ADVERTISEMENT

New Footie Thread - Sept 2019

seminoleed

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
Manch is back! And a fine performance by your lot.

Saw where Jose said City's B-side could win the Prem. Now there's one person I dont miss.

MODERATORS MESSAGE
The other thread had reached 34 pages and the thread could have some issues when it reaches that size

Miami

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Manch.
Manch is back! And a fine performance by your lot.

Saw where Jose said City's B-side could win the Prem. Now there's one person I dont miss.

Ya, that makes two of us! It was a decent win, United can't drop points early, especially to a top 6 club. I don't think that Chelsea will do well this year and blame it on the lack of transfers. Maybe Chelsea was looking ahead to Liverpool! Talk about B sides, that game will be nothing but B sides.

Reactions: seminoleed
Was Man U that good or Chelsea that bad? I remember before the match some Chelsea supporters hammering their defense.

Was Man U that good or Chelsea that bad? I remember before the match some Chelsea supporters hammering their defense.

That's my thought process, is Chelsea that bad? Bad game? Manager blows? Transfer ban hit them hard? Loss of Hazard and then letting Luiz walk? All of the above?

I hope United can hold form, especially against the lower teams, where they really stumbled last year.. The D should be better, but they are thin up top. Young legs, average age today was 24, I believe, and we all know that you can't win with kids, right?

Young legs, average age today was 24, I believe, and we all know that you can't win with kids, right?
NIyOU7j.jpg

Les, I get it. I was referring to 1995 when United had youngsters by the name of Nicky Butt, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham and a couple of Nevilles, and Alan Hansen said that "You can't win anything with kids", where as United went on to win the League and FA Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: LesClaypool
Helluva Super Cup...Both sides played very hard to win. On the one hand, I'm disappointed that Chelsea lost on penalties...But on the other I'm very happy that they played much better than they did in that abysmal effort last Sunday.

What I don't understand is why they have extra time for this match and don't just go straight to PKs. Both Pewl & my Blues are now going to be disadvantaged for their respective league contests this weekend.

What I don't understand is why they have extra time for this match and don't just go straight to PKs. Both Pewl & my Blues are now going to be disadvantaged for their respective league contests this weekend.

Both teams should have played their scrubs. Chelsea's performance makes me feel a little better about United's win on Sunday.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Last week they looked rusty; this week, they looked rather sluggish. But, I'm still waiting for that Arsenal explosion that screams, "We're REALLY back", but until then, I'll take 3 points every weekend.
COYG!

Next up, Anfield! How awesome would it be to knock off the Peasants this early in the season?

Reactions: LesClaypool
I thought Ceballos was electric. Like a Santi/Rambo/Cesc hybrid...I loved watching him play today!

Cebellos was excellent. And 2 big wins for Arsenal considering the run of fixtures they are about to have.

I was done with Berhalter with the way he screwed Josh Sargent. Typical BAU hire by the lords of US Soccer, pushing us farther behind the rest of the pack.

Reactions: fsUTampa
Then he brings him in...and still starts Zardes over him in a friendly that we all knew was more than a friendly. F'n play Sargent (and allow him to work with Pulisic). Now they can't, as Pulisic has already left to go back to Chelsea before the next USMNT match. What a waste of an opportunity. Same with Trapp vs any of a number of CM's that were wasted on the bench last night.

Well, Emery needs to go. These Arsenal players are spineless and sloppy, and he clearly isn't the type of manager to remedy that. Plus, I am sick of his stupid big-teethed expression on the side of the pitch.

My neighbor:Face with Tears of Joy across the street grew up in Birmingham in the shadow of Villa Park, and is a complete ultra. He saw me out in the yard this afternoon, glared at me and went back inside.

Reactions: nole31906

From within the article:
"As much as he was ready for the challenge at FIFA, he is also eager to get back to full management, whether at a club or a national team."

I wonder what he could do with the USMNT instead of Berhalter? I wouldn't mind seeing him give it a shot, as I don't believe Berhalter will be successful at all.

And win they did. Previous Arsenal sides would have folded like a house of cards when United scored first, but this lot showed the most spine I've seen the Gunners show at Old Trafford. Yes, there are still defensive issues, but I'll take a point from OT every day of the week. And VAR even got it right on our goal.

COYG!

And win they did. Previous Arsenal sides would have folded like a house of cards when United scored first, but this lot showed the most spine I've seen the Gunners show at Old Trafford. Yes, there are still defensive issues, but I'll take a point from OT every day of the week. And VAR even got it right on our goal.

COYG!
I don't disagree, but this is the weakest United side in a loooong time. It's hard to imagine we'll get many chances that good to beat them in their house.

Was at the Atlanta/New England playoff match today. There were several opportunities to look at VAR for certain things. None were. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT