ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Tyson GIF?

any one in particular..?

giphy.gif

Had a chance to be the GOAT. A GOAT doesn't get KO'd by Buster Douglas. Ali was the GOAT

Even Ali himself admitted he wasn’t the GOAT. The GOaT is Sugar Ray Robinson whose losses were almost all outside of his prime.

He went 85-0 as an amateur with 69 wins via KO. Then while in his prime as a professional he went 128-1-2 with a 91 fight win streak and 84 KOs. His sole loss in his prime was to a fighter who weighed 16lbs as much as he did as he fought out of his weight class. Once outside of his prime he still went 45-18-4 and picked up another middleweight title.

In comparison Ali “only” went 56-5 with 37 wins by KO.

Last edited:
Even Ali himself admitted he wasn’t the GOAT. The GOaT is Sugar Ray Robinson whose were almost all outside of his prime.

He went 85-0 as an amateur with 69 wins via KO. Then while in his prime as a professional he went 128-1-2 with a 91 fight win streak and 84 KOs. His sole loss in his prime was to a fighter who weighed 16lbs as much as he did as he fought out of his weight class. Once outside of his prime he still went 45-18-4 and picked up another middleweight title.

In comparison Ali “only” went 56-5 with 37 wins by KO.
I was talking Heavyweights. As far as boxing in general, you I agree with Sugar Ray Robinson

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Not a chance in hell!!!!!!! Tyson was a natural...man I’m not even going to start this convo
He could have been, but he went down the wrong path .... sorry but he did get knocked out be Buster Douglas and it wasnt a lucky punch, Ill say it again ... Buster Douglas. Not only that but he also got whooped pretty good by Evander Holifield (no shame in that) but GOAT's dont bite ears when they are getting their ass kicked. Sorry ... he could have been the GOAT but he got Don Kinged and went down the wrong path ... he should have stayed with the team that brought him up and cared about him. You are probably the only boxing fan that thinks Mike Tyson is GOAT ... SMDH

I don't think he ever would have been known as the GOAT even had he not gone down the wrong path. Not necessarily because of anything he did or didn't do but because of the heavyweight competition at the time. For the most part he beat (and in many cases whooped) everyone in front of him but the competition in the division was pretty weak during his time of dominance.

He could have been, but he went down the wrong path .... sorry but he did get knocked out be Buster Douglas and it wasnt a lucky punch, Ill say it again ... Buster Douglas. Not only that but he also got whooped pretty good by Evander Holifield (no shame in that) but GOAT's dont bite ears when they are getting their ass kicked. Sorry ... he could have been the GOAT but he got Don Kinged and went down the wrong path ... he should have stayed with the team that brought him up and cared about him. You are probably the only boxing fan that thinks Mike Tyson is GOAT ... SMDH
Dude he trained for like 2 weeks and that crazy bitch wife of his called him the day of the fight and told him that she had a miscarriage...women wasn’t even pregnant!!!!! 2. Buster got knocked out in the 8th homeboy got a 12 count!!! Point blank

Reactions: BloodyNoseJose
I don't think he ever would have been known as the GOAT even had he not gone down the wrong path. Not necessarily because of anything he did or didn't do but because of the heavyweight competition at the time. For the most part he beat (and in many cases whooped) everyone in front of him but the competition in the division was pretty weak during his time of dominance.
Tyson was a pure puncher. His skills and power and technique at his prime were God like !!!!! No one could beat Tyson in his prime. No one

Ali lost to bumb@$$ Larry flubber Holmes

Not a chance in hell!!!!!!! Tyson was a natural...man I’m not even going to start this convo

Watched a fight the other night with a middle weight named Gennady Golovkin , GGG. This guy is is definitely the middle weight version of Tyson. 39 fights, 34 KO, 4 decision and 1 draw with 0 losses.

Reactions: nynole1
Watched a fight the other night with a middle weight named Gennady Golovkin , GGG. This guy is is definitely the middle weight version of Tyson. 39 fights, 34 KO, 4 decision and 1 draw with 0 losses.
I like triple G but he’s no Tyson. Some dudes that had a little Tyson in them

1. Zab Judah
2. David Tua
3. Jeff Lacey

Ali lost to bumb@$$ Larry flubber Holmes
How old was Ali when that happened ... plus Holmes was 100000000000 times the fighter that Flubbier Buster Douglas was, and that was in Tyson’s prime. C’mon man show me one legitimate boxing source that rates Tyson better than Ali as heavyweight champion ... they are all pretty consistent naming Ali, followed by Joe Louis and Marciano.

Tyson also lost to Kevin McBride (a club fighter with a record of 33 wins, four losses and one draw. Before meeting Tyson, McBride had been knocked out four times, most ignominiously by English journeyman Michael Murray, who lost 17 of his final 18 fights before retiring in 2001. His sole victory during that stretch was his knockout of McBride.) and was knocked out by Danny Williams .... WHO?

Really man, the more you put out the worse your argument gets

How old was Ali when that happened ... plus Holmes was 100000000000 times the fighter that Flubbier Buster Douglas was, and that was in Tyson’s prime. C’mon man show me one legitimate boxing source that rates Tyson better than Ali as heavyweight champion ... they are all pretty consistent naming Ali, followed by Joe Louis and Marciano.

Tyson also lost to Kevin McBride (a club fighter with a record of 33 wins, four losses and one draw. Before meeting Tyson, McBride had been knocked out four times, most ignominiously by English journeyman Michael Murray, who lost 17 of his final 18 fights before retiring in 2001. His sole victory during that stretch was his knockout of McBride.) and was knocked out by Danny Williams .... WHO?

Have you watched all of Tyson’s fights??

Tyson was just a thrower, that in his early prime was maybe 4th best of all time. He’s squrely behind Ali, Foreman and Frazier IMO....

Reactions: miawisenole
Not to mention Tyson was pretty much smaller than all of his opponents

You guys needs to watch Tyson when he wore the white trunks.

The one thing that I will concede is that Ali did have better heavyweights during his time.

ADVERTISEMENT