PGSF FedEx Cup Week 33 The Wyndham Championship

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • BrandtSnedeker.jpg

SWING VISION
    Brandt Snedeker's slo-mo swing is analyzed at Wyndham Championship
• COURSE: Sedgefield Country Club (Ross), 7,127 yards, par 70. The 1925 Donald Ross design was one of two courses used for the Greater Greensboro Open’s 1938 debut and now stands as the lone Ross layout to serve as a regular PGA TOUR stop. Sedgefield later became an alternating site, before a 1961-76 run as host that included Sam Snead’s 1965 triumph that was the last of his record 82 TOUR victories. Sedgefield also holds a place in college sports history as the site where the Atlantic Coast Conference was founded in 1953. Following a 2007 restoration to its original specifications, the Greensboro event returned to its roots after a 31-year hiatus.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: The Wyndham Worldwide Charitable Foundation, which supports enrichment of the lives of children around the world via education, wellness and conservation. Other beneficiaries include The First Tee of the Triad, the Crosby Scholars Community Partnership and the Piedmont Triad Partnership.

• FIELD WATCH: Davis Love III, whose victory two years ago at age 51 made him the third-oldest winner in PGA TOUR history, and 2015 Open Championship winner Henrik Stenson top the marquee for the final event before the FedExCup playoffs. ... Though the roster features just five of the current FedExCup top 30, all but 15 from Nos. 90-190 are entered. ... Back woes will keep reigning champion Si Woo Kim from defending his title. The 22-year-old Korean withdrew after his opening round at the PGA Championship. … Kevin Kisner is the only entrant among the current top 10 in FedExCup points; Stenson is highest in the world rankings at No.8. … Haotong Li, third at last month’s Open Championship after a closing 63, tees it up on a sponsor invitation. So will Dru Love, the fifth time he joins his dad in the same PGA TOUR field.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 259, Carl Pettersson (2008), Si Woo Kim (2016).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Si Woo Kim (2nd round, 2016).

• LAST YEAR: Kim claimed his first PGA TOUR victory in record fashion, parlaying a second-round 60 into a five-shot romp. The Korean pro’s 10-under-par 60 established a new Greensboro record, just missing a 50-foot birdie putt at the finish that would have given him a historic 59. Kim took a four-shot lead into the final day, and a 14-foot birdie on the 72nd hole closed out a 67 allowed him to match Pettersson’s tournament record. At age 21, Kim also became the youngest TOUR winner of 2015-16, and second-youngest in Greensboro history behind 20-year-old Seve Ballesteros’ victory in 1978. The victory came just five weeks after Kim lost a playoff to Aaron Baddeley at the Barbasol Championship in Alabama. Luke Donald’s closing 67 was enough to finish second, one shot ahead of Hideki Matsuyama and Brandt Snedeker.

• STORYLINES: It’s the final chance for players to crack the FedExCup playoffs lineup by moving into the top 125 on the points list. A year ago, Shawn Stefani and Kyle Stanley were the only men to make the move. … Daniel Summerhays (124th), Geoff Ogilvy (125th) and Cameron Tringale (126th) are the players currently on the bubble. … Farther back, former major champions Graeme McDowell (131st), Retief Goosen (161st) and Padraig Harrington (199th) are entered, along with Hall of Famer Ernie Els (213th). … Only three men have come to Greensboro at 140th or lower in the FedExCup standings and left with a playoff berth.

• SHORT CHIPS: In the 10 years since the FedExCup playoffs debuted, an average of 2.6 players have booked a late playoff spot in Greensboro. Three editions have seen five punch their tickets, including two years ago. On the flip side, no one did it in 2013. … Kim was the sixth winner in the past nine editions to close out a 54-hole lead, though immediate predecessors Love III (2015) and Camilo Villegas (2014) did it in come-from-behind fashion. … Though winning scores have differed, four of the past five editions have seen the runner-up post 16-under 264.

• TELEVISION: Thursday, 2-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Friday, 2-4 p.m. (GC). Saturday-Sunday, 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, noon-6 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com

The PGSF arrives at The Wyndham with the playoffs set to start next week.. This should be an exciting week as we have 4 golfers in reach of the regular season championship.

congratulations again to last weeks winner ktnole

Leasder%20through%20PGA_zpsrt5rua8j.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

I think it's safe to make the call even before the completion of the 1st round...... @Bobcat07 2018 PGSF FedEx Cup regular season champion. Congratulations my friend.

funny you posted this DFS, as I was thinking about regular season today.
Last two years we have awarded the regular season championship before the Tour championship, as that is when points reset.
My thought is we should do our own point reset as the playoffs begin, giving us a true "playoffs" with 4 events to decide the playoff champion which would name the regular season champion after the Wyndham starting this year and going forward.

Majority vote, let me know if you like idea of resetting after Wyndham or keeping it same as previous two years. ?

Reactions: seminoleed
funny you posted this DFS, as I was thinking about regular season today.
Last two years we have awarded the regular season championship before the Tour championship, as that is when points reset.
My thought is we should do our own point reset as the playoffs begin, giving us a true "playoffs" with 4 events to decide the playoff champion which would name the regular season champion after the Wyndham starting this year and going forward.

Majority vote, let me know if you like idea of resetting after Wyndham or keeping it same as previous two years. ?

I guess I do not understand the proposal. It sounds like the regular season becomes completely meaningless.

I guess I do not understand the proposal. It sounds like the regular season becomes completely meaningless.

The regular season would basically stay the same but with a champion being declared after Wyndham instead of after the BMW. My reasoning was that the points are so inflated with playoff events, if we reset after Wyndham there would be a more represenative seeding ( point reset) for a playoffs. Then the playoffs are based on regular tour events and majors versus including the 2000 point events that start next week.

The regular season would basically stay the same but with a champion being declared after Wyndham instead of after the BMW. My reasoning was that the points are so inflated with playoff events, if we reset after Wyndham there would be a more represenative seeding ( point reset) for a playoffs. Then the playoffs are based on regular tour events and majors versus including the 2000 point events that start next week.

I'll go with whatever ensures I win.

Reactions: NoleinATL
We can try it this year, and dump it next year if we don't like it. Easy for me to say though, I'm not in contention regardless.

4 golfers in the top 20 after 2nd round, last 8 tournaments, yeah I might as well just throw darts at this point

sorry, thought I posted this yesterday

I thought some more about proposed change, and I am going to table it until next year. With as good as this season has been, with 4 guys in contention it is not fair to everyone to make such a major change right at the end. So we will do it just like last two years with the regular season champ being named at conclusion of BMW and then do the point reset for tour championship and the winner of that is the FedEx Champ.

My apologies for throwing the proposal out there , just thought about it with all the playoff talk and posted it without thinking it all the way through. I have docked myself one weeks pay as punishment for posting without thinking

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Stetson and Na won't be playing together even though they're paired up. Henrik has to be extra patient with how slowly Na plays.

Just keep Na away from scrub bushes where he is likely to shoot a 16 and they should move along OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT