ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 22 The Memorial Tournament

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Day847W-RyanYoung.jpg

• World No.3 Jason Day returns to his adopted hometown to win in front of friends and wife's family. (Ryan Young/PGA TOUR)

• FIELD: See who's playing this week.

• COURSE: Muirfield Village Golf Club, 7,392 yards, par 72. Envisioned by Jack Nicklaus as a stage to both honor golf’s history and showcase its current talent, Muirfield Village opened in 1974 and has become a not only a favorite PGA TOUR stop but an occasional venue for bigger events. Now in its fourth decade as Memorial host, Jack’s Place also is the only locale to host all three of U.S. pro golf’s team match-play showcases – Ryder Cup (1987), Solheim Cup (1998) and Presidents Cup (2013). The U.S. Amateur also paid a visit in 1992. With constant fine-tuning by Nicklaus and his design team, Muirfield Village consistently has ranked among America’s top 20 courses and the world’s top 50.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation, which serves as primary supporter of Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Additional donations spread across Central Ohio include James Cancer Hospital, Fore Hope and The First Tee of Central Ohio.

• FIELD WATCH: FedExCup leader Dustin Johnson and World No.3 Jason Day, who makes Columbus his adopted hometown, highlight a lineup that features seven of the top 10 in the rankings and 18 of the top 30. … No.2 Rory McIlroy had committed, but withdrew after a flareup of the rib injury that sidelined him earlier this year. … Jon Rahm, winner of the Nicklaus Award just a year ago as the top golfer in NCAA Division I, now tees it up at No.12 in the world rankings. … Peter Uihlein, the 2010 U.S. Amateur champion who plies his trade on the European Tour, will tee it up on U.S. soil for the third time this year. … Reigning U.S. Amateur champion Curtis Luck also will tee it up.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 268, Tom Lehman (1994).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 61, John Huston (2nd round, 1996).

• LAST YEAR: William McGirt made his first PGA TOUR victory one to remember, going bogey-free for his final 22 holes at Muirfield Village to outlast Jon Curran on the second hole of a playoff. McGirt parred his final four holes to secure victory, all in nail-biting fashion. The South Carolina pro saved par from a bunker at No.17 and two-putted from 65 feet to get into the playoff, then found himself in a deep bunker on the first extra hole. He used the slope behind the hole to get up and down, then played a superb flop shot on the second replay to par again. Curran’s approach on the second extra hole flew into the gallery above the hole, and his pitch ran well past the flagstick for a decisive bogey. McGirt’s victory came in his 165th career PGA TOUR start.

• STORYLINES: Johnson, who missed last year’s playoff by a stroke, hopes Muirfield Village will restore the edge that led to three straight wins before a slip-and-fall accident that forced him out of the Masters. His past two starts have been 12th at THE PLAYERS and 13th at the AT&T Byron Nelson. … Day seeks again to win his first in front of friends and wife Ellie’s family, or at least his first top-25 at Muirfield Village. Last year’s share of 27th matched his best at Jack’s Place, though he does arrive off a playoff loss at the AT&T Byron Nelson. … Olympic gold medalist Justin Rose, Russell Knox and Uihlein are among 10 players coming to Muirfield Village following this week’s BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.

• SHORT CHIPS: Greg Norman, who topped the PGA TOUR in earnings three times while winning two British Open crowns and 89 other tournaments worldwide, is this year’s Memorial honoree. Wednesday’s ceremony also will recognize Jerry Tarde, now in his 30th year as Golf Digest’s top editor. … Six of the Memorial’s past 13 champions have been international players. Before that, just three of the first 27 came from outside the United States. … Just one man has ever won back-to-back Memorial titles: Tiger Woods, who claimed three straight from 1999-2001. ... Just 12 months after his playoff loss, Curran wasn't able to crack this year's lineup.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 2:30-6:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, noon-2 p.m. (GC), 2:30-6 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (featured groups), 3:30-6:30 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 8:15 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, noon-7 p.m. ET; Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com)

The PGSF arrives at Jacks house for what is always a good tournament. With the recent passing of Arnie, it is a reminder for golf fans to take in these tournaments, greats of the game will not always be around and getting to see them at their tournament is always special , so don't miss the golf this weekend

Bobcat still leading the way with another solid week, with DFS and BFT lurking

leader%20thru%20colonial%202017_zps3geibcjk.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

LOL; lo how the mighty have fallen. Tiger busted for DUI and hardly anyone has even
heard about it. Meanwhile...

Jason Day
Rickie Fowler
Dustin Johnson
Adam Scott

So.......I see Spieth is off to the races the week I don't pick him. :mad:

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Quality opening round by DJ. I think he was coming from playing golf in LA too.

I was a little reticent about picking him for this tournament. He has done OK on that course, but I wasn't sure he had his overall game back together after that accident at the Masters.

Last week when I pick Dufner, he goes +5 in round 1. This week when I don't pick Dufner, he's at the top of the leaderboard. My picks are rigged against me!

Last week when I pick Dufner, he goes +5 in round 1. This week when I don't pick Dufner, he's at the top of the leaderboard. My picks are rigged against me!

You and I are in almost the same boat on that one. I picked him once this season. He bombed. This week ....... o_O

It's appropriate this tournament is called the Memorial because any chances I had at making a bit of a comeback in the standings could be dead after this weekend. I guess Justin Rose decided not to play this weekend. I don't see his name on the scoreboard, but I can't find any news stories about him withdrawing either. Oh well....

It's appropriate this tournament is called the Memorial because any chances I had at making a bit of a comeback in the standings could be dead after this weekend. I guess Justin Rose decided not to play this weekend. I don't see his name on the scoreboard, but I can't find any news stories about him withdrawing either. Oh well....

He decided to go play Erin Hills versus playing the Memorial...surprising all the fields had him playing

from rotowire on the 29th...this sure didnt get much mention prior to them teeing it up

May 29, 2017 Justin Rose News Update

▼ More

RotoWire Fantasy Analysis

+ Add To Watchlist

Rose will not play in the Memorial Tournament, instead using the time to prepare for the US Open in mid-June, Damon Hack of the Golf Channel reports.

http://www.rotowire.com/golf/player.htm?id=128.

He decided to go play Erin Hills versus playing the Memorial...surprising all the fields had him playing

from rotowire on the 29th...this sure didnt get much mention prior to them teeing it up

May 29, 2017 Justin Rose News Update

▼ More

RotoWire Fantasy Analysis

+ Add To Watchlist

Rose will not play in the Memorial Tournament, instead using the time to prepare for the US Open in mid-June, Damon Hack of the Golf Channel reports.

http://www.rotowire.com/golf/player.htm?id=128.

:rolleyes:

Thanks.

You don't see pros hit shots like what Justin Thomas just did. You see players like me hit a shot like that.

Mickelson to miss US Open to attend daughters graduation

Amanda Mickelson, president of her class at Pacific Ridge High School in Carlsbad, Calif., will deliver a speech at her commencement, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Pacific Time on June 15, which happens to be the first day of the U.S. Open. Her father said it’s simply a life moment that he refuses to miss.
http://golfweek.com/2017/06/03/phil...miss-u-s-open-to-attend-daughters-graduation/

And there's the weather delay we come to expect at this tournament. Interesting the tournament stops play just after the FSU baseball game resumes after their weather delay.

back on the course finally, so we will get a finish today..Dufner in the clubhouse at -13

Dufner goes out and captures nice win today at memorial. Not much insight from the tournament , I was busy watching an exhausting baseball game ( Nice win Noles, lets win two today) Here is one interesting tidbit, only 2nd ever Ohioan to win tournament.

In the PGSF, ktNole with the rollover pick of Dufner goes on to capture another victory.
congratulations ktnole

Memorial%202017%20winner_zpsjfm8zntm.png

will post updated leader board shortly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT