ADVERTISEMENT

Not FSU related but can’t miss TV

10thSFGNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2007
Juwan Howard punches Wisky assistant coach after Michigan gets beat in basketball.

The timeout they are referring to was Wisconsin took a TO with 15 seconds left, having a 15 point lead.

Obv just sour apples from Howard but you have to think this will cost him his job.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: luvthenoles
He tried to walk past the other coach and the coach basically stopped him like, no you're going talk to me now. That's what it looks like to me. I'm not trying to excuse the punch because he is a coach and a role model. However that should be taken into consideration before firing him.

Reactions: Sawyer55
He tried to walk past the other coach and the coach basically stopped him like, no you're going talk to me now. That's what it looks like to me. I'm not trying to excuse the punch because he is a coach and a role model. However that should be taken into consideration before firing him.
That’s what I saw

Reactions: MoeRon
Why? We can’t have college coaches acting like street hoodlums. It’s not like it was a self-defense situation, and there was AMPLE time to simply walk away.

Can't do that. I'd be surprised if he isn't fired. At least suspended for a while.

Woody Hayes was fired in 1978 for slugging a Clemson player on the sideline during a Gator Bowl game. He had been the HC for 28 years and delivered 5 National Championships and was fired the next day after the university president and the AD met. There was no investigation, there was no committee formed to look into it, there was no suspension without pay. Like this incident, it played out on national television and the coach's behavior was indefensible on every level. Gonna be interesting to see how differently this will be handled 44 years later.

Wisconsin coach put in back-ups (assuming some out of rotation guys). Michigan was pressing them, down 15 with a minute or so left. Wisconsin couldn’t get to half court under 10 seconds so the coach called a timeout. Howard got all butthurt that they called a timeout with such a lead, but if you’re pressing with the game out of reach like that, a timeout is more than fair.

Wisconsin coach put in back-ups (assuming some out of rotation guys). Michigan was pressing them, down 15 with a minute or so left. Wisconsin couldn’t get to half court under 10 seconds so the coach called a timeout. Howard got all butthurt that they called a timeout with such a lead, but if you’re pressing with the game out of reach like that, a timeout is more than fair.
Exactly. No reason to press at that point and if you do and do it effectively the other team may need to call a timeout. All fair and no reason to get bent over it.

Exactly. No reason to press at that point and if you do and do it effectively the other team may need to call a timeout. All fair and no reason to get bent over it.
The two head coaches apparently have a history. If Howard was pissed he should use it to motivate his team. Howard handled it about as poorly as one could. I imagine he will at least sit out for a while.

Reactions: Wahdatah80
Woody Hayes was fired in 1978 for slugging a Clemson player on the sideline during a Gator Bowl game. He had been the HC for 28 years and delivered 5 National Championships and was fired the next day after the university president and the AD met. There was no investigation, there was no committee formed to look into it, there was no suspension without pay. Like this incident, it played out on national television and the coach's behavior was indefensible on every level. Gonna be interesting to see how differently this will be handled 44 years later.
Woody Hayes had some previous incidents and allegedly had been warned by OSU's AD prior to the season that any further incidents would be the end of him as OSU's Head Coach. Hayes also refused to apologize.

Last edited:
Im not making excuses for him, but for the record it was a slap. Watch in slow motion. He slapped the side of his face and then closed his fist. Not sure if a slap gets punished less than a punch though.

Reactions: IraBroffel
Im not making excuses for him, but for the record it was a slap. Watch in slow motion. He slapped the side of his face and then closed his fist. Not sure if a slap gets punished less than a punch though.
Howard says some hit or grabbed him first. Either way he is going to get dinged.

This incident also has some Michigan players throwing punches after Howard did. And this isn't the first issue with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT