ADVERTISEMENT

Jaws makes an appearance at Fernandina Beach

Jun 9, 2018
Two people bitten by sharks within 3 minutes of each other. Madness ensues!

My favorite parts of the article:

"The first attack happened at about 3:35 p.m., and the second at about 3:38 p.m. about 1.2 miles farther south."

"There's a shark in the water that has already bit two people, please exit the water," an official can be heard announcing.

As in just one shark? Ok then...

Bait fish generally travel in large numbers. And, generally, multiple sharks follow the bait fish. I suspect we will learn that these victims unwittingly found themselves in, or near, a sizable bait ball.

Over 20,000,000 people here now. Plus the tourists. Many more targets in the water than there used to be. It's a numbers game.

Reactions: Bml07
I was out in the water around the South Ponte Vedra/Vilano area and saw a fin swimming through the water.

Fastest I've moved in years. Lucky it was just a dolphin

I was out in the water around the South Ponte Vedra/Vilano area and saw a fin swimming through the water.

Fastest I've moved in years. Lucky it was just a dolphin

That's always my favorite game I play with tourists when I'm home! Telling them a dolphin is really a shark!

Many years ago a local helicopter pilot once told me if you ever went out and flew over the shoreline along the gulf beaches and saw what was out there just offshore, you would never in the water again.

ADVERTISEMENT