Men's Track & Field / Cross Country

kodiackid

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
I wish we were getting more FSU track news on this site. Apparently they got off to a good start in first indoor meet, but I don’t have the info or perspective to know how good.

miami seminole

Mar 29, 2002
La Quinta, CA
There are several posters who regularly discuss T & F in this forum during the season. A couple of them are very knowledgeable about track in general and our program specifically. During the season there is typically a T&F thread pinned to the top.

There are only so many hours in a day and writers on the payroll. Recruiting, football, basketball and baseball drive membership and the site's focus. T&F coverage is just not something you get a lot of requests for.

Reactions: evgoodwin

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Howdy kodiac, here is the thread from last season. https://floridastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/2019-20-track-and-field.265076/

Noles started hot yesterday at the Pollack meet at clemmons... https://seminolesweb-8b76.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Clemson-Day-1.pdf

Keith Herton has a strong set of jumpers once again, including Isaac Grimes, whose 8.18m top national mark early in the season nearly eclipsed Ngoni’s Seminole record of 8.21m. He was followed by Jeremiah Davis in 2nd. A pair of newcomers Sutton and Lasmane placed 1 and 2 for the ladies.
The sprinters are showing strength again early and the lady distance crowd hit good early marks...

Reactions: evgoodwin

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Veterans Grimes and Skyring with facility records. Young Lasmane is a force...

benzynole

Star Player
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2003
The men finished 7th in a very tough field. My ? does anyone know why the woman’s team did not complete? Complete article on Seminole.com.

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Thank you.
Here is an upcoming meet at the site of the championships later this season. The kids will get a taste of the facilities, which is bound to help later...

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Dang, Noles 4x400 men DQ in the final event of a very strong field in Arkansas. Our fourth place finish in a stout field, would have been third without the DQ.
Isaac Grimes busted out a best in the world (early in this season) long jump that bested legendary Ngoni for best all time for FSU. Steady Trey Cunningham also with a national leading time over the 60m hurdles. Little Ruta Lasmane is a force in the triple jump, nailing a personal best at the site, later, of the NCAA championships.
Go Noles!!

Tom81

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
It wasn't too long ago that BB has us winning nattys.
Sometime after that, he hired ?Karen Harvey? who had our women's CC team finishing in the top 3 every year.
I don't remember if she quit or he fired her, but it's been all down hill since then.
I remember after firing her and losing the sprint coach to UGA, he made some statement about watching the results or fire him if he didn't produce.
Well?

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Noles finish close to their seeds going into the Indoor Championships as the men place 6th and the woman 16th.
Big shoutouts to the ladies bronze in the DMR, little Ruta‘s PB bronze in the triple, and Isaac Grimes’s massive PB in the LJ. Trey Cunningham’s season best in the 60 Hurdles was short of the title, resulting in his first loss of the season.
CC team heads on to the title races tomorrow and outdoor season is coming up...

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
FSU Men are killing it at ACC Championships. Plenty of Gold, Silver and point scorers. 2 more events. Looks good so far for Men and close for Women

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
FSU Men are the 2021 ACC Outdoor Track and Field Champs!
Dang skrate! Noles DQ in the men’s 4x4 stopped us from crushing it, but 136 to 116.5 over VT is solid.
Duke women rode a killer combination of 38 points in the 400 and 4x4 to tie us at 110 apiece and a share of the title.

Last edited:

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
C'mon Bill! Tonight alone we had 4 guys occupying the 8 lanes in the 100m final and 4 scored including Silver and Bronze. Both 200m guys scored with Gold and Silver. 5K won Gold. 110 Hurdles won Gold. 4x100 relay took Gold.

• Love
Reactions: billanole

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
C'mon Bill! Tonight alone we had 4 guys occupying the 8 lanes in the 100m final and 4 scored including Silver and Bronze. Both 200m guys scored with Gold and Silver. 5K won Gold. 110 Hurdles won Gold. 4x100 relay took Gold.
Great to see Kasaun James and Bryand Rincher getting some time on the cinders again. How about Don Swint as well?!!

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
The men's and women's teams were brilliant at the ACC Championships. Way to go Noles!!!

RALEIGH, N.C. – The Florida State men captured the outright ACC Championship and the Seminole Women finished as the Co-ACC Champions as the three-day ACC Championship Meet at the Paul Derr Track and Field Facility at NC State University came to an exciting conclusion. The Seminole men rallied from a fourth place standing after Day 2 to win its championship while the Florida State women charged back from third place to heading into the final round to finish as the co-champions with Duke.

“Our men were nearly perfect today,” said head coach Bob Braman. “We left virtually no points out there, and even overachieved in most events. Virginia Tech made us work as they always do. I am very proud to be a double champion program.”

The Florida State men won their 13th team championship and first since 2018. The men’s title was the Seminoles’ 11th while the women’s crown was the fifth under Braman.

In the men’s competition, FSU piled up 136 points, the most by any men’s team since FSU scored 149 in 2013. Virginia Tech finished second (116.5), while Virginia placed third (92). On the women’s side, Virginia took third with 92 points to follow Duke and Florida State.

https://seminoles.com/seminole-men-and-women-claim-acc-track-and-field-championships/

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
Great to see Kasaun James and Bryand Rincher getting some time on the cinders again. How about Don Swint as well?!!
Swint thankfully is finally starting to make the transition to D1 competition. Kasaun is just now healthy enough to be back on the track and boy did he deliver. JoJo Martin will light up the boards at NCAA East Regionals. Glad Coach Argro did not overdo it with him at ACC. Heck, without him in 100m we still scored mucho points. He already has 9.94 under his belt in regular season. Next year will be Rincher's story. Just 1 year ago he was on a ventilator in a Burn Unit fighting for life. Rather than redshirt, he wanted to compete knowing he would not possibly be the 10 flat time he ran as a freshman. He has the heart of a lion. Stay tuned for his story the next few years.

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Swint thankfully is finally starting to make the transition to D1 competition. Kasaun is just now healthy enough to be back on the track and boy did he deliver. JoJo Martin will light up the boards at NCAA East Regionals. Glad Coach Argro did not overdo it with him at ACC. Heck, without him in 100m we still scored mucho points. He already has 9.94 under his belt in regular season. Next year will be Rincher's story. Just 1 year ago he was on a ventilator in a Burn Unit fighting for life. Rather than redshirt, he wanted to compete knowing he would not possibly be the 10 flat time he ran as a freshman. He has the heart of a lion. Stay tuned for his story the next few years.
Thanks for the insight.
Both squads left so little on the table this week. They mostly hit their marks or exceeded them. This is the time to be peaking. Props to the kids, coaches, and support folks.

benzynole

Star Player
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2003
Does anyone know what happened to Trey Cunningham? He failed to start his heat of the hurdles at the NCAA prelims.

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
Men's team advances 100m sprinters James (10.06), Martin(10.03) and Banks (10.3) to Fri evening. Both 200m sprinters Martin (20.49) and James (20.28) advance to Friday with top 6 qualifying times. 400m sprinter Butler also advances to Friday. Next up Mens 10K

Last edited:

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
Men's team advances 100m sprinters James (10.06), Martin(10.03) and Banks (10.3) to Fri evening. Both 200m sprinters Martin (20.49) and James (20.28) advance to Friday with top 6 qualifying times. 400m sprinter Butler also advances to Friday. Next up Men's 10K: Adrian Wildschutt took 2nd in 10K and punched his ticket to Oregon!

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
It wouldn't be an FSU T&F team w/o injuries.
This has been talked about in previous years ad nauseum.
It's an every year thing with this team.
Once or twice is being snake bitten.
Our consistency with this problem is a pattern.

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
Well, I choose to celebrate the positive. The Mens sprint squad punched their ticket to Oregon with 100m (3 guys) , 200m (2 guys), 4x100 and 4x400. It's been a helluva long time, but it's back. JoJo Martin went 9.9 yet again, James 10.04, Banks 10.1. the 4x400 qualified while running literally in the dark ...yes the stadium lights went out during the first leg. FSU Men also advanced 10k runner, 2 jumpers, high jump and discus. If that's not enough productivity during a crazy global pandemic season, then enjoy being cranky. Stayed tuned for Ladies events this evening.

Last edited:

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Who is Luta? Holy cow she can jump a mile!
Little freshman from Lithuania (I think) following in the footsteps of Grete Sadaiko (spelling?), our multi sport athlete from several years back.
She burst on the scene right out of the gate this year. Awesome performer...

Reactions: onadime

onadime

All-ACC
Apr 26, 2011
Little freshman from Lithuania (I think) following in the footsteps of Grete Sadaiko (spelling?), our multi sport athlete from several years back.
She burst on the scene right out of the gate this year. Awesome performer...
Grete (now Griffin with RGIII) is from Estonia. The European athletes benefit from having the multi competitions not available in US high schools. These gals come to US colleges as veteran heptathletes

fsufool

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
New Hampshire
www.shaferfinancial.com
Stand strong, Mr. Rincher. Wow, what a story. I am having a hard time linking, but check out Bryand’s interview after being awarded the Wilma Rudolph award.

Wow............impressive kid.

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Can anyone help me on the NCAA, what Noles should I be looking for and when are the events? I set the DVR so should be covered. Thanks.

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Can anyone help me on the NCAA, what Noles should I be looking for and when are the events? I set the DVR so should be covered. Thanks.
This should help, squiffster. https://dt8v5llb2dwhs.cloudfront.net/Outdoor/2021/index.htm
Today will be busy as Jordan Wesner starts us off in the high jump, followed by Milt Ingraham in the discus. The men then fire up the 4 x 100 finals with a deep and talented group. Jacore Irving represents later in the triple jump and we have Jojo Martin and young Taylor Banks in the 100 final.

On Friday, star power will be on display with both Casa Marie and Shanice in the top eight discus tosses. After Maudie Skyring runs the 1500, the ladies will pass the baton in the 4x 100, Jayla Kirkland chases points in the 100, while little Ruta and Alonie will challenge for triple jump points.

I hope that I did not leave anybody out...
Go Noles!!

Last edited:

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
This should help, squiffster. https://dt8v5llb2dwhs.cloudfront.net/Outdoor/2021/index.htm
Today will be busy as Jordan Wesner starts us off in the high jump, followed by Milt Ingraham in the discus. The men then fire up the 4 x 100 finals with a deep and talented group. Jacore Irving represents later in the triple jump and we have Jojo Martin and young Taylor Banks in the 100 final.

On Friday, star power will be on display with both Casa Marie and Shanice in the top eight discus tosses. After Maudie Skyring runs the 1500, the ladies will pass the baton in the 4x 100, Jayla Kirkland chases points in the 100, while little Ruta and Alonie will challenge for triple jump points.

I hope that I did not leave anybody out...
Go Noles!!
Perfect! Thank you Mr. billanole.