ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Williams needs to leave the Saints

Mark Rudd

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 12, 2004
Folks in the Big Easy will forever be suspicious of that play. All I can think of is that he was afraid of a PI. Looked like he purposefully dodged the receiver and actually blocked his own player.

Reactions: jay_nole
All he had to do was tackle him regardless. They would have had to rush to the line spike the ball and if that happens with time remaining then a long FG attempt.

He was trying to avoid PI and put the Vikings in FG range he then accidentally took out the only player that could have made the play. I hope people have enough football knowledge to realize that. Sucks for that kid and the saints.

I doubt it was intention but that dude musta broke a mirror in front of a black cat while walking under a ladder. You couldn’t draw up a worse scenario if you tried. If that happened in a movie you’d call it bull s___ Hollywood suspension of reality.

you either play the ball or the player and he did neither. If he lost the ball with his eyes, he just needs to keep the player in front of him. but he ducks and misses......???

Reactions: NYC Nole
It wasn't intentional. He dove to the outside to keep the wr from going out of bounds to stop the clock. Only problem is when you duck your head like that you lose track of what you're trying to tackle. Rookie mistake (because he is a rookie) but I don't doubt he'll receive some nasty threats from some over the top saints fans.

Reactions: supanoles5
Probably have a gang of crazy Cajuns camped out in front of his house screaming death threats

If he’s smart he will get in touch with Southwest Airlines marketing and cash in on this. Can you think of a better #wannagetaway moment than that?

Reactions: NoleLizards
Man that was crazy. I was waiting for an update on my phone then got a text that said omg! . A saints heartbreaking loss is right up there with uf for me since my falcons choked it up yesterday . Misery loves company.hahaha

He was trying to avoid PI and put the Vikings in FG range he then accidentally took out the only player that could have made the play. I hope people have enough football knowledge to realize that. Sucks for that kid and the saints.
Apparently not...

He could make the next 10 Pro Bowls playing for the Aints, and their fans will still remember him for that play, and that play only.

ADVERTISEMENT