ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Storms - Sorry for Length, but Important *1/13/20 and FINAL UPDATE IN THREAD*

KadeS6

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hey everyone. I know I don't post much and if this is not allowed on this site, please feel free to delete.

Anyway, when FSU posted the official hire of Storms as the S&C coach on Instagram, I happened to go to his personal Instagram page to check it out. On that page, he had a link in his bio to a " Go Fund Me" page for one of his relative's newborns that is going through a lot of tough heart surgeries (and not to mention a lot of stress and heartache for the boy's parents and family). The story (along with being a father of 2 myself) convicted me to donate to their account. I told the family in my comment how I happened upon their situation and how it truly broke my heart on what they were going through. I received this response from the boy's father:

"Your message is touching and your donation is so very appreciated. Josh is Ashely's cousin and wonderful, selfless human being who is probably the hardest worker I have ever met. He will take great care of your Noles players. Again, thank you so much for contributing to Karson's fund and helping take stress off us as his parents. It's people like you that are going to help us get through this.

Fear the spear.

Thanks again."

I felt the need to post this here considering how much a family the Nole Nation truly is. Now that coach Storms is one of our own with a family member in need, I posted the link to the go fund me in case anyone else feels convicted to help as I did. Even a prayer for Karson and his family would be awesome.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyvau-te...m=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Hey everyone. I know I don't post much and if this is not allowed on this site, please feel free to delete.

Anyway, when FSU posted the official hire of Storms as the S&C coach on Instagram, I happened to go to his personal Instagram page to check it out. On that page, he had a link in his bio to a " Go Fund Me" page for one of his relative's newborns that is going through a lot of tough heart surgeries (and not to mention a lot of stress and heartache for the boy's parents and family). The story (along with being a father of 2 myself) convicted me to donate to their account. I told the family in my comment how I happened upon their situation and how it truly broke my heart on what they were going through. I received this response from the boy's father:

"Your message is touching and your donation is so very appreciated. Josh is Ashely's cousin and wonderful, selfless human being who is probably the hardest worker I have ever met. He will take great care of your Noles players. Again, thank you so much for contributing to Karson's fund and helping take stress off us as his parents. It's people like you that are going to help us get through this.

Fear the spear.

Thanks again."

I felt the need to post this here considering how much a family the Nole Nation truly is. Now that coach Storms is one of our own with a family member in need, I posted the link to the go fund me in case anyone else feels convicted to help as I did. Even a prayer for Karson and his family would be awesome.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyvau-te...m=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
Donated!

Reactions: KadeS6
This is awesome. I know the TC can become contentious about all things FSU football/athletics (as we are all passionate about this university), but when things get "real" for life outside of sports, we always come together. This is what makes this place great. Its like the family that won't stop bickering at each other constantly, but will be there at 3:00 AM to help without question in times of crisis. God Bless you all and I'm glad to see this family get some much needed support (and hopefully a smile or two) during this difficult time.

Fear the spear.

Thanks again."

Done my brother! Let’s go Noles!!

Just an update. Appears $2,020 has been raised since I posted this. It appears most (if not all) came from all of your generousity. That is so awesome and great for this family! Keep the momentum going (and keep praying)! Thank you for helping!!

Fear the spear.

Thanks again."

Thanks for making us aware. Done

Reactions: NLBNPB and KadeS6
Philanthropy like this is just another thing that makes it so great to be a part of this family. Classy move, sir. Way to set the pace and get the word out. We take care of our own. I’m sure they’ll see many more contributions from us than they could’ve possibly imagined. They’ll see one from me.

Another Update this morning. We are currently at $3,050 in donations which is awesome! I received the following e-mail from Karson's father overnight:

"Kade-

I’m dead tired and I laid down to go to bed and just figured I’d see if I needed to write a few thank-you messages tonight. It turns out that I’m having a hard time seeing the screen through the water in my eyes (I don’t think it’s allergies)

I don’t think anything that I write will be adequate to thank you and all of the Seminole Nation for the amount of support we have received! I just checked Karson’s page and there are at least 29 donations from Nole fans! I say at least because those 29 all mentioned the Noles in the message. There are about 30 more names that I have never seen in my life but just didn’t confirm their connection.

We are so humbled by the generosity and the outpouring of support that we have received from your wonderful group of family and friends.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart.

Thank-you again.

Fear the Spear!

Josh, Ashely, Kullen and Karson

PS you can tell your friends and family that I will get their thank yous written after I get some rest as we had a long day at the hospital today."

I don't know what else needs to be said, but "WOW". This is what the Seminole Family is all about. Like Coach Haggins (and now Coach Norvell) says, "There's only one way.... The NOLE WAY." Each of you have shown what the true NOLE WAY is! I can't thank each of you enough for helping this family that is in need. This comfort and support you brought to them can't be measured.

Thanks again everyone! I hope to see it continue!!!

Another Update this morning. We are currently at $3,050 in donations which is awesome! I received the following e-mail from Karson's father overnight:

"Kade-

I’m dead tired and I laid down to go to bed and just figured I’d see if I needed to write a few thank-you messages tonight. It turns out that I’m having a hard time seeing the screen through the water in my eyes (I don’t think it’s allergies)

I don’t think anything that I write will be adequate to thank you and all of the Seminole Nation for the amount of support we have received! I just checked Karson’s page and there are at least 29 donations from Nole fans! I say at least because those 29 all mentioned the Noles in the message. There are about 30 more names that I have never seen in my life but just didn’t confirm their connection.

We are so humbled by the generosity and the outpouring of support that we have received from your wonderful group of family and friends.

Thank-you again.

Fear the Spear!

PS you can tell your friends and family that I will get their thank yous written after I get some rest as we had a long day at the hospital today."

I don't know what else needs to be said, but "WOW". This is what the Seminole Family is all about. Like Coach Haggins (and now Coach Norvell) says, "There's only one way.... The NOLE WAY." Each of you have shown what the true NOLE WAY is! I can't thank each of you enough for helping this family that is in need. This comfort and support you brought to them can't be measured.

Donated.

"Kade-

Thank-you again.

Fear the Spear!

@Dot Com - you didn't just create a platform for us to whine about the logo. :) Look at what you started! @iraschoffel - think we can maybe take this story to the next level?

Fear the spear.

Thanks again."

Great job OP. We are all Noles and we take care of our own. Just donated and will get this out to my entire network.

ADVERTISEMENT