ADVERTISEMENT

No Hope for Solo

SoddyNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 9, 2009
Apparently there is a wide gap between expenses/expectations and audience approval. They are gagging at this rotten tomato with a score of 54%.

bottomround4.jpg

I wonder how much of that is fanboys who thumbs-down everything star wars- related that isn't the original, original trilogy?

What about those of us that thumbs down the original trilogy too? JK...Empire Strikes Back is pretty good.

I've never been a Star Wars guy, and I was THE prime age when the original trilogy came out. Still, I catch them all eventually, some in the theater, I've been lured into these new ones by the great reviews but I'm just not getting it.

Force Awakens had some fun moments that I enjoyed a little bit but overall didn't think too highly of it, but left feeling warmly toward it. Tried watching Rogue One and couldn't stay awake, and people loved that one. I thought the Last Jedi was pretty bad overall, but I did enjoy the climax. I think maybe I just have to acknowledge these aren't for me. I keep thinking that I can go into a comic book movie that I know nothing about and am not invested in the characters and still enjoy it a lot, so why not these, but it just doesn't work.

This Solo one doesn't look remotely appealing to me. Doesn't look like anything people would be compelled to see without the Han Solo named stamped on it.

Went last night. Definitely not as hyped as other opening night Star Wars movies.

I enjoyed the back story but thought the storyline was just ok....someone else should of played woodie’s part.

My son and his friend and I liked it as did the crowd I was with. Very different then others though. No Jedi stuff.

Tried watching Rogue One and couldn't stay awake, and people loved that one.

The last 40 minutes are very entertaining. It's like Hoth meets Normandy with a space battle happening the whole time. And then it's capped with a few minutes of Vader being what I always expected Vader to be.

All the movies are free on Comcast except the latest release, and firing up a New Hope i thought it amusing the Rebel officer tries to pass the crew off as a being on diplomatic mission to Vader when they're in a vessel that just left a raging space battle...

Reactions: cmanole
Just saw it. Good, not great. Don't need to see it again though. Surprising it was as good as it was given the (assumed) drama surrounding it's making

Just saw it. Good, not great. Don't need to see it again though. Surprising it was as good as it was given the (assumed) drama surrounding it's making

Felt the same way. Not an epic movie but entertaining enough. There have been better and worse Star Wars movies.

Just finished catching it at the Challenger Museum’s IMAX and it was....meh. Not as terrible as the prequels and Holiday Special, but not as good as the other post Lucas movies. I’d give it a C- or a 2 out of 5. Definitely the worst movie I’ve seen recently as the last few movies I’ve seen were Avengers Infinity Wars, Black Panther, Deadpool 2 and the Jumanji reboot.

Saw it today as well. Enjoyed it for what it was.

Darth Maul, wtf?

Saw it today as well. Enjoyed it for what it was.

Darth Maul, wtf?

He’s been around in the canon tv series, both Clone Wars and Rebels. And this is definitely during a period in which he is alive. He was cut in half by Obi Wan but light sabers instantly cauterize the wound and Luke proved Force users can survive long falls.

Just finished catching it at the Challenger Museum’s IMAX and it was....meh. Not as terrible as the prequels and Holiday Special, but not as good as the other post Lucas movies. I’d give it a C- or a 2 out of 5. Definitely the worst movie I’ve seen recently as the last few movies I’ve seen were Avengers Infinity Wars, Black Panther, Deadpool 2 and the Jumanji reboot.
I thought it was much better than the last Star Wars. That to me is is the worst of the post Lucas films.

Saw it with the family and we all liked it. I thought it was fun and it made me realize that I'm not really a Star Wars fan but just a Han Solo fan. I've liked any movie that character is in, and haven't really enjoyed any movie that character is not in. Plus I thought Donald Glover was great as Lando.

Saw it with the family and we all liked it. I thought it was fun and it made me realize that I'm not really a Star Wars fan but just a Han Solo fan. I've liked any movie that character is in, and haven't really enjoyed any movie that character is not in. Plus I thought Donald Glover was great as Lando.

Donald Glover was the best thing about the entire movie.

Glover was great. Played Lando perfectly.

Glover was great. Played Lando perfectly.

He mimicked the pace and inflection of Billy Dee Williams' speaking style so well at the outset.
My wife, who doesn't know diddly about the Star Wars universe, enjoyed the movie.

I agree with this guy, a standalone Lando movie featuring Glover and Williams is fertile ground.

I think some of the dislike might be due to how it differs from the previous 9 movies in that Solo has a much more linear plot of a stand alone adventure of consequences of a small scale. There are no Jedis, no the Empire vs Rebels, and no grandiose plot with the fate of the galaxy riding on outcome. To me, I found all of that refreshing.

I think some of the dislike might be due to how it differs from the previous 9 movies in that Solo has a much more linear plot of a stand alone adventure of consequences of a small scale. There are no Jedis, no the Empire vs Rebels, and no grandiose plot with the fate of the galaxy riding on outcome. To me, I found all of that refreshing.

Ehh, they kinda went that way with the Enfys Nest plot twist (thought they were calling them Infant's Nest the whole movie...) at the end. I guess that was to establish Han as Chaotic Good.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Is this a spoiler thread? I want to talk about the damn movie.
You know if I start one it will just be merged into this one.
You're right. Normally I try to merge repetitive threads. But, go ahead and start a separate one. Make sure you include "spoilers" in the title. See. I'm not always an ass.

ADVERTISEMENT