ADVERTISEMENT

John from Cincinnati

KitingHigh

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 4, 2003
St Petersburg
Really liked this show when it came out. Me and an associate watched every episode as it came out while on a business engagement.

Anyone else get into it? I'm rewatching it now on Prime.

So you and your “business associate” had a Netflix and chill moment?

So you and your “business associate” had a Netflix and chill moment?
No, we had a break from the bar scene after work or working till 10-12 to watch the episodes on HBO as they came out. There's not a whole lot to do on the road 4-5 days a week for work when you're married with kids.

It come out in 2007 I think Netflix only delivered dvds then.

Did your break from the bar scene occur on Brokeback Mountain?

Did your break from the bar scene occur on Brokeback Mountain?
Sure, why not.

You should have seen orgys we had when more than two of us were on the project.

Sadly there aren't a whole lot of women in IT and BPM consulting so we had to take ship's wives.

Heck, that's the only reason I even took that job.

Reactions: goldmom
No, we had a break from the bar scene after work or working till 10-12 to watch the episodes on HBO as they came out. There's not a whole lot to do on the road 4-5 days a week for work when you're married with kids.

It come out in 2007 I think Netflix only delivered dvds then.

Just messing with you

I have not seen, or if I have, I don’t remember. The name of the show definitely sounds familiar though.

Reactions: KitingHigh
Sure, why not.

You should have seen orgys we had when more than two of us were on the project.

Sadly there aren't a whole lot of women in IT and BPM consulting so we had to take ship's wives.

Heck, that's the only reason I even took that job.
My man.

What kind of IT work do you do?

I watched it when it came out. Not a fan, went nowhere. Odd for odds sake. Didn't particularly like the performances, which are normally a lock down cinch for HBO shows.

The guy who did Deadwood created the show. I think people either hated it or loved it, and a lot of people hated it (which was why it was one season). Count me in as one of the people that loved it. The quirkiness of it, and the slow build up to this idea of a community coming together out of these loose individuals was done so well.

Reactions: KitingHigh
My man.

What kind of IT work do you do?
I retired from that about 5 years ago and now run yachts and teach sailing/cruising/navigation, etc.

I was in information capture and business process management. I wore a lot of hats but primarily sold, designed and implemented enterprise systems to handle things like bank lockboxes(check processing) mortgages, clinical ressearch trials for pharma, insurance claims, tax returns and any other business or government solution that involved large amounts of documents and data.

Much of my work was for or with EMC and companies they would acquire, but others as well.

Reactions: nynole1
The guy who did Deadwood created the show. I think people either hated it or loved it, and a lot of people hated it (which was why it was one season). Count me in as one of the people that loved it. The quirkiness of it, and the slow build up to this idea of a community coming together out of these loose individuals was done so well.
I liked it as well, but it was certainly out there. It did grow in popularity as it went on. Toward the end it was pulling about 3 million viewers, but I guess that was too little too late. Maybe they should have eased into the wierd stuff a bit like Lost did.

ADVERTISEMENT