ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 26 The Quicken Loans National

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • 16_QLN_30020_KKpp.jpg
    Pros will take to TPC Potomac next week to tee it up at the Quicken Loans National. (Keyur Khamar/PGA TOUR)
• COURSE: TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm, 7,139 yards, par 70. Once an annual PGA TOUR stop, the facility returns to host duties with a new look that followed a two-year, $20 million overhaul. The original 1986 layout was designed as host of the old Kemper Open, but players never warmed to the course, which also was plagued by drainage and turf issues. The tournament’s demise after 2006 paved the way for massive renovations, with every hole modified in some fashion and major changes to at least a dozen. The new course opened in 2009 and staged the Senior PLAYERS Championship a year later to positive reviews. This will be the Quicken Loans National’s first visit, as the tournament ventures away from Congressional CC in odd-numbered years.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: The Tiger Woods Foundation, with proceeds earmarked for two Tiger Woods Learning Center campuses in Washington, D.C., along with 25 Tiger Woods Scholars who come from the D.C. area.

• FIELD WATCH: Rickie Fowler and Justin Thomas, both top-10 finishers at the U.S. Open after contending early in the final round, give the QLN two of the top dozen players in the current world rankings. … Si Woo Kim, winner at THE PLAYERS six weeks ago, also will tee it up along with PGA Championship titleholder Jimmy Walker. … The lineup includes 16 PGA TOUR winners from this season, including recent winners Billy Horschel (AT&T Byron Nelson) and Kevin Chappell (Valero Texas Open). … Arjun Atwal, winner of the 2010 Wyndham Championship, tees it up for just the fifth time anywhere in 2017. … Recent college stars Wyndham Clark (Oregon) and Sam Horsfield (Florida) both make their second professional starts.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 266, Troy Merritt (2015 at Robert Trent Jones GC).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 61, Troy Merritt (3rd round, 2015 at Robert Trent Jones GC).

• LAST YEAR: Billy Hurley III produced perhaps the top feel-good victory of 2016, winning not only in home territory but following a year of adversity that included his father’s suicide. With old (Vijay Singh) and young (Jon Rahm) pursuers making a run, Hurley holed out from 35 yards for birdie at Congressional’s 15th hole, then drained a 27-foot birdie putt at No.16 to seal a three-stroke triumph. The Naval Academy graduate finished at 17-under-par 267, one off Troy Merritt’s tournament record and tying Woods (2009) for the QLN’s best total at Congressional. Singh, 53, fired a final-round 65 for the Hall of Famer’s best finish since taking second at the 2013 Frys.com Open. Rahm tied for third in his professional debut, four shots back alongside Bill Haas.

• STORYLINES: Fowler, who finished second to Troy Merritt two years ago, seeks the elusive trophy again in his first start since tying for fifth at the U.S. Open. He already has won once this year at the Honda Classic. … Thomas, who missed the cut at the Travelers Championship after final-round struggles at Erin Hills, seeks a bounceback at TPC Potomac. A top-two finish would vault him to the top of the FedExCup standings past Dustin Johnson and Hideki Matsuyama. … Hurley seeks to become the first back-to-back winner in the tournament’s 11-year history. Anthony Kim came closest, following his 2008 victory by finishing third in ’09.

• SHORT CHIPS: Woods, who has served as tournament host even when unable to tee it up, may not be in attendance at all this year after announcing he is seeking help to manage a reliance on prescription painkillers. … Hurley became the sixth winner in the past eight editions to convert at least a share of the 54-hole lead. The others: Troy Merritt (2016), Bill Haas (2013), Nick Watney (2011), Justin Rose (2010) and Woods (2009). … As at Congressional, TPC Potomac will feature the “We Salute Our Heroes” tribute wall where fans can leave personal messages of thanks for those who serve in the nation’s military.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 3:30-6:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6:30 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (featured groups), 3:30-6:30 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes). Sunday, 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (featured holes).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, noon-7 p.m.; Saturday, 1-6 p.m.; Sunday, 1-7 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

The PGSF rolls into Avenel Farm ( home of the old Kemper Open) for the Quicken National

Congratulations to last weeks winner BFT.
With last weeks win BFT moves into second place

leader%20thru%20travelers_zpsshecewfd.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

Rickie Fowler
Bill Haas
Billy Hurley III
Patrick Reed

If my picks go down in flames I have an excuse. Got broadsided today by someone who made a left turn they should not have and spent 5 hours at the hospital.

I'm guaranteed to have my best opening morning of the year. Most weeks, at least one of my guys has played his way out of contention by lunchtime on Thursday. This week, all four of my guys don't tee off until after 1 pm, so it should be mid-afternoon before any of them are 15 shots out of the lead.

Rickie Fowler
Bill Haas
Billy Hurley III
Patrick Reed

If my picks go down in flames I have an excuse. Got broadsided today by someone who made a left turn they should not have and spent 5 hours at the hospital.

Holy crap man...hope you feel better.

Side note that's real dedication there getting the picks in on time!

Chappell, Lingmerth, Reed, Thomas

So Chappell is well on his way to playing in the skins game at the local muni this weekend. FML, I may as well have picked Clayton Bigsby.

And that is why I did not take Justin Thomas. He is not in a good place with his game right now. That 9 on number ten showed that.

Rickie Fowler

How you feeling after a couple days BFT?

Nice win for Stanley, and as DFS said, love the emotion. Fowler has to be hurting from 14, would have been in the playoff if not for that double.

In the PGSF, Liz makes the winning picks from the recovery room, heart of a defending champ, not ready to give up the belt
congrats NoleLizards
Quicken%20Winner_zpsfckfs7ys.png

will post updated leader board shortly

ADVERTISEMENT