ADVERTISEMENT

Nigel Bradham contract/Richard Sherman

Nolomite

All-American
Jun 19, 2003
How much of the $40 mil in his new contract will find its way back to Crawfordville.

He plays a highly unsung position (strong side OLB in a 4-3 alignment) so it's a nice surprise to see him finally cash in. I remember him showing up with an NFL-ready body as an 18 y/o freshman, but he never did have many hero moments with the Noles.

Nice seeing those uniforms and all those Noles from a few years ago.
Lamarcus, Telvin, Cam playing defense, Jeff Luc!, Christian Jones, EDawk
During that stretch, they were flippin as good as any teams I have ever seen. In the words of William Floyd, “Bar None.”

Last edited:
That was one of the best (and clean) hits I’ve ever seen. The announcers said almost immediately it was a bs call. These days with review that would have been overturned. He didn’t launch, didn’t lead with his helmet and didn’t make forceable contact with the receivers head.

Why should any of the $40 million get back to Crawfordville? The total value of the contract is $40 million over five years. He is 28 years old and will not see the full five years on the deal and will pay a ton of taxes and agent fees. Hopefully he takes the money and saves it for himself so he reaps the rewards of what he put his body through.

Why should any of the $40 million get back to Crawfordville? The total value of the contract is $40 million over five years. He is 28 years old and will not see the full five years on the deal and will pay a ton of taxes and agent fees. Hopefully he takes the money and saves it for himself so he reaps the rewards of what he put his body through.

Much of that money is going to the District, and it ain’t the District of Crawfordville.

He might....

- Donate football shoes to his high school's program
- Buy his momma a bigger house, or a new car, etc.
- Sponsor a Crawfish & Crab festival
- etc. Myriad ways to improve the community that spawned him.

These sorts of things happen all the time...

There is no reason it “ should” get back to Wakulla, but some folks I know say Nigel is at heart a local. He will likely do some things around home to help his community.
Nothing says he has to, but time will tell. Money can change folks...

Damn refs did everything they could that day to try to give Miami the win. If not for all the BS calls, the Noles would have blown them out of Doak. Because of the refs that game was much closer than it ever should have been.

Damn refs did everything they could that day to try to give Miami the win. If not for all the BS calls, the Noles would have blown them out of Doak. Because of the refs that game was much closer than it ever should have been.

Never seen Doak as angry as it was that day.

03.jpg

The Noles were angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Reactions: maddog69

The key question is how much of the money is guaranteed? I have not seen any reports on that, but I am sure it isn’t anywhere close to the full deal. I’ll guess 3 years, or roughly $24MM. Roughly half of that will go to taxes, agent fees and other deducts, so he is down to roughly $12MM in-hand. He will spend a lot of that, I assume, as all young men tend to do. So what is the net/net remainder? Not sure, but it is a hell of a lot less than many people think.

He “should” still be more than fine for the rest of his life. But it is not such a shocking amount of money that it cannot be pissed away. I hope he is smart, conservative, and well-counseled, and I wish him all of the best.

Richard Sherman rips Nigel Bradham's contract

On Wednesday in California, cornerback Richard Sherman defended his self-negotiated contract with the 49ers.

And in the process, he pointed out that Nigel Bradham's new contract isn't great.

Sherman said it was a misconception that his three-year deal with the Niners is a bad deal (here are all the details of his contract). But Sherman said he was even more frustrated with people who bashed his deal but never do the same for bad deals negotiated by agents. And then he cited one as an example, although he forgot Bradham's name in the process.

"The kid from Philly, Brenem or something, it's a one-year, $6 million deal," Sherman said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/richard-sherman-rips-nigel-bradhams-133548789.html

There is a video, but it's just Sherman saying the same stuff the article quotes.

Damn refs seem to do everything they can to try to give all of our ACC oppenents the wins. I'm a big time conspiracy guy, but damn, some of the crap they do is just blatant...

ADVERTISEMENT