ADVERTISEMENT

Natural allergy remedies?

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Anyone have a natural remedy for allergies they’ve had success with? I’ve taken every OTC and prescription drug known to man but still occasionally have allergies that are just miserable. There are an almost endless amount of “natural remedies” touted on Google but I’m sure most are worthless. Anyone have success with some of these?

Another thing about OTC meds. Try changing them up every season. The same one doesn’t always work multiple seasons in a row.

Another thing about OTC meds. Try changing them up every season. The same one doesn’t always work multiple seasons in a row.
Yeah I’ve had some success with that just so I don’t become immune to any of them.

Local honey works in many cases. Needs to be local though.
Just curious, why does it have to be local? If I live in Tallahassee, I can’t buy some honey online out of state and have the same effect? Again, just curious

Depends on what you're allergic to, honey won't help if you're reacting to grasses, trees, dust mites, molds or anything other than flower pollen. Studies have shown it doesn't help much at all unless you keep eating the honey long term (again, for flower pollen).
Have you had an allergy test? They prick your skin and drop concentrates on to see which ones you react most to. That can help you at least identify what it is you're reacting to.

But I do love honey, so I try it anyways - with my WalMart loratadine.

Depends on what you're allergic to, honey won't help if you're reacting to grasses, trees, dust mites, molds or anything other than flower pollen. Studies have shown it doesn't help much at all unless you keep eating the honey long term (again, for flower pollen).
Have you had an allergy test? They prick your skin and drop concentrates on to see which ones you react most to. That can help you at least identify what it is you're reacting to.

But I do love honey, so I try it anyways - with my WalMart loratadine.
Yeah I have. Always come back inconclusive. I have a long weird history of allergies/asthma that’s mostly controlled. I was just curious if the LR had some alternative things they’ve tried.

Reactions: dero316
ADVERTISEMENT