ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fan here

Nov 24, 2017
Dont give up guys. I know it sucks. First game. All the hype build up. All the high praise and press. Then thud.

It’s year one. It won’t get fixed overnight. Bonus side is, you only gave up 24 points while giving them 5 turnovers. That is one bright spot.

Offensively, not much to be proud of. But understand it’s a new system. Give it time. Do not let one loss defeat you. Your players were literally abandoned by Jimbo. That man promised nearly 100 kids he was going to look after them and take care of them and bailed.

Give Taggert a little time. Give him the benefit of a doubt. Hold tight and get behind those kids. Things will hopefully change soon.

On the bright side, at least you got to play a game. Win or lose I just wish I could see our new coach walk that sideline. See a new offense and defense. Just hang in there.

Good luck guys. I’m pulling for you.

Last edited:
Technically, Nebraska's game wasn't called because of the weather. Nebraska wanted to play the game on Sunday, but Akron had already checked out of their hotel, and couldn't find any vacancies for Saturday night, so they were like Nah...

Reactions: noleclone2
Technically, Nebraska's game wasn't called because of the weather. Nebraska wanted to play the game on Sunday, but Akron had already checked out of their hotel, and couldn't find any vacancies for Saturday night, so they were like Nah...
Tomayto tomahto.

My only concern with that game was just how poor our O-Line looked physically. They were just pushed all over the field or simply didn't even attempt to block. I don't care what scheme you're calling. If your O-Line isn't going to block you aren't going to move the ball consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT