ADVERTISEMENT

Official World Series Thread

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
The Fall Classic starts tonight in Boston. Who do you want to win and why? Who do you think will win?

I want and believe Boston will win. They have been the best team in baseball all season. They have eliminated two 100 win teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

My Dodgers hate goes all the way back to when they and the Braves were in the NL West.

My dad was born & raised in Boston; he's 87 and has been a lifelong RedSox fan - something he handed down to his children, and his children have passed down to theirs. So I'm kinda pulling for the Sox.

Like any Sox fan, I will always have a spot in my heart for the Dodgers manager, Dave Roberts, whose stolen base & subsequent dash home from 2nd to tie it in the bottom of the 9th launched the epic comeback against the damnyankees in 2004 - the top moment in my life as a sports fan.

I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan. My dad would take me to games as a kid as far back as I can remember. When my son began showing an interest in baseball I tacked on a trip to Fenway to our annual summer vacation. In 2013 we weren't able to make it up there due to my business being too busy and some family things. At the end of the summer he mentioned that we didn't get to go (he was 8 at the time). I promised him if the Sox make the WS I'd take him. Well, that was an expensive promise. I bought 3 tickets to game 1. It is one of my favorite moments of my life, sitting there with my dad and son at a World Series game.

I hope the Sox win. It's usually hard to tell how teams will do against each other unless they played an inter-league series. Both teams have great pitching and both teams have great lineups. Boston seems to be having more fun and playing more loose than LA. That may be the difference maker.

Mets fan here so in rooting Boston for three reasons: Fenway is far and away my favorite stadium in any sport, I've been a Boston fan since I saw then crying in the dugout in the '86 WS, and because I hate the Yankees.
I think they will win if their bullpen holds up.

Also, I despise LA as a city.

Reactions: hatsbo
Looking forward to tonights match up. Kershaw vs Sale is what you want in the WS.

I want the Dodgers to win. Never really liked
the Red Sox. Nothing I can put my finger on just never cared for them and conversly I have fond memories of those very good 80’s Dodgers teams managed by Lasorda, so I am rooting for the Dodgers.

I think the Sox win in 5. They have been best team by a good margin this year.

Hoping for a good series would love to see a repeat of last year

Reactions: FSU_UCLA
Lived on the North Shore as a kid, our neighborhood gang would take the Blue Line into Boston and buy .75 cent bleacher tickets. Yaz, Tony C., Jim Lonborg, Rico Petrocelli, the Boomer, you get the picture...Should be a good series, great era to be a Boston sports fan!

Reactions: goldmom
Was a Braves and Red Sox fan growing up. Over the last 13 years or so I've basically entirely disconnected from the sport.

I like LA and have a lot of friends who are Dodger fans - but I suppose I'll stick w/ my east coast ties and say Go Sox.

Just pock the caa, and get some chowda before the game..... Sox in Six! Come and get you some Mookie... ;)

I'm fine either way. I was a Dodgers fan growing up because of my dad. His fandom goes back to the Brooklyn days. There have been a couple great Noles to play in Boston.

I want the series to go the full 7. More baseball!

I grew up a Red Sox fan due to Boston parents and they are my second favorite team after being converted into a Cubs fan in the late 90s by my then future wife.. Go Sox!

I don't like either team but I like the Dodgers least since they have been a PITA for the Rockies forever. I will root for Kershaw to do well in his starts because a like him a lot but other than that I hope they get it handed to them.

I grew Dodgers fan. Bakersfield is only 100 miles from Chavez Ravine and my aunt used to take me to games in the summer time after spending the day fishing off the Manhattan Beach pier--such good times. For a long time the Dodgers A league team was in Bakersfield. A couple of kids I knew were the bat boys in the summer, we'd sneak in to see big league pitchers on rehab assignments. Therefore, if not the Astros, then I want the Dodgers to win.

The Fall Classic starts tonight in Boston. Who do you want to win and why? Who do you think will win?

I want and believe Boston will win. They have been the best team in baseball all season. They have eliminated two 100 win teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

My Dodgers hate goes all the way back to when they and the Braves were in the NL West.

Having grown up as a Braves fan, I share your ingrained disdain for the Dodgers.

As a Yankee-hater, I've always liked the Red Sox. Add in the numerous FSU connections, and Boston is an easy rooting choice for me.

All that said, L.A.'s now certain to prevail. ;)

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The Red Sox have been the best team all season, no reason to stop now.

The only time I ever routed for the Dodger was when they played the Yankees in 77. 78 and 81.

I have a long dislike for their fans that goes back to 91, when I, my wife at the time, a friend (fellow Noles fan) and his wife were verbally abused for 9 innings while sitting in the LF bleachers at a Braves game in LA on the Braves way to winning the NL West.

Having grown up as a Braves fan, I share your ingrained disdain for the Dodgers.

As a Yankee-hater, I've always liked the Red Sox. Add in the numerous FSU connections, and Boston is an easy rooting choice for me.

All that said, L.A.'s now certain to prevail. ;)
We'll soon find out if the Liz curse crosses over to other sports.

I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan after going to a number of Dodgers-Braves growing up in SC. I always loved Lasorda and the the players from those teams in the 80s. My love for them really grew in '91 when they were in the pennant race with the Braves and all of the closet Braves fans came from no where to tell you they "loved the Braves forever." I felt many of them had probably not really watched Braves game in their life.

On as side note, I also hated the Braves for stealing our Warchant and so many of their fans telling me that FSU stole it from Atlanta. I still cannot understand why an FSU fan would pull for the Braves for that reason alone.

Braves fan that originally was a Yankees fan as I lived in NJ from the ripe ages of 2-12. I hate both teams. Almost equally, well not really I hate Boston more. Pulling for the dodgers but can't win either way.

You sound like a wicked Pissah-
I'm all in for the Sox!
So wicked I was banned from all Halloween related activities for much of my formidable youth. And some of those mothers even named a play after me.....:eek:
Ben Braddock

I'm wearing my Red Sox jersey purchased at Fenway off Yawkey.
I actually touched and signed the left field foul pole where Fisk aka Pudge hit the '75 dinger over the Monsta. I've never been the same....Fenway? Check. Wrigley? Check. Yankee Stadium? Check. I'm now prepared to die a happy man! I think.... Well, sort of. ;) Got a cuz with season tickets at Pesky Pole.... Beea Here!
GO SAWX!!!!

Reactions: hatsbo and goldmom
Yankees fan here, so I would rather see the Series cancelled than either of these teams win.

With that said, I will be cheering on the Dodgers. Anything to keep the Sox from winning.
However, I don't see a way the Dodgers win. I think Boston wins in 5 with their only loss coming in game 2 when Price is on the mound.

Yankees fan here, so I would rather see the Series cancelled than either of these teams win.

With that said, I will be cheering on the Dodgers. Anything to keep the Sox from winning.
However, I don't see a way the Dodgers win. I think Boston wins in 5 with their only loss coming in game 2 when Price is on the mound.
See, and I thought the Dodgers are the new Yankees of the NL.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan. My dad would take me to games as a kid as far back as I can remember. When my son began showing an interest in baseball I tacked on a trip to Fenway to our annual summer vacation. In 2013 we weren't able to make it up there due to my business being too busy and some family things. At the end of the summer he mentioned that we didn't get to go (he was 8 at the time). I promised him if the Sox make the WS I'd take him. Well, that was an expensive promise. I bought 3 tickets to game 1. It is one of my favorite moments of my life, sitting there with my dad and son at a World Series game.

I hope the Sox win. It's usually hard to tell how teams will do against each other unless they played an inter-league series. Both teams have great pitching and both teams have great lineups. Boston seems to be having more fun and playing more loose than LA. That may be the difference maker.
What a great memory! Three generations! Priceless! :D

I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan after going to a number of Dodgers-Braves growing up in SC. I always loved Lasorda and the the players from those teams in the 80s. My love for them really grew in '91 when they were in the pennant race with the Braves and all of the closet Braves fans came from no where to tell you they "loved the Braves forever." I felt many of them had probably not really watched Braves game in their life.

On as side note, I also hated the Braves for stealing our Warchant and so many of their fans telling me that FSU stole it from Atlanta. I still cannot understand why an FSU fan would pull for the Braves for that reason alone.
I'm just proud our chant went to Hotlanta and KC!

Kershaw has really really fallen off. Fastball 90-91 makes things really tough. I feel like as recently as last year he was 94-95.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT