years old now.

And yes, stopped watching it.

Carl’s dead? What about the baby...I think her name was Judith, she still alive? She should be something like 6 or 7 years old now.

Judith looks to be about 3 or 4 in the episode 2 weeks ago.

Judith is still alive.

But not as much time has passed in the Walking Dead Universe as real live.

It started more or less contemporaneous with out time with the Zombie Apocalypse starting roughly around August 3, 2010 and Rick waking up from his 59 day coma around October 1, 2010. So episode 1 of season 1 is about a month behind real time.

All of Season 1 happens only over a 5 day period.

Most of season two happens over a week, then there's a second week while Randal is left on the farm to heal followed by the remainder of the season happening only over three days.

There's 2/3s of a year gap between Season 2 and Season 3. Then Season 3 (first with the Governor) takes place over 20 days. So at the end of season 3 we are only at roughly July 2011.

There's about half a year between Season 3 and Season 4 when Farmer Rick steps out of the prison on episode 1. Most of Season 4 happens over only 4 days with the remainder of the season taking about a week. At the end of Season 4 it's roughly some time in February 2012 (I guess it was hot that winter in the Georgia prison which is why they could farm.).

Season 5 the Terminus and Atlanta PD season, mainly takes place over four days but after most of the season they spend 16 days traveling from Outside of Atlanta to DC. Then they spend quite a bit of time passing tests to stay in Alexandria so that Ricks speech at the end of that season saying basically Alexandria needs him and his people takes place roughly around March 2012.

Season 6 which starts with the Alexandria fight versus the Wolves and the second half deals with the early fights where Rick slaughters some small Savior based only takes place over about two months. That seasons finale introducing Negan and Lucill takes place roughly sometime in May or June of 2012.

Season 7 the first main battles against the Savior take place only over about 19 days. With Season 8 the second group of battles with the Saviors after Rick had allegedly been subjugated takes place over 6 days. So the end of Season 8 which really aired April 15, 2018 is only about the end of June beginning of July, 2012 so the Walking Dead Universe was about 6 years behind ours.

This season there was a big jump forward of a year and a half. So the first episode of this season is set roughly late Oct early Nov 2013.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT