ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer...gonezo

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
Last edited:
The termination of US news "reporter" Matt Lauer is a devastating blow to enthusiasts of vapid morning banter with mindless celebrities.

With great power there must also come great responsibility - Uncle Ben

DPzWk5aX0AISKfR.jpg:large

Last edited:
Should we start a pool for who's up next? Certainly there's no shortage of names and new revelations to come.

Just imagine if / when these start coming out about coaches (college or pro), I can guarantee those guys have done some wild crap, esp in their playing days #Peyton or coaching on college campus #Pruitt (to be fair Pruitt was simply involved in adultery, not misconduct).

Reactions: cmanole
Are all these sexual misconduct cases physical touching issues? I can't fathom how all these women were touched inappropriately and not one ever said anything until now. These men were allowed to continue their behavior and nobody ever had the balls to speak up? I wonder if some of these cases are things (not touching but maybe sexual advances or such) that are considered inappropriate today but weren't so bad 20-30 years ago.

Reactions: RTM58
Are all these sexual misconduct cases physical touching issues? I can't fathom how all these women were touched inappropriately and not one ever said anything until now. These men were allowed to continue their behavior and nobody ever had the balls to speak up? I wonder if some of these cases are things (not touching but maybe sexual advances or such) that are considered inappropriate today but weren't so bad 20-30 years ago.

That is the hard part with all of this. It doesn't make it right but if someone made a sexual advance on someone and it wasn't reciprocated that person clearly should be punished for it but I find it hard to equate a misplaced (completely wrong) sexual pass with a sexual predator monster that should be fired and no longer employable.

Katie Churic said he would pinch her on the rear all the time.

And that's not why he was fired, they brushed that off. So whatever it is that he did....must have been juicy!

Lauer was fired within 24 hours of the complaint. One of two things: he wiped out little matty and asked her to take dictation or he brushed up against her at a cocktail party and NBC saw it as a way to get out of his huge contract whilst looking like are the better network.

Lauer was fired within 24 hours of the complaint. One of two things: he wiped out little matty and asked her to take dictation or he brushed up against her at a cocktail party and NBC saw it as a way to get out of his huge contract whilst looking like are the better network.
NBC News has a much more burdensome, deadweight contract on the books that I'm sure they'd much rather rid themselves of before Lauer.

"Lauer is among the worst I've heard about," Ali added. "Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff."

Ali is some reporter for Huff Post. Cant' wait for the details to come out. Never did like that smug prick.

"One source says that Lauer once gave her a sex toy as a gift, along with an explicit note detailing “how he wanted to use it on her,” while another says that one day Lauer called her into his office, dropped his pants to expose his genitals, and then reprimanded her for quickly leaving the room."

"Perhaps most disturbing of all, back in New York, “his office [at NBC] was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up ... [allowing] him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” as Variety puts it."

https://www.avclub.com/detailed-allegations-against-matt-lauer-have-emerged-a-1820853155

Put any of us under a microscope, and we’d probably be fired (jailed) for something - legit or misconstrued.

Dunno about that. I've never cruised a mall for high school chicks, grabbed or pinched a coworker's rear end, run my hand up a coworker's shirt, or whipped out my johnson in work (or anywhere else in public for that matter), etc. etc.

I really don't get what these guys are thinking with this stuff. Unbelievable that they got away with it for so long.

Then you've never had any honest conversations with women who have abused by people in power.

"One source says that Lauer once gave her a sex toy as a gift, along with an explicit note detailing “how he wanted to use it on her,” while another says that one day Lauer called her into his office, dropped his pants to expose his genitals, and then reprimanded her for quickly leaving the room."

"Perhaps most disturbing of all, back in New York, “his office [at NBC] was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up ... [allowing] him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” as Variety puts it."

https://www.avclub.com/detailed-allegations-against-matt-lauer-have-emerged-a-1820853155
Yeah...doesn’t sound good for ol’ Matt.

I really don't get what these guys are thinking with this stuff. Unbelievable that they got away with it for so long.

Making $25m a year can seriously inflate ones sense of self worth. This is especially true in an industry rife with narcissists who believe others cannot live or survive without their contribution. It really is unbelievable, but they were apparently surrounded by enablers.

Last edited:
I think it said that Variety had been working on the story for 2 months now.

Matt had to of known it was going down any day.

Dunno about that. I've never cruised a mall for high school chicks, grabbed or pinched a coworker's rear end, run my hand up a coworker's shirt, or whipped out my johnson in work (or anywhere else in public for that matter), etc. etc.

I'm comfortable in the belief that most people suck.

Unfortunately I think that belief is confirmed far more than it's contradicted.
I hear where your going with this, and agree to an extent. But people have always sucked, but people also surprise. There was one time in the 1980s, when I was was completing serious studies into human anthro and started watching clan of the cave bear on the usa channel and didnt understand certain scenes and commercial breaks and edits. But low and behold, the study began again when a newspaper appeared on the doorstep with the movie listed on cimemax. Lesson learned- do not ever discount the random kindness of strangers or those that throw tv guides at houses.

What is it with these dudes surprising women by showing them their weenis?

Like is that a thing us guys do that I was never told about?

What about that seems arousing or like a good idea.

Dude who wrote this episode has def exposed himself to some women who weren't looking to see his wang.

Then you've never had any honest conversations with women who have abused by people in power.
Ummm, she has dudes show her their dingalings for a living.

Also close with friends with nurses and the stories they tell over drinks, make me blush and walk away, then come back out of their sheer honesty and brutality.

Seriously kc, Ive noticed a theme in your posts about this and just wondering what happened in your life that makes you so staunch and opiniated? Dont have to go into much details and seriously not busting your balls, but Id really like to know, maybe put some gravity to your posts.

About the misconstrued comment, that makes me think of AL Franken. As much as he annoys me, I have to wonder if his butt grab was inadvertent. I think I'm going the route if Mr Bean in the future.
eOay9Ia.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: AllNoles and RTM58
ADVERTISEMENT