ADVERTISEMENT

OK what stock do you buy tomorrow am... Looking to buy value/growth stocks

I don’t know but I was reading the Dow could possibly get as low as 13,800 or worse. I’m holding off a bit.
Me too, those are two stocks I will buy at a "bargain". dont think it will go that low but around 17,000 or 18,000

I sold 90% of my stocks a week ago. The market's going to go lower.
This! Why do people always try and catch a falling knife? SMH.... A better plan, and this is NOT financial advice :~) is to wait until it bottoms and start buying AFTER it goes up 10% or so... so you are fairly certain that WAS the bottom. The average bear market is somewhere around 15 months and IMO we have a lot further down to go (there will be rallies, of course, I'm talking over the length of the bear market). Never try and catch the top OR bottom 10% of a move and you will make a LOT more that way AND reduce your stress level. Of course IF you have a REALLY good magic 8 ball then go ahead and listen to it! :~) :~)

Reactions: bigN! and OBX Nole
I bought HD and LOW a little early but will add tomorrow. What stocks do you want to buy at a bargain? Thanks
I know this doesn't apply to most (if any) of you but I will sit on the slightly less than 800 shares of Publix stock I still have. I retired at the end of august last year and took distribution of part and left those shares in my account. In the two evaluations since it has gone up $4.80 per share. I am waiting for the next eval. to decide what to do with it. I cannot by rule return to work until after the 1 yr separation date of July 25 which I intend to. Then I will be able to purchase more after I accrue 1000 hours of service time. I have heard strong rumors for years of a split of 5 to 1 after it reaches $50 per share. The next evaluation will be April 30 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: bigN!
This! Why do people always try and catch a falling knife? SMH.... A better plan, and this is NOT financial advice :~) is to wait until it bottoms and start buying AFTER it goes up 10% or so... so you are fairly certain that WAS the bottom. The average bear market is somewhere around 15 months and IMO we have a lot further down to go (there will be rallies, of course, I'm talking over the length of the bear market). Never try and catch the top OR bottom 10% of a move and you will make a LOT more that way AND reduce your stress level. Of course IF you have a REALLY good magic 8 ball then go ahead and listen to it! :~) :~)
Good advice! Do you have a rule on when to sell once the market begins to go up after your purchase of shares 10% up from bottom? Thanks

Airlines and cruise businesses. No way the gov't let's those giant industries kick the bucket.

Most "experts" are saying this is a bear market with a V shaped recovery. But I do like the wait for 10% idea.

Most "experts" are saying this is a bear market with a V shaped recovery. But I do like the wait for 10% idea.
Lets hope it is V shaped and not an U or L return. It's like a 2,000 move up gets a 3,000 pt down over a couple of days we are down 30% peak to trough as of today.

I like V shapes. Very appealing to me! Let that growth spurt hit about at 10% and then its time to attack and take no prisoners.

Good advice! Do you have a rule on when to sell once the market begins to go up after your purchase of shares 10% up from bottom? Thanks
Yes, I do. I use the moving averages, 50 and 200 day. When a stock goes below the 50 day moving average I seriously consider selling it based on what the 'big picture' is, and I always sell it when it goes below the 200 day moving average. Or I sell a stock if there is a material change in the company's prospects for the worse. And sometimes I sell a stock if it's gone nowhere for a long time and I have a better use for the $$. But that's just me, this is NOT financial advice so please do your own research on these things. Most people simply cannot understand that if you do not sell at a profit you will usually end up selling at a loss. Why is this? It's called 'reversion to the mean,' check it out. Good luck!

Reactions: OBX Nole
Yes, I do. I use the moving averages, 50 and 200 day. When a stock goes below the 50 day moving average I seriously consider selling it based on what the 'big picture' is, and I always sell it when it goes below the 200 day moving average. Or I sell a stock if there is a material change in the company's prospects for the worse. And sometimes I sell a stock if it's gone nowhere for a long time and I have a better use for the $$. But that's just me, this is NOT financial advice so please do your own research on these things. Most people simply cannot understand that if you do not sell at a profit you will usually end up selling at a loss. Why is this? It's called 'reversion to the mean,' check it out. Good luck!
I appreciate your knowledge!! What do you think of LOW and HD charts? Thanks

Futures halted for limit down....

Folks, I posted something in the 401K thread. I’de seriously recommend reading it....

I appreciate your knowledge!! What do you think of LOW and HD charts? Thanks
Have they bottomed and then gone up 10% yet? :~) That's what I think of ANY stock at this point. The credit markets are in a world of hurt (thanks to all the BBB companies borrowing money at damn near zero rates) and this sheetstorm could get MUCH worse IMO. The Fed will end up buying EVERYTHING to avoid a depression and will most likely fail and/or cause hyperinflation, of course we could always mint a couple of trillion-dollar coins like a certain member of Congress suggested. OMG we are SO forked! In other words... the chickens have come home to roost since NOTHING was fixed after the 2008 clusterf##@ and debt has gone up HUGELY since
then. :~(

It appears that like 2008 the dominoes have started to fall. The means to mitigate the financial disaster do not seem to stalling the fall either. The fed cut the rate to zero and the bail out package was DOA. Even if it was passed it is only a temporary measure unless money can be made and flowing freely again.

If people cannot work they cannot spend. The U.S. is predominantly service based and when the services stop everything stops. It feels like everything is going to get much worse before it gets better.

Does anyone have a subscription to Moody's? If so, how is the velocity of currency looking?

Does anyone know how the production of cardboard is going because that is a BIG indicator of consumer consumption?

Also, food for thought. Once the restrictions are lifted what is the contingency for another wave of this stuff if it gets tied in with more flu spread?

If you like trading or high risk stuff all the blood testing companies that are getting fast tracked(Hopefully) are fun bets. If you like to Gamble. TOMDF, AMBS, and that group...Lots of others as well.

Have they bottomed and then gone up 10% yet? :~) That's what I think of ANY stock at this point. The credit markets are in a world of hurt (thanks to all the BBB companies borrowing money at damn near zero rates) and this sheetstorm could get MUCH worse IMO. The Fed will end up buying EVERYTHING to avoid a depression and will most likely fail and/or cause hyperinflation, of course we could always mint a couple of trillion-dollar coins like a certain member of Congress suggested. OMG we are SO forked! In other words... the chickens have come home to roost since NOTHING was fixed after the 2008 clusterf##@ and debt has gone up HUGELY since
then. :~(
Ok I am scared to buy hoping for a re-test of Monday's low or close to it even though we are up over 18 - 40% on my favorite stocks. What do you think you buying or selling?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT