ADVERTISEMENT

Is Koetter the worst coach in the NFL?

vandynole

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
Jameis takes them all the way to the 20 and still had 40 seconds left. So then He decides to take the ball out of his hands for their shitty kicker?

Yes..

But to be fair in this case most coaches would have done the same

I have serious doubts Winston can ever be a championship winning QB. He just can’t help but turn the ball over. Both today were 100% on him and awful decisions. 6 picks in 2.5 games this year. Outside of 2013 he’s been a TO machine his entire career. He can make brilliant plays all game and but he still has 2-3 passes every single week that are completely baffling.

I have serious doubts Winston can ever be a championship winning QB. He just can’t help but turn the ball over. Both today were 100% on him and awful decisions. 6 picks in 2.5 games this year. Outside of 2013 he’s been a TO machine his entire career. He can make brilliant plays all game and but he still has 2-3 passes every single week that are completely baffling.
He was a magician while at FSU. Now he is an average NFL starter.

Perhaps he needs someone to "coach him up"?

So what...he’s a risk taker like Ben and Favre...that’s what makes those guys special

Jameis takes them all the way to the 20 and still had 40 seconds left. So then He decides to take the ball out of his hands for their shitty kicker?
Based on Jamie’s throwing it to the other team 2 times it was the best decision

If the idiot make the first kick or extra point . Jameis games today is considered very good . Atleast they got the win. He also led the team in rushing

I don't disagree on the first one. The second one looks awful but was really a great play by the defender and great spy in the middle of the field right in the logo where it is easier to disguise the spy. Either way, before the end of regulation he was in a rhythm and the momentum had the defense on their heels. With 3 timeouts and 40 secs you gotta let the leader when the game for you or at least get you down into goal to go. Plus I don't think interceptions mean he can't be a championship player. Being a championship player takes far more other variables. Brady threw a potentially costly interception late in their game today. It happens. Your coach putting you in tough situations consistently and having a defense that can't deliver make his turnovers (which are committed by Ryan, Rogers, etc. all the same) more costly.

And two int's and a horrific QB rating of 66.6 And two weeks ago threw for 145 yards.

As compared to other NFL starters, he is very much average.

Or maybe he has garbage around him so he has to do too much.

And two int's and a horrific QB rating of 66.6 And two weeks ago threw for 145 yards.

So no QBs throw Ints? How bout OJ Howard drop on 3rd down which could have sealed the win w a FG to go up 10....lots of factors

So no QBs throw Ints? How bout OJ Howard drop on 3rd down which could have sealed the win w a FG to go up 10....lots of factors

I said the same thing when he dropped that ball

Absolutely. But he is one of those "factors".

And don't get me wrong, I love what he did as a Nole. I just am not as certain he can carry a successful NFL franchise on his shoulders.

Well with one with the worst defense in the nfl and no running game . Probably not. However up until the collapse and OT jameis was having a great game . With Kwon out . He will be throwing every down and nfl defenses know that . There
Will be some bad turnovers when u have that much pressure on those shoulders

Absolutely. But he is one of those "factors".

And don't get me wrong, I love what he did as a Nole. I just am not as certain he can carry a successful NFL franchise on his shoulders.
He is a franchise QB

He is a franchise QB
giphy.gif

If they were smart they would trade for Cook right now...stock is low

It's low because he can't stay on the field and hasn't done anything. In saying that, he was a 2nd round pick so his cap hit is pretty cheap, so I don't really see a reason the Vikings would give up on him yet.

That 145 yard game was after he came on in relief after Fitzmagic pulled his usual disappearing act. He completed 80% of his passes that game for 1 TD, 2 INT (one of which was a last second heave while down 45-10, thanks to Fitzy doing absolutely nothing of positive value).

Reactions: mlanton
Or maybe he has garbage around him so he has to do too much.
Not really, they have quite a bit of talent on that offense. Excellent wide receiver corps, two outstanding right ends, solid offensive line. Iffy at running back, but that is the only weakness in the offense.

If Jameis isn't starting this week (which Koetter has said he isn't) then it is pretty obvious he is done in Tampa. But I do wonder about the decision not to start him. Fitzpatrick obviously isn't the future QB, so it seems to make more sense to go with the younger guy. Either Koetter really doesn't trust Jameis, or this is coming from management who must be just waiting to part ways after the season.

ADVERTISEMENT