ADVERTISEMENT

Panama City Lodging

finendandy2

Seminole Insider
Sep 21, 2005
Any recommendations on where to stay in the vicinity of Panama City Apr 12-14? Our son is competing in the FL State High School Weight Lifting Championship at Arnold High School. Trying to avoid paying $300 a night for a room. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Any recommendations on where to stay in the vicinity of Panama City Apr 12-14? Our son is competing in the FL State High School Weight Lifting Championship at Arnold High School. Trying to avoid paying $300 a night for a room. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
If you are Military or ex Military stay at Tyndall AGB lodging. $75 a night. Good eats and 15 minutes to the Miracle Mile. Private beach. F-22 flying overhead. Occasional Blue Angels practicing along the coast. BX & Food Court.

If you are Military or ex Military stay at Tyndall AGB lodging. $75 a night. Good eats and 15 minutes to the Miracle Mile. Private beach. F-22 flying overhead. Occasional Blue Angels practicing along the coast. BX & Food Court.
Retired Army here. I looked at Tyndall online but no vacancy. Great recommendation though, thank you.

How many people ?

Reactions: finendandy2
Panama City is still reeling from Hurricane Michael. Tyndall AFB was wiped out so I’m not surprised there isn’t anything there. You won’t find anything in Panama City. You’ll have to look to PCB, which is more accommodating anyways. I’d book early as spring break is underway and accommodations are already limited due to storm damage.

Try 1 hour from Tyndall to Arnold, traffic is insane in PC after storm.

Good luck finding anything on PCB. After the hurricane it's been packed with displaced people from PC. Spring break is non existent now due to the new no alcohol on the beaches law which ended this past weekend.

Good luck finding anything on PCB. After the hurricane it's been packed with displaced people from PC. Spring break is non existent now due to the new no alcohol on the beaches law which ended this past weekend.

Thats wrong, just look at Hotels.com and VRBO.com for his dates. Theres not much housing for long term people displaced by storm but plenty for visitors. Spring break is perfect now, lots of families, not much college spring break. It wasn't so much the college kids but the hundred milers as our sheriff called them. People that came here to sell drugs, up to no good and prey on the college kids. Theres so many people moving here now we dont need any questionable tourists

Odd, I had no problem finding a place on the beach (will be down tomorrow) for less than $150 a night...

There are no f-22's here now. There is no Tyndall right now.

Like Jam said. Spring Break ends the 1st week of April. Hotels will be dropping prices to accommodate the short slow period between early April into mid May. Should have no problem finding a place. Laketown has decent rooms (Very big) and usually at a good price.

I haven't asked around but a lot of times these condos require multi day reservations.

Air BNB is a good option too.

I will say this I know for a fact that people are jacking up house (rental) prices on the beach to make money off the displaced residents in town. My old neighbor did it.

Anyways, good luck to your son. I lifted in the state meet (Div II) my Soph-Senior year when I lived in PC. However our state meet was in Deland.

Like Jam said. Spring Break ends the 1st week of April. Hotels will be dropping prices to accommodate the short slow period between early April into mid May. Should have no problem finding a place. Laketown has decent rooms (Very big) and usually at a good price.

I haven't asked around but a lot of times these condos require multi day reservations.

I will say this I know for a fact that people are jacking up house (rental) prices on the beach to make money off the displaced residents in town. My old neighbor did it.

Anyways, good luck to your son. I lifted in the state meet (Div II) my Soph-Senior year when I lived in PC. However our state meet was in Deland.
Thank you. Will say PC is a much better destination than Deland for the State meet. He is also in Class 2A (St Augustine HS)

Reactions: DroneController
Head west to
There are no f-22's here now. There is no Tyndall right now.
You'd be surprised. Base Commander says they will spend 2 Billion and build the base of the future. Base Housing will have units complete by December. The Sand Dollar Inn is funtional and booked. Heritage Park is being repaired. Training has resumed.

Reactions: Seminolejon78

Hotels and condos are very reasonable, they are just not giving deals on long term rentals. $150 beach front sounds like a great deal, 30 x $150 =$4,500 not so good for a month

Head west to

You'd be surprised. Base Commander says they will spend 2 Billion and build the base of the future. Base Housing will have units complete by December. The Sand Dollar Inn is funtional and booked. Heritage Park is being repaired. Training has resumed.
This is all very true. However the F-22's are not coming back. They are being replaced by F-35's. 35's are supposed to be about 3 years away. They are moving forward which is good. They were the largest employer in Bay county. A potential hurdle is there are several members of congress who do not want the base rebuilt. One of them is from California. Funding runs out 5/1. That is the number one hiccup.

I had one kid qualify for state. Hotel I got last year is sold out. Found a place on hotels.com. Hate that the meet is in Panama City again. Awful drive for most of the state.

If you don’t need to stay on water you should be ok. If this was next year I’d let you use the place we’re building over by Jam but we haven’t even finished plans yet as of now.

Thank you for all the suggestions. We booked 3 nights at the Calypso. So next question....any recommendations where to eat? Looking for good food, not necessarily 5 * dining. Where do the locals go?

Thank you for all the suggestions. We booked 3 nights at the Calypso. So next question....any recommendations where to eat? Looking for good food, not necessarily 5 * dining. Where do the locals go?

Dustys-best oysters and pub fare, Firefly-amazing- go early for specials. Tuesday night-$5 any martinis all day, Shan Kishi-good sushi. Go to Cuvee 30A, get there at 5 for happy hour, 5:15 bar will be full. Happy hour at Craft bar north Pier Park, $6 apps, try Nashville hot chicken and mac and cheese for a $12 dinner, also great drink specials, thank me later. Email me if you want to ask questions jwarren@admin.fsu.edu I will give you my number

Shades is good. Drive into town to Los Antojitos, great spin on Mexican, nice atmosphere on a pond

Dustys-best oysters and pub fare, Firefly-amazing- go early for specials. Tuesday night-$5 any martinis all day, Shan Kishi-good sushi. Go to Cuvee 30A, get there at 5 for happy hour, 5:15 bar will be full. Happy hour at Craft bar north Pier Park, $6 apps, try Nashville hot chicken and mac and cheese for a $12 dinner, also great drink specials, thank me later. Email me if you want to ask questions jwarren@admin.fsu.edu I will give you my number

Shades is good. Drive into town to Los Antojitos, great spin on Mexican, nice atmosphere on a pond

I second the Craft bar food - we've always had good meals and the Happy hour food prices are very reasonable.

James is "Captain's table" still open in St. Andrews?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT