Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 4 The Farmers Insurance Open

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • reedTrophy-847-donaldmiralle.jpg

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Patrick Reed’s winning highlights from Round 4 at the Farmers​

FedExCup leader Hideki Matsuyama is joined by six of the top 10 golfers in the world at this week’s Farmers Insurance Open.

Patrick Reed, who won by five shots last season – the widest margin of victory in his career – returns to defend.
FIELD NOTES: World No. 1 Jon Rahm returns to his haven that is Torrey Pines. Rahm won the Farmers Insurance Open in 2017, was runner-up in 2020, finished T7 last year and won the U.S. Open at Torrey in 2021… Other golfers inside the top 10 in the world in the field include Justin Thomas, San Diego native Xander Schauffele, Bryson DeChambeau, and Hideki Matsuyama, the TOUR’s only two-time winner this season… DeChambeau returns to Torrey Pines for the first time since 2018. He added the Farmers Insurance Open to his schedule after withdrawing from the Sony Open, citing soreness in his left wrist… There’s plenty of firepower at Torrey Pines this year with notables also including two-time Farmers winner Jason Day, Brooks Koepka, and former FedExCup winners Justin Rose (who won at Torrey Pines in 2019), Billy Horschel and Jordan Spieth… Long-time San Diego resident Phil Mickelson – who acted as tournament host at The American Express – is back in the field. He is a three-time Farmers Insurance Open champion… Kamaiu Johnson gets another chance at the Farmers Insurance Open. The APGA Tour star was set to make his TOUR debut in 2021 but tested positive for COVID-19 prior to the event. He’s back as a sponsor exemption this year and is one of two APGA players in the field. Ryan Alford also was given a sponsor’s exemption. … Will Zalatoris, who finished T7 as a sponsor exemption last year, is back at Torrey as a full-fledged TOUR member this year… Other 2022 sponsor exemptions include Taylor Montgomery and former Arizona State standout Kevin Yu, who was fourth in PGA TOUR University’s Class of 2021. He had two top-5 finishes in eight Korn Ferry Tour starts last year.

COURSE: Torrey Pines GC (South), 7,765 yards, par-72. Torrey Pines GC (North), 7,258 yards, par-72. Golfers will play one round apiece on the South and North courses before the 36-hole cut. The final two rounds will be played on the South Course. Torrey Pines South has hosted the 2008 and 2021 U.S. Opens, won by Tiger Woods and Jon Rahm, respectively.
FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
STORYLINES: This week marks the return of Dustin Johnson. The former FedExCup champion hasn’t teed it up on the PGA TOUR since THE CJ CUP @ SUMMIT… The tournament will get started on Wednesday and goes until Saturday. This avoids a conflict with the NFL’s conference championship games… Fans will be permitted at Torrey Pines this year after a fan-less affair in 2021… Reed looks to become just the fourth repeat winner in event history. The last to do it was Tiger Woods, who won four straight at Torrey Pines from 2005-2008.
72-HOLE RECORD: 266, George Burns (1987), Tiger Woods (1999).
18-HOLE RECORD: North Course record: 61, Mark Brooks (2nd round, 1990), Brandt Snedeker (1st round, 2007).
Redesigned North Course record: 62, Jon Rahm (1st round, 2019), Ryan Palmer (2nd round, 2020).
South Course record: 62, Tiger Woods (3rd round, 1999)
LAST TIME: Patrick Reed won for the ninth time on TOUR at the 2021 Farmers Insurance Open, and the margin of victory – five shots – was the biggest in his career. Reed closed with a 4-under 68. He held the 18-hole lead after Thursday and took the victory across the finish line on Sunday. Reed was never challenged on Sunday – especially after co-54-hole leader Carlos Ortiz was 2-over through four holes and finished with a 6-over 78. There was a five-way tie for second between Tony Finau, Henrik Norlander, Ryan Palmer, Schauffele, and Viktor Hovland.
HOW TO FOLLOW:
Television:
Wednesday, 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Thursday, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (Golf Channel). Friday, 3 p.m.-5 p.m. (Golf Channel), 5 p.m.-8 p.m. (CBS). Saturday, 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (Golf Channel), 4:30 p.m.-8 p.m. (CBS).
PGA TOUR LIVE:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Main Feed: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Main Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.Main Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 1 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 1 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 12:45 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:45 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 12:45 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12:45 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
PGA TOUR LIVE is available exclusively on ESPN+
Main Feed: Primary tournament coverage featuring the best action from across the course
Marquee Group: New “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
Featured Groups: Traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
Featured Holes: A combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

Congratulations again to last weeks winners @fsu67810 and @NoleLizards

@Mrs BFT hangs onto the overall season lead with @fsu67810 only two points behind

Leader-thru-Amex-2022.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

Last edited by a moderator:
So does that mean to get your picks in by, as the Moody Blues would say...Tuesday afternoon...?

I'm looking at myself my picks are on my mind
It's just the kind of day to leave my game behind
So intently hacking through Torrey Pines with love
Be sure to check the field, and see the duty of
Tuesday afternoon
Tuesday afternoon

So, the Golf Whisperer told me today that this has become personal with him. He can't understand where all these young no-names with their 30 under par rounds are coming from. Said his research will have to be amped, and he'll show me and the rest of you he's the real deal.

This is for Nolerball (with apologies to the Bard of my generation):

Come gather round golfers throughout the land
To Torrey Pines Golf Club to make your next stand.
And admit the sand traps around you have grown,
And accept it that soon you'll be eating bogey bones.
If your time to you is worth saving
Then you better start swinging
Or you'll DNF with a groan.
For the competition is changin'.

Oh, our picks, you ask?:

Dustin Johnson
Luke List
Jon Rahm
Will Zalatoris

So, the Golf Whisperer told me today that this has become personal with him. He can't understand where all these young no-names with their 30 under par rounds are coming from. Said his research will have to be amped, and he'll show me and the rest of you he's the real deal.

This is for Nolerball (with apologies to the Bard of my generation):

Come gather round golfers throughout the land
To Torrey Pines Golf Club to make your next stand.
And admit the sand traps around you have grown,
And accept it that soon you'll be eating bogey bones.
If your time to you is worth saving
Then you better start swinging
Or you'll DNF with a groan.
For the competition is changin'.

Oh, our picks, you ask?:

Dustin Johnson
Luke List
Jon Rahm
Will Zalatoris
Loss for words...well played, sir.

Oh and the picks have got some merit too...:cool:

Seen Keopka with the yellow hair? 😳😬