NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • promo295488757

ROUND RECAPS
    Ryan Moore claims his fifth career win at John Deere
• FIELD:Playing this week.

• COURSE: TPC Deere Run, 7,268 yards, par 71. Built on rolling landscape alongside the Rock River, D.A. Weibring’s 1999 design deftly mixes scenic views and risk/reward challenge on a site that once housed a long-ago tribal village and later an Arabian horse-breeding operation. Weibring used dramatic elevation changes to frame several holes, notably the downhill 14th that measures 361 yards and tempts long hitters to drive a green that offers punishment for shots either long or left. Typically a place that yields low scores, Deere Run carved its place in the record book seven years ago when Paul Goydos carded just the fourth 59 recorded on the PGA TOUR. Eventual winner Steve Stricker shot 60 that day.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: The John Deere Classic has raised more than $70 million for Quad Cities charities since its 1971 inception, most of it generated by its “Birdies for Charity” program. The tournament annually ranks No.1 in charity donations per capita on the PGA TOUR.

• FIELD WATCH: 2012 champion and JDC board member Zach Johnson tops the roster, joined FedEx St. Jude Classic winner Daniel Berger and DEAN & DELUCA Invitational champ Kevin Kisner. … In all, six of this season’s tournament winners and seven of the FedExCup top 30 will tee it up at Deere Run. … Stricker, whose three-peat from 2009-11 still stands as the last time anyone has captured the same PGA TOUR event three straight years, returns for his 16th appearance. … Two of the top four players in the world amateur rankings are set to play on sponsor invites. Maverick McNealy, whose 11 tournament wins at Stanford matched that of Tiger Woods and Patrick Rodgers, holds the No.2 ranking and Illinois senior Dylan Meyer stands fourth.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Steve Stricker (2010).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 59, Paul Goydos (1st round, 2010).

• LAST YEAR: Ryan Moore collected his fifth PGA TOUR victory, playing bogey-free over his final 46 holes to finish off a two-stroke win over Ben Martin. Three birdies on Deere Run’s front nine pushed Moore to a five-shot advantage on the final day, throttling back with pars after the turn while Martin used a three-birdie run to pull within two. That was the closest anyone got, though, as Moore left no opening down the stretch in a closing 67. Moore carded just two bogeys over the entire week, notching his first win since 2014 in Malaysia. The performance began a run of four top-10 finishes in six starts for Moore – three in the FedExCup playoffs – to place seventh in the final FedExCup standings. It also earned the former UNLV standout a captain’s selection to the U.S. Ryder Cup team, where he helped the Americans celebrate their first win since 2008.

• STORYLINES: Johnson, a Cedar Rapids native, owns six top-three finishes in his past eight visits, with three runner-up finishes go to with his 2012 win. He’s a combined 133-under par in that stretch; last year’s second-day 71 ended a run of 29 consecutive rounds in the 60s. … Stricker, who owns three top-16 finishes this season in just eight starts, seeks again to become the Classic’s first four-time winner. He also has four top-10 finishes in five starts on the PGA TOUR Champions. … The final Open Championship berth next week awaits the highest top-5 finisher who hasn’t already punched his ticket to Royal Birkdale.

• SHORT CHIPS: A total of 15 entrants at Deere Run already have qualified for next week’s Open lineup, including Moore and 2015 champion golfer Johnson. A charter flight awaits them Sunday night, provided by Deere Classic officials each year to fly them across the Atlantic. … The University of Illinois again is well-represented with five entrants – Stricker, D.A. Points, Brian Campbell and current Illini golfers Meyer and Nick Hardy. Friday traditionally is designated as Illini Day at Deere Run.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (featured groups), 4-7 p.m. (featured holes).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

For more on all the courses in the TPC network, visit TPC.com.

Play where the pros play. To book your tee time at TPC Deere Run, visit TeeOff.com.

PGSF rools into Illinois for the tournament of the tee markers.

Congratulations to last weeks winner fsu67810, who keeps rising up overall leader board, which is still led by Bobcat who topped the 9k mark.

Leader%20thru%20Greenbrier_zpstglfeil3.png

Good Luck this week

Reactions: fsu67810
Congrats yet again, Commish!

Harman
Hoffman
Johnson
Stricker

B Harman
D Berger
C Hoffman
D Summerhayes

Last edited:
Looks like Rory is about to miss another cut. This time at the Scottish Open. I think that would make his 4th straight missed cut if I heard the announcers correctly. Not good as he heads into a major.

Moving to the Scottish Open, Shinkwin did his version of Van de Velde at the British. Just played brain dead on the 72nd hole and again in the playoff starting with the second shot that landed in nearly identical places to the left of the green when he should have laid up. Then he leaves the almost identical putt short both times. Could have been his first Euro tour win. Just not smart golf at all when all he needed was par on the 72nd to win.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Still very little movement in my left-side appendages. Hanging in there though. Thanks.
Stay Positive Liz, it will help during the rough spots. The wifes grandmother had left side appendage issues after her stroke and now has full function after therapy..

Last edited:
I said to mysellf , no way Stricker and ZJ show up strong again at the Deere, neither is playing great golf, course history shomrse history, I am not picking either much less both
ugh, currently tied for 1st ..

I said to mysellf , no way Stricker and ZJ show up strong again at the Deere, neither is playing great golf, course history shomrse history, I am not picking either much less both
ugh, currently tied for 1st ..

Stricker I had the same thought about. Obviously that was a miscalculation on my part.

some good ones on twitter today

Bob Harig@BobHarig

Phil greeted Jordan Spieth in Birkdale locker room by chiding him for being in wrong spot. "This right here is for past champions,'' he said

Bob Harig@BobHarig

Spieth gave it back to Phil: "I haven't played enough yet. It only took you 20 years (to win) it.'' This will be Phil's 24th, Jordan's fifth

Jason Sobel@JasonSobelESPN

Callum Shinkwin just broke a cardinal rule: Never leave your five-foot par putt at the final hole for a first career victory short.

That was an enjoyable round of golf to watch, lots of scoring, with Bryson going out and shooting a 65 to get his first win. What a great moment, he could not hold back the tears as hard as he tried. Just neat to watch and he gets that private jet ride to tee it up at Birkdale.

In the PGSF , NoleLizards , from the recovery room beats out everyone else for another win.
congratulations NoleLizards

John%20Deere%20%20Winner_zpskrex1b2p.png

Will post updated leader board shortly

ADVERTISEMENT