ADVERTISEMENT

OK my weather folks... (Subtropical storm Alberto)

Jax = rain everyday for over a week and weather guys say this coming weekend may see several inches of precip, 35 mph winds and some street flooding. On top of rain every day this week.

At least we're not having a bad fire season.

My Memorial Day beach excursion is now in jeopardy. The forecast for the weekend does not look promising. I guess I can still hole up in the condo and drink heavily, but I can also do that at the Estate. Need to check the invitation list to see who wifey is bringing in. Oh, the rigors of it all......

It's feast or famine. For the past month all I talked about was how much we needed the rain. Now that it's here, I'm sick and tired of it.
Catch 22 for sure, drought/wildfires/dead grass or flooding/downed trees/lightning/power outages. :(:eek:

My Memorial Day beach excursion is now in jeopardy. The forecast for the weekend does not look promising. I guess I can still hole up in the condo and drink heavily, but I can also do that at the Estate. Need to check the invitation list to see who wifey is bringing in. Oh, the rigors of it all......
Best rainproof that ascot, my friend.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
No, let's go crazy and talk about the weather AND the government. I'm feeling wild. You in?:confused:o_O

Chemtrails! Govt seeds the skies to make it rain their chemicals on us.

DQmSKBpnYTuNZqf1ZqujthyZeSZL8772dzzay3Sh2YVswXU.png

Reactions: NoleLizards
It has rained for 9 days in a row and counting. Have seen the sun pop out only for a few minutes a couple of times, then it goes back to gray and cloudy. Old fogies up in the Villages have had a couple sinkholes open up. In other news, a couple of old fogies up in the Villages have had a couple of sinkholes open up.

I laid sod 3 weeks ago when it was 98 degrees and nothing but sun. My new grass appreciates the clouds and water.

Adulting is so much fun.

I’m in exact opposite situation. New pool just completed. Haven’t been able to get sod for 2 weeks because they don’t cut the sod when it’s soaked. Meanwhile my sons birthday pool party is planned for Sunday.

I laid sod 3 weeks ago when it was 98 degrees and nothing but sun. My new grass appreciates the clouds and water.

Adulting is so much fun.

Life is funny. When you are a kid, you are in an on-fire hurry to grow up so “you can do whatever you want.” Then you become an adult and frequently reflect on the wonders of being a kid, when everything was handled for you. Basically, the grass always seems greener somewhere else.

Last edited:

Yeah, we have a trip to AMI planned for the weekend. On the bright side, since I won't need to pack sunscreen I'll have room for an extra bottle of tequila. o_O

Models show the disturbance becoming either tropical or subtropical as it moves toward the northern Gulf coast into this weekend. Heavy rainfall is the main concern at time.

And yes, TWC will hype it for all its worth. That's just the way it works.
Looks like Alberto's headed toward Mississippi/Alabama for Monday morning landfall.

Reactions: noleone99
I hope it comes in further east. I live in Gulfport, MS and prefer not to have a tropical or subtropical storm make landfall anywhere near here.

I somehow managed to find 5 pallets from one of the only nursery getting sod right now. So the backyard is good to go.

ADVERTISEMENT