ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Theory Fitness

I haven't seen a bunch of people posting incessantly on Facebook about how dedicated they are to it, so it must not be any good. GO CROSSFIT!!!!

They opened one near me when I was in Denver. The local news covered the grand opening, and there were a bunch of "in shape to walk/jog" people that were trying to sprint on treadmills while the trainers were goading them on.

There was a big screen in the front of the gym that posted everyone's heart rate, and I swore someone was going to have a heart attack. Picture 55 year old slightly flabby women hitting 170 beats per minute, with the trainer pushing them to keep it up.

I went to pick up lunch at a sub shop near there the next day and saw a fire truck pull up and a couple paramedics rush in.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't think it's a bad "theory" as it pertains to exercise. Not my thing but it's pretty popular in Tampa.

My wife is at one right now. She loves it and apparently its tough as hell. I believe one of Michal Jordans former teammates from Chicago is the instructor. Its just a change up from the normal routine is all.

Originally posted by Thirty...tyfour:

My wife is at one right now. She loves it and apparently its tough as hell. I believe one of Michal Jordans former teammates from Chicago is the instructor. Its just a change up from the normal routine is all.

Pics

Originally posted by Thirtyeight2thirtyfour:

Bill Cartwright or Luc Longley?

Reactions: canoli
Originally posted by cfbfan23:

Will Perdue.

Originally posted by DanC78:
Originally posted by Thirty...tyfour:

Pics
nba_jordan_19.jpg

Originally posted by PoopandBoogers:

Will Perdue.
Jokim Noah...

Rodman?

Originally posted by Gonolz:
Originally posted by seminole1992:

Anyone tried this or are doing this? What do you think?
For those of us who have no idea what this is, could someone provide a summary?
Basically jazzercise on roids. It's group cardio class in which they try to get you to maintain your heart rate at a certain level in the "orange" zone. Great intro for sedentary people looking to get started. Not much emphasis on strength I don't think

The former Bulls player name is Abdul. Don't know his last name.
Jabbar?

ADVERTISEMENT