ADVERTISEMENT

Mask Mandate on Planes/Trains Extended Until at Least April 18

Interesting. Original expiration date of March 18 extended 30 days.
Annoying as crap. I fly all the time for work and I am so so sick of this crap. Wear one if you want and let those of who aren't afraid of germs that have been around since Adam and Eve walked out of the garden get on with our lives. I also hate never being able to smile at people and I also have a really hard time understanding people when I can't see their faces. Sucks!!

Annoying as crap. I fly all the time for work and I am so so sick of this crap. Wear one if you want and let those of who aren't afraid of germs that have been around since Adam and Eve walked out of the garden get on with our lives. I also hate never being able to smile at people and I also have a really hard time understanding people when I can't see their faces. Sucks!!
It's fun if you turn it into a game. Guess what their facial expression would be when a random event happens. "Becky I know Evan just spilled hot coffee on your new dress but I'm guessing you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. Are you smiling behind that mask?" See what percentage you get correct.

It's fun if you turn it into a game. Guess what their facial expression would be when a random event happens. "Becky I know Evan just spilled hot coffee on your new dress but I'm guessing you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. Are you smiling behind that mask?" See what percentage you get correct.
I do appreciate your attitude but I really believe there is nothing more human and polite than smiling at a stranger and having them smile back : ) Here's one for you!! : )

Amazing our influence over the Chinese. Before you know it they will be wearing masks too.
In Asian countries its not uncommon for people to wear masks in everyday settings even before the pandemic. What's odd is that even with all the masking and lockdowns which are much more strict than those here they still have record case numbers.

Same reason for wearing the masks in the first place. Crickets, I mean the science of course. Even the USG guidance in federal buildings is to go with the county guidance from the CDC so this makes very little sense.
Current CDC surveillance data for the last week:
Covid related hospitalization 2.8 per 100,000
Influenza related hospitalizations 5.5 per 100,000

In Asian countries its not uncommon for people to wear masks in everyday settings even before the pandemic. What's odd is that even with all the masking and lockdowns which are much more strict than those here they still have record case numbers.
Because of air pollution mostly................but yes whenever there is an outbreak of a respiratory virus.

I miss seeing your smile. Maybe the worst part of the entire pandemic! 🔥😀

• Love
Reactions: misswebbsilverchief
apparently, not everyone "happy" about this!?

Now can we address prices for flights? Holy crap it’s expensive right now. I know I know, fuel prices, etc. I just wanted to complain.

Reactions: jgking83
Now can we address prices for flights? Holy crap it’s expensive right now. I know I know, fuel prices, etc. I just wanted to complain.
They're ridiculous currently. Scott's Cheap Flights has been a life saver for finding cheap flights if you're flexible. I have tickets to the Pearl Jam concert in Denver in September and I'm not booking until a deal pops up or prices go down generally. A lot of the people going with us to New Orleans for the game are waiting as well.

They're ridiculous currently. Scott's Cheap Flights has been a life saver for finding cheap flights if you're flexible. I have tickets to the Pearl Jam concert in Denver in September and I'm not booking until a deal pops up or prices go down generally. A lot of the people going with us to New Orleans for the game are waiting as well.
Domestic flights are crazy right now. International isn't too bad but will probably go up after this since they will use it as a demand indicator.

Here is a trick you may or may not know already. Search on your phone then buy on your computer or different device. You can sometimes get better deals when you go into buy. The system sees searches as demand and increases prices accordingly.

Reactions: hatsbo
Here is a trick you may or may not know already. Search on your phone then buy on your computer or different device. You can sometimes get better deals when you go into buy. The system sees searches as demand and increases prices accordingly.
Yea that's what I do. I also always check Scott's Cheap Flights and always google flight search what I'm looking for.

I just booked a bourbon trail trip this summer that was surprisingly cheap into Louisville. Looked at Denver and Vegas and immediately said nope!

Domestic flights are crazy right now. International isn't too bad but will probably go up after this since they will use it as a demand indicator.
Saw some Europe prices just pop up for around $400 round trip out of Miami so yea definitely some deals internationally.

Saw some Europe prices just pop up for around $400 round trip out of Miami so yea definitely some deals internationally.
Good time to take advantage people reluctant to go overseas. Going to the Open in St Andrews this year and some distilleries. Hopefully the full crowds are not back yet.

Reactions: hatsbo and PopsNole
Good time to take advantage people reluctant to go overseas. Going to the Open in St Andrews this year and some distilleries. Hopefully the full crowds are not back yet.
I have a trip to the Bahamas setup for June, barely international. Planning on northern Italy, Greece or Croatia in 2023.

Which distilleries? We have been to Scotland twice and consider it one our best trips. We toured (amongst others) The Belvaney, Glen Morangie, Oban and Dalmore distilleries (forgive any spelling errors)

Which distilleries? We have been to Scotland twice and consider it one our best trips. We toured (amongst others) The Belvaney, Glen Morangie, Oban and Dalmore distilleries (forgive any spelling errors)
Were going to try and do Glenkenchie, Ardbeg, Oban and Bunnahabhain. Were going to start in Edinburgh then move west before taking the ferry across to Ireland. Will try to do a couple Irish whiskey spots as well. Did the Jameson and Guinness before but they are always fun.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT