ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Magic

jgking83

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2007
What are your expectations for this team?

They were just 25-57 last year, but they look a lot better (other than the 120-88 egg they laid at home against Charlotte). A 1-point loss in Philly followed by a 3-point win in Boston last night (Jonathan Isaac with a career high 18 points and 12 rebounds) indicates that they aren't going to be the pushovers they were last season. They actually have 9 players back from last year's roster, and have only added 2 rookies (including Mo Bamba, the #6 pick from Texas) and a couple of veterans (Jerian Grant and Jarell Martin), but they also brought in a new coaching staff, as they fired Frank Vogel after 2 seasons and replaced him with Charlotte Hornet castoff Steve Clifford, who previously served as an assistant coach for the Magic under Stan Van Gundy.

Yeah, I agree they look improved and they will continue to improve while learning how to win in the league. I really like Isaac and think he's the centerpiece to build around. He's still very young and not physically mature, so I think they're still building for the future. Wouldn't be shocked if they snuck into the playoffs, but I don't expect that.

How likely is that they'll trade their veterans with value to continue building for the future? I could see Vuc, Gordon, Fournier, and Ross being traded at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT