ADVERTISEMENT

Living in space literally alters your genetic code

This and the extra radiation from cosmic rays, etc.
But, but...that's how you become a superb-hero......
10-06-2013-035633PM.jpg

So interesting. I wonder if the effect is purely from the gravity free environment?
It's from every single difference between living on a space craft and living on earth. It's not one, two or a thousand things doing it. There's an astronomical number of differences between living on earth and living on a spaceship and they would all contribute to this.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
It's from every single difference between living on a space craft and living on earth. It's not one, two or a thousand things doing it. There's an astronomical number of differences between living on earth and living on a spaceship and they would all contribute to this.
You mean like drinking recycled urine? Stuff like that?

Reactions: BloodyNoseJose
Does Tribe post lengthier posts from space than on earth?

I don’t know but I’d like to find out. I halfjokingly and secretly somewhat seriously told my wife that if Trump actually followed through and formed the US Spacey I was joining even just a janitorial position just to say I was one of the first. But surprise surprise, that didn’t happen and the Air Force remains basically the sole military operator in space and now I’ll age out of even those desk positions in a year. So the US Spacey isn’t going to happen in my eligibility.

Would I have done it, probably not. But it would have been great to have that option and talk about it.

There's very little radiation shielding. I'm not surprised by this at all.

that's actually going to be the most difficult portion of space travel, our atmosphere provides a ton of shielding from radiation. Once you head into space, no amount of shielding on the spacecraft that we currently have available comes near our atmosphere.

It's odd that this topic, about twins being different due to outside forces, was posted right before Stephen Hawkin's death. In his book "Brief History of Time" he writes about two twins living in different places, one on a mountain and one by the sea, that end up aging differently due to the fluctuation of time.

I don’t know but I’d like to find out. I halfjokingly and secretly somewhat seriously told my wife that if Trump actually followed through and formed the US Spacey I was joining even just a janitorial position just to say I was one of the first. But surprise surprise, that didn’t happen and the Air Force remains basically the sole military operator in space and now I’ll age out of even those desk positions in a year. So the US Spacey isn’t going to happen in my eligibility.

Would I have done it, probably not. But it would have been great to have that option and talk about it.

MSGA...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT