ADVERTISEMENT

Now Cat 4 Michael

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
It looks like we're not done with the tropical weather yet. Right now it's forcast to give Panama City a good washing. What are you thinking @ChimpNole ?

Could you delete
I got you by three minutes! :D I just merged your post into here.
Our titles though, that’s pretty funny. I just heard about this potential storm last night, time to get the chainsaws sharpened.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Well, crap. I'm set to be at a music festival in Live Oak this weekend. Hope it blows through early.
Don't think you'll have too much to worry about unless some of those live oaks become dead ones earlier in the week and get in the way of the festivities.

Oh how lovely we have this *@#*$#***SHT to look forward to. WTH can we not get our fall weather cool down any earlier. Summers are unrelenting ….had to vent sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m starting to get an Opal like feeling about Michael. Started in the same area (a little east) in the same time of year.

Prayers for the people in Tallahassee and the panhandle. I hope they get the resources needed immediately to get back on their feet.

It's being forecasted as a CAT 2 w/ 100mph winds.

*You know why I deleted your last post. Keep it up and you won't be posting anymore.
michaelcone.5pm100718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming right at me. Hope it hits and takes all of that privately owned South Walton beach sand.

Here's the deal -

Classically privately owned land area lost to erosion, as demarcated by mean high tide, reverts to public ownership. But that is not true in the case of lands lost by avulsion or sudden typically storm related erosion in which case private ownership is retained over the now, but probably not forever, underwater lands.

It seems to me that with climate change and sea level rise avulsion is the new erosion. As "private" beach or waterfront development gets washed away from either routine erosion or routine storm related erosion, the water area properly goes to the public.

In this context the converse should hold too; any lands added by accretion should be considered avulsional, less likely to naturally recur, and not automatically owned by the adjacent property.

Walton County would be perfect lead; it's not like local beach issues have not reached both the Florida and US Supreme Courts.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: billanole
Hurricane watch from Bama border to Suwannee river. I am a bit concerned this will intensify more than originally predicted. It already has been nudged to likely Cat 2 when originally most models had it a 1 by landfall. That has been the pattern these last few years. He is almost a cane now at 70 mph and is not even in the gulf.

Also, crazy how Tally has one hit from a hurricane in 40 years (Kate in 85) and we are looking at our third one in three years.

Reactions: noleone99
Last two HRWF runs have this making CAT 4. This is scary situation with very little notice time and it intensifying much faster than predicted. Hopefully shear or dry air can keep it suppressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT