ADVERTISEMENT

LSD Ring at Nuclear Missile Base in Wyoming

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
https://www.yahoo.com/news/security-troops-us-nuclear-missile-took-lsd-100112849.html

Meet service members entrusted with guarding nuclear missiles that are among the most powerful in America's arsenal. Air Force records obtained by The Associated Press show they bought, distributed and used the hallucinogen LSD and other mind-altering illegal drugs as part of a ring that operated undetected for months on a highly secure military base in Wyoming. After investigators closed in, one airman deserted to Mexico.

"Although this sounds like something from a movie, it isn't," said Capt. Charles Grimsley, the lead prosecutor of one of several courts martial.
=========================

bleeding-colors-ron-fleishman.jpg

Military members are samples of society....and always have had the same issues.
I don’t doubt that.
What’s appalling is that these guys likely had high level clearances, and the additional screening incumbent in them, and they turned nothing up.

Considering their... side jobs... they’d be ripe for blackmail or coercion. Huge national security risk given the nature of their responsibilities and knowledge.

The Americans would have trouble scripting up a more vulnerable set of targets.

I don’t doubt that.
What’s appalling is that these guys likely had high level clearances, and the additional screening incumbent in them, and they turned nothing up.

Considering their... side jobs... they’d be ripe for blackmail or coercion. Huge national security risk given the nature of their responsibilities and knowledge.

The Americans would have trouble scripting up a more vulnerable set of targets.

They have secret clearances, nothing higher. I would be concerned if they were launch officers but they weren’t.

Reactions: WeatheredWarrior
Not surprised. If you have ever seen these things throughout Montana and Wyoming (and elsewhere), they are literally in the middle of BFE. We are talking DESOLATE. Little or no human interaction, and days-weeks-months-years of nothingness. Yeah, I could see a bored-out-of-his-mind-kid doing lots of things to pass the time. Unfortunate, but really not surprising to me.

Not surprised. If you have ever seen these things throughout Montana and Wyoming (and elsewhere), they are literally in the middle of BFE. We are talking DESOLATE. Little or no human interaction, and days-weeks-months-years of nothingness. Yeah, I could see a bored-out-of-his-mind-kid doing lots of things to pass the time. Unfortunate, but really not surprising to me.
Well enough interaction to find people who’ll buy drugs from them.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole

Exactly, like having a shroom farm and going on Peyote hunts.

They don't live in the silos. They are stationed at a military base and go out to the silos to sit alert for a few days.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
ADVERTISEMENT