ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo just got out of bed for his press conference

FSUTPX

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002

I mean it looks that way. At-least he is meeting with the media as usual.

He’s giving up on those hair surgeries I see

Reactions: rion1
In the first 20 seconds he basically spells out that his team is now on the Clemson/Alabama diet. Not begrudging him necessarily, but wasn't that diet available when he was here? And he must have said the word accountability 50+ times. I threw up 50+ times watching this. No one to blame but myself for watching the whole thing but holy This guys is gonna end up in a rubber room with his other 10 personalities if he can't deliver for aTm. Geesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
980x.gif

Just checked to see who they play against next.

Go Texas State Bobcats!:D

Reactions: guynole
Jimbo is a true Saban disciple - He wants to build his program exactly the same way. Needs to have the school invest heavily in building the best facilities, huge support staff, constantly adding more and more to the football program.

IMO he became unhappy at FSU when he couldn’t get everything he wanted. Didn’t matter that he got most of what he asked for.

aTm is a great fit for him. They have tons on money and are rabid about football. As long as Jimbo produces results they will continue to give him whatever he wants.

Jimbo is a really smart football coach, but can the student surpass the master? None of Saban’s disciples have been able to that yet. Time will tell, but not sure I would bet against Saban!

His interviews are so much more informational, more energy, etc... than WT. It is hard to watch a WT interview.

Reactions: wwheisman
A quick scan of the Aggie coaches/staff ...
  • Jeremy Kerr - Offensive & Special Teams Analyst
  • David Spurlock - Offensive Analyst
  • Sean Maguire - Graduate Assistant Coach
Go Noles!

All those Guys he recruited

"Life is all about Relationships"

This is my take on Jimbo now. Good for him if he succeeds, I'm over it. He went through hell in his personal life and checked out. Lost respect for how he ended it but I hope the best for him.

I pretty much feel the same way, now that the dust has settled. In fact, I will
be pulling for him in all his games.

Reactions: CrushemNoles
I enjoy the Jimbo updates. He was a national champion winning coach with our school. I will be interested in how he is doing. But this isn’t because of the ex-girlfriend mentality. I’m just literally interested in how he is doing at A&M.

I’m going to get beat up because of this but I was pulling for A&M a few times last year. Overall they have always been my favorite Texas school. Jimbo went through a rough patch here because of his personal life. I will be interested in how he is doing for a long time.

Thanks for posting OP.

I enjoy the Jimbo updates. He was a national champion winning coach with our school. I will be interested in how he is doing. But this isn’t because of the ex-girlfriend mentality. I’m just literally interested in how he is doing at A&M.

I’m going to get beat up because of this but I was pulling for A&M a few times last year. Overall they have always been my favorite Texas school. Jimbo went through a rough patch here because of his personal life. I will be interested in how he is doing for a long time.

Thanks for posting OP.

I pull for him in every game... The way he and a few players treated my family
plus what he did at FSU Trumps it all. He had some very personal issues come in and ITs tough. Still like WT but always pull for Jimbo.

He needed to leave. I just wonder if Wilcox had left sooner if Fisher would have stayed. Probably doesn’t matter. Just have to look back in 5 years and see the results for each school.

Jimbo is a true Saban disciple - He wants to build his program exactly the same way. Needs to have the school invest heavily in building the best facilities, huge support staff, constantly adding more and more to the football program.

IMO he became unhappy at FSU when he couldn’t get everything he wanted. Didn’t matter that he got most of what he asked for.

aTm is a great fit for him. They have tons on money and are rabid about football. As long as Jimbo produces results they will continue to give him whatever he wants.

Jimbo is a really smart football coach, but can the student surpass the master? None of Saban’s disciples have been able to that yet. Time will tell, but not sure I would bet against Saban!
I don’t think Saban has pushed to strip other athletic programs at Bama. He has gotten a lot but he’s done it by raising money with the school for the things he wanted. I also think he was more patient than people realize, though he doesn’t have to be as much now that his success has made it a ton easier to raise money.

Fisher is already impacting other programs at AM. He’s likely burned through the surpluses they had when he arrived. If he doesn’t learn some patience and help raise money, and share with other programs, he will be despised by many unless he can get them in playoffs every second or third year. And I don’t think he can or will do that.

In the first 20 seconds he basically spells out that his team is now on the Clemson/Alabama diet. Not begrudging him necessarily, but wasn't that diet available when he was here? And he must have said the word accountability 50+ times. I threw up 50+ times watching this. No one to blame but myself for watching the whole thing but holy This guys is gonna end up in a rubber room with his other 10 personalities if he can't deliver for aTm. Geesh.
He said he's "just inches away" from getting his full head of hair back!

Last edited:
Reactions: montconole
This is my take on Jimbo now. Good for him if he succeeds, I'm over it. He went through hell in his personal life and checked out. Lost respect for how he ended it but I hope the best for him.

I agree with this. I think his personal issues had a far greater impact than we realized

Reactions: CrushemNoles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT