ADVERTISEMENT

Osceola63

SeaPA

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 17, 2002
Some of you know he and I go way back, having been good friends since grade school. He's a semi-regular in here, as well as the football board; I believe some of you have met him at various functions through the years. Sadly, Lou passed away earlier today from a pulmonary embolism.
Lou has been one of my closest friends for 40+ years. He was a great guy who enjoyed life to its fullest. He was a huge FSU fan, despite not having attended FSU (he's a USF alum).
Lou leaves behind a loving wife, two adult sons, and a stepson who he loved and treated as his own.
What a week of suck this has been. Excuse me while I go cry for a bit.

Some of you know he and I go way back, having been good friends since grade school. He's a semi-regular in here, as well as the football board; I believe some of you have met him at various functions through the years. Sadly, Lou passed away earlier today from a pulmonary embolism.
Lou has been one of my closest friends for 40+ years. He was a great guy who enjoyed life to its fullest. He was a huge FSU fan, despite not having attended FSU (he's a USF alum).
Lou leaves behind a loving wife, two adult sons, and a stepson who he loved and treated as his own.
What a week of suck this has been. Excuse me while I go cry for a bit.
Tough news. Best wishes to his family and friends. We cannot turn back the clock or slow down our aging. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Reactions: Nolomite and RTM58
Damn Sea. Just saw this. Thoughts and prayers with you all. Godspeed 063...

Reactions: Nolomite
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Thoughts for you and his family and friends. RIP Lou. Hope you are breaking out the good tequila tonight and that in addition to drowning the sorrow for the loss, you also toast the good life that he lived.

Thanks all for the thoughts. Spent the evening doing what he'd have done if the roles were changed. This Irishman spent the evening with another close friend - a German - toasting our dago buddy with a combination of tequila, whiskey, and beers from various countries. See you on the other side my friend

Wow. I'm speechless. I would consider him to be a regular on here. I'm so sorry.

A friend of ours - in her 40s - passed away unexpectedly from the same condition last week. She still had school age children.

Positive vibes to you and all the rest of his friends and family. When reading his posts I've often thought that it seemed as though he was living a great second act.

DAMMIT. He's one of the good guys. I met him many years ago at a Spring Game, back before they made a big deal out of it. A wonderful man, and a solid voice of reason. One helluva Nole.

RIP Lou.

Was thinking you'd probably met him; I know he'd gotten to be good friends with Eastside years back & think he'd also gotten to know Gene fairly well.

Reactions: cmanole
ADVERTISEMENT