ADVERTISEMENT

New Softball Roster

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Has anyone looked at the posted roster.??? Very Interesting. NO BB but Riggs is on it (must have come back from the portal) . Apparently we lost 8 last year to Grad or Portal (including BB). We have 9 on the roster who are listed as Seniors or Grad students. 4 are just listed as Seniors so maybe they could come back on the Covid thing (or maybe that is gone now). A possible 17 player change in 2 years ( I am sure we will not have a 27 player roster anymore like last year- now it is listed at 25) Not sure who did it but there is at least 1 mistake (Weisbrook stats were the same as Reid - Weisbrook is a SS not a Pitcher and she is from California not Oregon) PS- We apparently had 3 players make the FGCL All - Star game (Riggs - OF, Wacaser OF, Hartley INF)

Last edited:
Reactions: ranger43
Per Nee, Riggs is headed to Troy. Blankenship to South Carolina.

Per Nee, Riggs is headed to Troy. Blankenship to South Carolina.
Well Riggs was listed on the roster (and now has disappeared) but BB was not-- Good thing I printed it out or I would think I was seeing things. But the Pitcher error is still listed. Too bad about Riggs as she apparently was playing well as she had made the FGCL All Star game.

Last edited:
Reactions: FletchCC
I could never understand why Brooks Blankenship did not do better with the bat, she showed good reflexes in the field but her swing was always late. Good luck to her.

I could never understand why Brooks Blankenship did not do better with the bat, she showed good reflexes in the field but her swing was always late. Good luck to her.
She had a good summer but wanted to assure herself of PT (apparently). You can't hit unless you get AB's.

I want to know all about the new signees, highs chool and portal.

I want to know all about the new signees, highs chool and portal.
Both of the HS pitchers come in with solid Senior years in HS. They both moved up the rankings based on their performances. The Lefty should help if she is given a chance (you know Coacha likes redshirts) . Weisbrook (SS) will also help (she might have to )

She had a good summer but wanted to assure herself of PT (apparently). You can't hit unless you get AB's.
Both of the HS pitchers come in with solid Senior years in HS. They both moved up the rankings based on their performances. The Lefty should help if she is given a chance (you know Coacha likes redshirts) . Weisbrook (SS) will also help (she might have to )
When you say they will help I assume you have seen them play ?

When you say they will help I assume you have seen them play ?
Nothing live. You can Google Reid. She had some short clips on line as her team won state and she pitched great. That's the extent of it. Still- having a lefty will help in my mind. JMHO

Both Reid and Balk appear to be exactly what FSU needs...on paper. lol

2 dominate strikeout pitchers. If FSU wants to win another NC, they have to have those types of pitchers. Can't wait to see them develop!

Both Reid and Balk appear to be exactly what FSU needs...on paper. lol

2 dominate strikeout pitchers. If FSU wants to win another NC, they have to have those types of pitchers. Can't wait to see them develop!
With Danley supposedly coming next year and us recruiting and offering some High school (highly ranked) Juniors in about 2 weeks we might be headed in the right direction. Add a transfer here and there and we will be set (assuming the injury bug does not bite us on the derrière) :)

With Danley supposedly coming next year and us recruiting and offering some High school (highly ranked) Juniors in about 2 weeks we might be headed in the right direction. Add a transfer here and there and we will be set (assuming the injury bug does not bite us on the derrière) :)
I don't follow recruiting of any kind, so I'll trust you!!

Having umped for so long at the HS and college level, I just know that in order to be elite, you have to be able to dominate on the mound (Ks). I love Sandercock, but if she's your ace, you will not win a NC. At least I don't think you will. You will win a ton of games (see the last 3 years), but I don't see us winning the NC. She would be a GREAT #2 pitcher.

I love Lonni and the program/culture she's developed here. If they never win another one, but keep what they have, I'll be perfectly happy! I just think they can do better, and they are SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH!!!

Why did BB leave? I thought she was the next in line to be a great SS? Thanks

I don't follow recruiting of any kind, so I'll trust you!!

Having umped for so long at the HS and college level, I just know that in order to be elite, you have to be able to dominate on the mound (Ks). I love Sandercock, but if she's your ace, you will not win a NC. At least I don't think you will. You will win a ton of games (see the last 3 years), but I don't see us winning the NC. She would be a GREAT #2 pitcher.

I love Lonni and the program/culture she's developed here. If they never win another one, but keep what they have, I'll be perfectly happy! I just think they can do better, and they are SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH!!!
If Royalty can contribute like her credentials (and Leonard and DuBois provide good back up help) we will be OK

Why did BB leave? I thought she was the next in line to be a great SS? Thanks
The assumption is she went into the portal (and went to South Carolina- I think) because she did not want to waste another year without starter AB's. We have Weisbrook coming in who may fill that role.

Reactions: spreadman
I have only seen clips but in those and on paper she looks like a great pick up
Extra Inning Softball reporting that M. Herzog, in forgoing her 5th year of eligibility, will not return to TA&M. Coach Snider moving on as well. I wonder if Herzog is following Coach Snider or if she is hanging it up for good?

Kinda wish he were here again!
Why. He left us (supposedly for for family reasons) and took one our best pitchers with him. He was OK there as a hitting coach (and I say OK because most years without Herzog hitting most of the others were no great shakes). I like who we have now especially with the additions of Rafter and Cooper (a big get in my mind) .

A little help . Who is Danley ? Where is she from - stats/ honors ?

A little help . Who is Danley ? Where is she from - stats/ honors ?
Huntland junior Ashtyn Danley has been named the Gatorade Tennessee softball player of the year.

The Gatorade Player of the Year is based on athletic and academic performance as well as exemplary character shown on and off the field. Danley is now a finalist for Gatorade's national player of the year award, which will be announced later this month.

Danley, a Florida State commitment, is the first Gatorade Player of the Year to be chosen from Huntland. She led the Lady Hornets to a 25-7 record as they made a run to the Class 1A championship game.
She went 22-4 with a 0.41 ERA and 217 strikeouts in 154⅔ innings. Danley was also the Lady Hornets' best batter with a .659 average, three triples, 14 doubles, 15 home runs, 36 runs and 45 RBIs.

Extra Inning Softball has Danley ranked as the No. 7 prospect in the Class of 2023.

Danley has a 4.0 GPA, is a member of Huntland's Beta Club and has volunteered locally on behalf of a softball program for children with disabilities.

I might add that whole commitment list for 2023 is really really good. :)

Do they already have their class for next year?
They have to sign in November. They have 4 commits that I know of currently (Ashlyn Danley P/DP-Angelee Bueno 1B/3B-Kennedy Harp OF-Jaysoni Beachum 3B) and they all are very highly thought of. Beachum is a real bomber. There may be others I am unaware of. Starting September they can start having conversations with the 2024's and there are several there we are looking at. Next few months will really tell us how our future will look. JMHO

I like the sound of the Danley kid. If she translates to college, that allows us to hide a weak hitting field player.
Her pitching stats are good, but are not 'blow you away' against high school players. JMHO

Townole, Do you know if we are after Jasmine Francik out of Melbourne?
Jasmine Francik, So., Melbourne
Class of 2024 ace has been pitching for the Bulldogs since she was in seventh grade. Her sophomore year was sensational as she went 19-1 with a 0.16 ERA and guided her team to a 6A state championship.
Those are HS stats that are "blow you away".

She is only #81 on Extra innings softball. I would think someone who won a 6A state title in Florida with a 0.16 era would be more highly rated, but I don't admittedly know much about HS softball players and rankings.
She's a 24 kid.

I like the sound of the Danley kid. If she translates to college, that allows us to hide a weak hitting field player.
Her pitching stats are good, but are not 'blow you away' against high school players. JMHO
She is rated in the top 10 for a reason. She continually just gets people out. Good attribute to have. As always we will see.

Townole, Do you know if we are after Jasmine Francik out of Melbourne?
Jasmine Francik, So., Melbourne
Class of 2024 ace has been pitching for the Bulldogs since she was in seventh grade. Her sophomore year was sensational as she went 19-1 with a 0.16 ERA and guided her team to a 6A state championship.
Those are HS stats that are "blow you away".
Not the only top rated pitcher we have had at camp. As you know we can not officially offer or have conversation until 9-1. I believe we will offer her and at least one other who is a blow you away type. Next couple of months is big in my mind. We will see if we offer and she commits.

Reactions: c691027
She is only #81 on Extra innings softball. I would think someone who won a 6A state title in Florida with a 0.16 era would be more highly rated, but I don't admittedly know much about HS softball players and rankings.
She's a 24 kid.
Not a fan of EI. She is the real deal ( I have seen her pitch) and we have at least one more we are after. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT