Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 25 The Travelers Championship

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • travelersfl-1694-benjared.jpg

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Every shot from epic 8-hole playoff at Travelers Championship​

Five of the top six in the FedExCup standings will tee it up at the Travelers Championship, led by No.1 Scottie Scheffler.
Harris English returns to defend his title from 2021, which he won in an eight-hole playoff over Kramer Hickok.
FIELD NOTES: English is back in action after making the cut at the U.S. Open. He was on the shelf from January until the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday as he recovered from hip surgery… Scottie Scheffler, who contended at the U.S. Open at The Country Club, will look to extend his substantial lead in the FedExCup and Official World Golf Ranking… Sam Burns, ranked second in the FedExCup, is also set to tee it up… Others in the field include 2022 PGA Championship winner Justin Thomas, last season’s FedExCup champion Patrick Cantlay, and Rory McIlroy, who is playing his fourth week in a row on TOUR… Cantlay shot a 60 at TPC River Highlands in 2011 as an amateur… Jordan Spieth, who won the Travelers in 2017, was a late entry Friday afternoon… University of Texas standout Cole Hammer will make his TOUR debut as a professional… Other young stars at the Travelers will include Ben James, Michael Thorbjornsen, and Haskins Award winner Chris Gotterup. James, of Milford, Connecticut, is the top-ranked junior in the country, while Chris Gotterup won the Haskins Award as the top player in college golf this year. Gotterup, now a professional, made the cut at the U.S. Open… Others in the field include four-time major winner Brooks Koepka, Rickie Fowler, Xander Schauffele and U.S. Open gate-crasher Joel Dahmen.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: TPC River Highlands, par 70, 6,852 yards. One of the TOUR’s shortest courses yields low scores but still presents a tricky challenge to the game’s best. This marks the 70th anniversary of the Travelers Championship, with TPC River Highlands being a TOUR venue for 39 years. Bobby Weed was the last architect to work on an upgrade of the Connecticut course with TOUR players Howard Twitty and Roger Matlbie as consultants. The key stretch comes as golfers play around a four-acre lake on Nos. 15-17. TPC River Highlands was where Jim Furyk fired the TOUR’s lowest round, a 58 in 2016.
STORYLINES: This is the first year since before the COVID-19 pandemic that the Travelers will have full attendance… There is plenty of firepower in the field at TPC River Highlands, with six of the world’s top 10 teeing it up… The Travelers has a history of giving opportunities to the game’s bright young stars. This year is set to be no different with James, Thorbjornsen, Gotterup, and Hammer in the field. Past exemptions have gone to Sahith Theegala, John Pak, Collin Morikawa, Viktor Hovland and Cantlay, among others… Each champion at the Travelers since 2016 has played the U.S. Open the week prior. English finished third at Torrey Pines a year ago before winning at TPC River Highlands… The Travelers has gone into extra holes 25 times, with last year’s eight-hole playoff being the longest.
72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Kenny Perry (2009)
18-HOLE RECORD: 58, Jim Furyk (4th round, 2016).
LAST TIME: Harris English emerged from the second-longest playoff in TOUR history to claim the 2021 Travelers. After both English and Kramer Hickok birdied the 72nd hole in regulation the duo went back-and-forth for seven holes before English finally birdied the eighth extra hole from 5 feet. Hickok had missed a 36-footer just prior. It was English’s second win of the season. Hickok’s runner-up was his best career result on the PGA TOUR. Marc Leishman finished third.

HOW TO FOLLOW

Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6 p.m. (CBS)
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 12 p.m.–6 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)
For outside of the U.S., click here for GOLFTV powered by the PGA TOUR

PGA TOUR LIVE

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 6:45 a.m.-3 p.m.Main Feed: 6:45 a.m.-3 p.m.Main Feed: 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Main Feed: 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 8:15 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 8:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 7:15 a.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 7:15 a.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
• Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
• Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
• Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
• Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

Congrats again to last weeks winner @Nolerball

@DFSNOLE maintains overall season lead as we head to the Travelers

Leader-thru-US-Open-2022.png

Good luck to everyone this week

Last edited:
[IMG alt="fsukenny"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/floridastate/data/avatars/m/3/3096.jpg?1452017849[/IMG]

fsukenny

Ultimate Seminole Insider​

Today at 4:18 PMNew
Holy Crap ! What a field considering the week after a major. This is a big boy field !
Rory playing 3 weeks in a row ? Must want to be #1 in the world again. (And a course that fits his eye.) He is certainly trending towards # 1. Scheffler isn't going anywhere though.
My picks: 1. Guess who ? Yeah Rory
2. Yeah- Scheffler
3. Cantlay- Course is similar to Muirfield Village
4. JT - Playing well.
Congrats to last weeks winners. 3 of my guys played very well. Fitzpatrick really played like a champion. He should be the favourite going into The Open Championship. Good fortunes to all this week.

Ken...

[IMG alt="fsukenny"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/floridastate/data/avatars/m/3/3096.jpg?1452017849[/IMG]

fsukenny

9 minutes agoNew
Response to your post on Koepka-. You're not wrong. HOWEVER, this IS the point as to why players are leaving the PGA tour. The HUGE reason as to why there's even a place for the LIV tour is; Players grow up. Players get married. Players have families. And, just as in any sport, players have injuries. For at least a decade, there has been a need for a bridge tour. Guys that have earned their stripes so to speak. The 37 to 50 year old guys that want to play 12-24 times a year. People know them. They are draws. The PGA tour has had proposals for this near 20 years and failed to act. Then Norman, Mickelson and others got together. They put it together. Now do you really think they love taking money from the Saudi's ? Probably not. But it solved the biggest problem to their equation. How do we get paid ?
Now, as for Brooks, I saw this coming after his interview at The U.S. Open last week. When he had to say " I love and support my brother on anything he does." I knew he was gone. He was angry. And he let it affect his play.
My final thought. And everyone is free to disagree. Jay Monahan has been there too long. I'm pretty good at reading people and he's not the guy the PGA tour needs right now. How many more MAJOR CHAMPIONS have to leave the PGA tour before the PGA Tour realizes they made a monumental blunder !? ( That's a Finley Belcher reference for those that took accounting at FSU.) The PGA Tour was created by Jack and Arnold for increased benefits for the players. Now the Tour seems to be more important than the players. Makes no sense.
-Jay- you have a problem !

Reactions:You
Like Quote Reply

fsukenny

9 minutes agoNew
Response to your post on Koepka-. You're not wrong. HOWEVER, this IS the point as to why players are leaving the PGA tour. The HUGE reason as to why there's even a place for the LIV tour is; Players grow up. Players get married. Players have families. And, just as in any sport, players have injuries. For at least a decade, there has been a need for a bridge tour. Guys that have earned their stripes so to speak. The 37 to 50 year old guys that want to play 12-24 times a year. People know them. They are draws. The PGA tour has had proposals for this near 20 years and failed to act. Then Norman, Mickelson and others got together. They put it together. Now do you really think they love taking money from the Saudi's ? Probably not. But it solved the biggest problem to their equation. How do we get paid ?
Now, as for Brooks, I saw this coming after his interview at The U.S. Open last week. When he had to say " I love and support my brother on anything he does." I knew he was gone. He was angry. And he let it affect his play.
My final thought. And everyone is free to disagree. Jay Monahan has been there too long. I'm pretty good at reading people and he's not the guy the PGA tour needs right now. How many more MAJOR CHAMPIONS have to leave the PGA tour before the PGA Tour realizes they made a monumental blunder !? ( That's a Finley Belcher reference for those that took accounting at FSU.) The PGA Tour was created by Jack and Arnold for increased benefits for the players. Now the Tour seems to be more important than the players. Makes no sense.
-Jay- you have a problem !

Reactions:You
Like Quote Reply
Kenny - interesting read. Helps this old poster see a bit more...guess I need to remember its not, say, 1962 anymore...

This was the result of the players-only meeting today. The schedule and some tournaments may be changing

Why can't this just be done with existing WGC events??

The payout for the FedEx title could be increased as well.

And how about allowing sponsors to pay appearance stipends to lure star players for ordinary tour events as pro tennis does??

No need to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:
I need to somehow get out of this slump I'm in, before it's too late. Maybe look at some of the lesser lights instead of established favorites?

Joel Dahmen
Davis Riley
Webb Simpson
Jordan Spieth
Git r done!

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT