ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Offseason Thread

For those of you who believe in such things, please pray for @seminoleed, @Bill From Tampa, and anyone else and their families in the path of Ian.

Poor Ed couldn't have picked a worse time to move to Cape Coral. 😮

Ain't it the truth? We've moved in with our friends here who have a generator and propane tank for when the power goes off. Wind is really picking up now.

On the bright side, I am now a master of instaling hurricane shutters in the rain!

Ain't it the truth? We've moved in with our friends here who have a generator and propane tank for when the power goes off. Wind is really picking up now.

On the bright side, I am now a master of instaling hurricane shutters in the rain!
Hang in there, buddy... Hope you're out of the storm surge area.

Keep posting so we know you're alright.
Yeah, Ed, let us know. BTF and others, too...had started a new job recently and haven't been watching or following much news. Saw a bit this morning on Ian and his movement. Praying y'all will be safe.

Side note for you - people here in ATL are thinking that they'd better stock up on things. Sometimes I just scratch my head at that.

For those of you who believe in such things, please pray for @seminoleed, @Bill From Tampa, and anyone else and their families in the path of Ian.

😢😢 It’s not a ton better here in Lakewood Ranch.
Freaking 90+ MPH !

124 in Punta Gorda …😥

😢😢 It’s not a ton better here in Lakewood Ranch.
Freaking 90+ MPH !

124 in Punta Gorda …😥

Damn, hope everything is as good as can be expected, post when you can so we know you are good

Reactions: NoleLizards
We’re all good ! Scary as hell !! I took some video clips on my phone. I’m pretty pathetic when it comes to technology. But I’ll try to post it.
Gonna be a real long day tomorrow in the agency ! 🥵 I have some policyholders down in North Port and Naples.
I have tried to reach them. But there’s no cell service down there. Guys, pray for these folks. This is the ugliest event in my 40 years in the insurance business.
I hope Ed is okay. That’s like ground zero. The destruction is unbelievable.

We’re all good ! Scary as hell !! I took some video clips on my phone. I’m pretty pathetic when it comes to technology. But I’ll try to post it.
Gonna be a real long day tomorrow in the agency ! 🥵 I have some policyholders down in North Port and Naples.
I have tried to reach them. But there’s no cell service down there. Guys, pray for these folks. This is the ugliest event in my 40 years in the insurance business.
I hope Ed is okay. That’s like ground zero. The destruction is unbelievable.

glad you and your family are ok, can't imagine riding that storm out. The pictures and videos getting posted are scary.

If you want I can post the videos for you, just send them to my email ( sent you a direct message) and I can upload

Last edited:

Thanks for the thought, We were very, very, VERY fortunate and had no issues. Although we have some property farther south closer to Ian's path that we do not know yet what kind of shape it is in. But nothing we can't handle.

The people of Ft Myers and Naples have it far worse. Sorry to hear Ed was living in Cape Coral.

Thanks for the thought, We were very, very, VERY fortunate and had no issues. Although we have some property farther south closer to Ian's path that we do not know yet what kind of shape it is in. But nothing we can't handle.

The people of Ft Myers and Naples have it far worse. Sorry to hear Ed was living in Cape Coral.

Glad to hear you and the family made it through safe Bill, that was a scary storm and really put people in a bad spot when it turned further south.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Here are some pics and videos of @fsukenny riding out the storm and enjoying a BC tailgate--#5 in is Ken's son.

IMG-4464.jpg

IMG-4461.jpg

IMG-4486.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thankful to hear you all are alright down there. Was Ed the last we needed to check in, or are we still waiting on others?

Reactions: NoleinATL
Made it down to the property yesterday. It was not looking good as we drove down the road and saw many homes either completely destroyed or with serious damage. Few had no damage at all. We turned the corner on our road and saw our place miraculously still standing. Yes there was roof damage that we will have to deal with. But the contents are still in perfect shape. But compared to places surrounding us we fared very well.

It will be a while before we get power and even longer I am sure in getting the place fixed. But we were really spared. Other people in the area were not so fortunate.

The good news is everyone I contacted who lives in the areas that were seriously hit tell me they did OK and are just fine.

Made it down to the property yesterday. It was not looking good as we drove down the road and saw many homes either completely destroyed or with serious damage. Few had no damage at all. We turned the corner on our road and saw our place miraculously still standing. Yes there was roof damage that we will have to deal with. But the contents are still in perfect shape. But compared to places surrounding us we fared very well.

It will be a while before we get power and even longer I am sure in getting the place fixed. But we were really spared. Other people in the area were not so fortunate.

The good news is everyone I contacted who lives in the areas that were seriously hit tell me they did OK and are just fine.
Glad to hear it. Just don't get scammed by any unscrupulous contractors. They're drawn to hurricane aftermaths like gatros to a jhorts sale.

Ol' Ed is alive and kicking; we still don't have power yet, but there are crews all around us now so I reckon it's imminent. Other than some minor issues on both our houses, which I'm sure won't exceed the deductible 🤬 , we're in good shape. I've seen so much horror around here the last few days, I feel blessed.

I didn't miss a tournament, did I? If so, did my picks from the President's Cup do well? :D

Here's my weekend picks:

Spieth
Spieth
Spieth and
Spieth. Seems to be the only time I can do this as 1) the Tourney's not on our PGSF schedule; 2) CFB is on hiatus, or at least FSU is off; and D) its the CJ CUP! I am at a swim meet all weekend, but I am going to watch me some G-O-L-F on Thursday and Friday for sure.

Sorry to be wound-up about it. Hope Ed and BFT and other South Florida Noles on here are doing better. Hoping you're well and thinking/praying of the recovery for you guys.

I'm doing fine; thanks for thinking of us down here.

I"m one of the lucky ones--some minor roof repairs and miscellaneous screens, etc. If you could see most of the places down here, you'd understand how '"fine" means "great".

Can't wait for the season to start so I can see how well the "The System" works!

Here's my weekend picks:

Spieth
Spieth
Spieth and
Spieth. Seems to be the only time I can do this as 1) the Tourney's not on our PGSF schedule; 2) CFB is on hiatus, or at least FSU is off; and D) its the CJ CUP! I am at a swim meet all weekend, but I am going to watch me some G-O-L-F on Thursday and Friday for sure.

Sorry to be wound-up about it. Hope Ed and BFT and other South Florida Noles on here are doing better. Hoping you're well and thinking/praying of the recovery for you guys.
Have the claim filed. We head back=k down there Sunday to meet the insurance inspector.

The one thing that is weird is that FEMA denied our request for disaster assistance funds. Not sure why at this point. The neighbor received it with no problems.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT