ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan Freeman, MeToo'd

This one makes me sad..
http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/morgan-freeman-accused-of-sexually-harassing-eight-women.html

Have been a huge fan of his work. I continue to navigate my own thoughts on how to view the work of those who have done lousy/awful things. I presume that will be an individual process and decision for each of us.
f7FdEdG.jpg

Hasn't he had allegations since 2009 on affair with his step-grand daughter as well?
Could be, I wasn't aware.
Nothing surprises me anymore.

Don't think I'll be able to watch his films without having that in the back of my mind.

Such is the way of the world.

This is certainly developing a predictable cookie-cutter pattern, isn’t it?:

1. Women emerge from the woodwork to complain about things that supposedly happened 5-40 years ago;

2. Accuser denies any conscious wrongdoing, but apologizes just in case anyone was offended, or misconstrued whatever he supposedly said or did.

Would love to attend the crisis management seminar where the “response formula” is trotted out for the agents and publicists.

Gotta touch all bases: admit nothing, but still appear sensitive and politically correct. And on the off-chance you actually did something, it was really just a misunderstanding. I thought you said I could touch that????

“You are ripe” and “I wish I was there”

Reading it in his voice almost makes it sound acceptable

Reactions: peezy28
“You are ripe” and “I wish I was there”

Reading it in his voice almost makes it sound acceptable
You’d be surprised how “I wish I was there” was spun, it’s even more acceptable being that the accuser actually thought the comment was in relation to her. Total reach on her behalf...

There are real victims out here. At least in this case, she isn’t one of them. Hopefully, she doesn’t water down proceeding cases while trying to play a victim role.

Reactions: NoleinATL
This one makes me sad..
http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/morgan-freeman-accused-of-sexually-harassing-eight-women.html

Have been a huge fan of his work. I continue to navigate my own thoughts on how to view the work of those who have done lousy/awful things. I presume that will be an individual process and decision for each of us.
I agree. But so far, the allegations pale in comparison to his counterparts in the movie industry. Many were hands on (pun intended).

From what has come out so far, he flirted and some decided to take his flirtations as sexual harassment. At least with one accuser, we see that her main example of a Freeman harassment was a terrible one:

The author of the quoted work seems to be questioning herself, as the flirtation came from a Freeman and not someone such as a Chris Hemsworth. I’m glad I’m middle-class. If I ever made it big-time I guess we’d hear prior exploitation’s of me flirting in the way past.

But, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be alone — I’m taking all you prior flirters with me!

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I agree. But so far, the allegations pale in comparison to his counterparts in the movie industry. Many were hands on (pun intended).

From what has come out so far, he flirted and some decided to take his flirtations as sexual harassment. At least with one accuser, we see that her main example of a Freeman harassment was a terrible one:

The author of the quoted work seems to be questioning herself, as the flirtation came from a Freeman and not someone such as a Chris Hemsworth. I’m glad I’m middle-class. If I ever made it big-time I guess we’d hear prior exploitation’s of me flirting in the way past.

But, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be alone — I’m taking all you prior flirters with me!
Agreed that the severity of accusations against him have paled in severity to those against many other folks.

This is a world filled with shades of grey and different perspectives. I'm trying to factor that into how I perceive each of these cases.

You’d be surprised how “I wish I was there” was spun, it’s even more acceptable being that the accuser actually thought the comment was in relation to her. Total reach on her behalf...

There are real victims out here. At least in this case, she isn’t one of them. Hopefully, she doesn’t water down proceeding cases while trying to play a victim role.

She's clearly a fraud and giving real victims a bad name

Reactions: shakane

It was an unnecessary comment but hardly worth making a deal out of it.

Last edited:
Possible he was referencing Caine's statement that he had learned his lesson? Freeman wishes he'd learned his lesson as well?

That was exactly my thought as well.

No evidence of any of her other accusations except her "provided proof" is beyond flimsy completely undermining her position IMO. "They looked at him" ah, yeah, it isn't abnormal to look towards someone when they speak.

Sad to hear Freeman is getting pulled into the maelstrom as well as I like his work, but if he ACTUALLY did anything, then hope he gets what he deserves.

ADVERTISEMENT