ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Business Pensacola St. mass shooting

Heard someone started shooting into a crowd. 10 people shot including the shooter.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Arrested 3

One dead, eight injured in Tallahassee shooting

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - The Tallahassee Police Department is investigating an overnight shooting on West Pensacola Street, that ended with one man dead and eight others injured. It happened outside of the Half-Time Liquor store near the intersection of Pensacola Street and Ausley Drive just before midnight.

TPD confirmed at a press conference that injuries range from minor to serious.

Dozens of gunshots can be heard in a video shared with WCTV on Sunday. The clip captures people screaming and running as the incident unfolded.

TPD Chief Lawrence Revell confirmed in a Sunday morning press conference that three suspects have been arrested. One of the three suspects was shot from behind, according to the chief. Revell said two police officers who were already on the scene conducting crowd control, saw the suspect running from the scene in the direction of a nearby McDonald’s.

Chief Revell said in part “two officers pursed the arm subject, gave verbal commands for him to stop and drop the weapon and subsequently shot the subject in attempt to stop the threat and prevent further individuals from being victimized.”

Gee whiz...this is close to campus. How sad. Hope they got the crazy bastard.

My daughter said they closed the other clubs early because of this. And, take it FWIW, there is a supposed "serial killer" as well in tallahassee. They have not had a press release on this because they dont have a description on the perp and they dont know his/her exact MO.

I know, I know. But a guy in a frat, where she hangs out all the time, is interning with the FSU PD and told her she is not allowed to walk home alone anymore and told her the above. So now the pledges are walking her home.

• Wow
Reactions: DFSNOLE
My daughter said they closed the other clubs early because of this. And, take it FWIW, there is a supposed "serial killer" as well in tallahassee. They have not had a press release on this because they dont have a description on the perp and they dont know his/her exact MO.

I know, I know. But a guy in a frat, where she hangs out all the time, is interning with the FSU PD and told her she is not allowed to walk home alone anymore and told her the above. So now the pledges are walking her home.
Mayim Bialik Lol GIF by ABC Network

ADVERTISEMENT