ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 5 The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (sign-up is open to everyone )

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • hoge-fl-1694-orlandoramirez.jpg

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Tom Hoge’s Round 4 winning highlights from AT&T Pebble Beach​

The PGA TOUR returns to the golf paradise of Pebble Beach for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
2017 champion Jordan Spieth headlines the field, with Tom Hoge returning to defend.
FIELD NOTES: Viktor Hovland and Matt Fitzpatrick are back in action for the first since the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Hovland has had a solid 2022-23 campaign thus far, plus a victory at the Hero World Challenge … Jordan Spieth seems to always be in the mix at Pebble Beach but has only won this event once, in 2017. He finished T3 in 2021 and had a two-shot lead on the 15th tee in 2022 before faltering down the stretch … Joel Dahmen is set to join the field and tee it up on TOUR for the first time since becoming a father on Jan. 19 … Other notables include Kevin Kisner, Webb Simpson and former FedExCup Champion Justin Rose … Ben Silverman, who won on the Korn Ferry Tour last week in the Bahamas, is among the sponsor exemptions … Other sponsor exemptions include Californian and Napa Valley College alum Charles Porter (a Korn Ferry Tour member this year), RJ Manke (who finished No. 4 on last year's PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Ranking after earning Pac-12 Player of the Year honors while at the University of Washington), Scotland’s Paul O'Hara (who won the Scottish PGA Professional Championship in 2022), University of Oklahoma alum Garett Reband (No. 5 on the inaugural 2021 PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Ranking), and college standout John Pak (No. 1 on the 2021 PGA TOUR University Ranking.)
FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am will once again use its three-course rotation.
Pebble Beach: Par 72, 6,972 yards
Spyglass Hill: Par 72, 7,041 yards
Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Shore): Par 71, 6,957 yards
STORYLINES: Tom Hoge looks to become the first defending champion at Pebble Beach since 2009-10. Hoge also won the QBE Shootout at the end of last year alongside Sahith Theegala … The cut comes after the third round with top-60 (and ties) advancing to Sunday’s finale … In Jordan Spieth’s 10 appearances at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, he has six top-10 results … Among the 156 celebrities teeing it up this week are recently-retired soccer superstar Gareth Bale, NFL QBs Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen, and plenty of big names from entertainment and music including Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Eric Church, Darius Rucker, and of course, Bill Murray.
72-HOLE RECORD: 265, Brandt Snedeker (2015)
18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Sung Kang at Monterey Peninsula (Round 2, 2016). Pebble Beach record: 62, Tom Kite (Round 3, 1983), David Duval (Round 3, 1997), Patrick Cantlay (Round 1, 2021), Matthias Schwab (Round 2, 2022). Spyglass Hill record: 62, Phil Mickelson (Round 1, 2005), Luke Donald (Round 1, 2006).
LAST TIME: Tom Hoge won for the first time in 203 PGA TOUR starts after a 4-under 68 to top Jordan Spieth by two and win last season’s AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Hoge, who was tied for the 54-hole lead, made birdies on three of his final five holes including on the 16th and 17th to overtake Spieth, who bogeyed the par-3 penultimate hole. Hoge was also in the final group of the 2021 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am before fading to 12th. Seven players held at least a share of the lead during Sunday’s finale before Hoge’s final-nine charge separated him from the pack. After Hoge made a birdie on 14, he clipped his approach on 16 to just tap-in range and caught Spieth for the lead. The win came just two weeks after Hoge finished runner-up at The American Express. Beau Hossler finished alone in third while Patrick Cantlay and Troy Merritt – whose 5-under 67 was tied for the low round of the day Sunday – finished tied for fourth.

Taylor Moore and Kyle Adams, the President of RKA Investments LLC, won the team title after a final-round 62 got them to 33 under for the week.

HOW TO FOLLOW:

Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS).
PGA TOUR Live:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ETMain Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ETMain Feed: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ETMain Feed: 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 3 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
  • Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
  • Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
  • Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
  • Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 12 p.m.–6 p.m. ET. Saturday, 2 p.m.-7 p.m. Sunday, 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)

Congratulations again to last week's winner @Bill From Tampa

With the win, last week @Bill From Tampa takes the overall season lead.

Leader-thru-Frmers-2023.png

Good luck to everyone this week

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole and DFSNOLE

A PGA TOUR EVENT​

One of the most exciting events on the PGA TOUR, the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am is contested annually in front of thousands of spectators and millions of television viewers on three of the Monterey Peninsula’s premier golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and Monterey Peninsula Country Club Shore Course.
Monterey Peninsula Foundation is proud to host the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. In the last fiscal year, the Foundation donated $14.5 million to support local nonprofits in Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito Counties.

FAST FACTS​

FIELD:156 professionals , 156 amateurs
PLAYOFF:Sudden death starting at No. 18; then No. 18 again; then No. 17 & No. 18
PURSE:$9,000,000 professional; $1,620,000 first place
DEFENDING CHAMPION:
Tom Hoge

AMATEUR LEADERBOARD​

CLICK HERE

PROFESSIONAL LEADERBOARD​

CLICK HERE

THE COURSES​

PEBBLE BEACH GOLF LINKS​

Since 1919, the exquisite beauty and unique challenge of Pebble Beach Golf Links have thrilled golfers and spectators alike.

LEARN MORE

SPYGLASS HILL GOLF COURSE​

Spyglass Hill Golf Course is rated one of the toughest courses in the world from the championship tees, boasting a course rating of 75.5 and a slope rating of 144.

LEARN MORE

MONTEREY PENINSULA COUNTRY CLUB SHORE COURSE​

The Shore Course is a naturally contoured, gently flowing seaside course playing through coastal grasslands and rolling sand dunes.

LEARN MORE

HISTORY​

TOURNAMENT HISTORY​

The tournament now known as the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am started out in Rancho Sante Fe, California when Bing Crosby invited some friends to play golf, enjoy a clambake, and a raise a little money for charity.

SEE IT FROM THE BEGINNING
GET INVOLVED VOLUNTEER DONATE
STAY CONNECTED

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am​

The first look will be up Monday, and I will update the thread.

Why do I have a zero in the "TOC 2023" column??

Reactions: NoleinATL
RIght about now, I feel like TCU when they played Georgia. I think maybe I should have paid for the older platform instead of just starting with the Silly Season. I may have to try something different.

Ed's start to the season :D

That would be me, more than likely. Bobby Jones would have been appalled by what I could do to his game on a golf course.

Did you ever play Bobby Jones when you lived in Atlanta?
The second place I lived in Atlanta was 1 mile from Bobby Jones. During the six years, I lived there, I probably played 1500 rounds on that course, I loved that terrible track.

The second place I lived in Atlanta was 1 mile from Bobby Jones. During the six years, I lived there, I probably played 1500 rounds on that course, I loved that terrible track.
There was a Bobby Jones course in Sarasota I used to wear out back in the day...

Reactions: fsukenny
RIght about now, I feel like TCU when they played Georgia. I think maybe I should have paid for the older platform instead of just starting with the Silly Season. I may have to try something different.
I just thank you for allowing me to have the overall lead for one week sir.

I guess I don't know how to link a tweet, but there is a Chamblee tweet that absolutely roasts Pat Reed (as the cheater he is) over treegate. Too funny...

Is that the one near Chastain Park? If so, yes, I played it one time. Spent most of the round playing in the sand. I thought I was on a mission to land in every single trap on the layout.

• hoge-fl-1694-orlandoramirez.jpg

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Tom Hoge’s Round 4 winning highlights from AT&T Pebble Beach​

The PGA TOUR returns to the golf paradise of Pebble Beach for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
2017 champion Jordan Spieth headlines the field, with Tom Hoge returning to defend.
FIELD NOTES: Viktor Hovland and Matt Fitzpatrick are back in action for the first since the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Hovland has had a solid 2022-23 campaign thus far, plus a victory at the Hero World Challenge … Jordan Spieth seems to always be in the mix at Pebble Beach but has only won this event once, in 2017. He finished T3 in 2021 and had a two-shot lead on the 15th tee in 2022 before faltering down the stretch … Joel Dahmen is set to join the field and tee it up on TOUR for the first time since becoming a father on Jan. 19 … Other notables include Kevin Kisner, Webb Simpson and former FedExCup Champion Justin Rose … Ben Silverman, who won on the Korn Ferry Tour last week in the Bahamas, is among the sponsor exemptions … Other sponsor exemptions include Californian and Napa Valley College alum Charles Porter (a Korn Ferry Tour member this year), RJ Manke (who finished No. 4 on last year's PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Ranking after earning Pac-12 Player of the Year honors while at the University of Washington), Scotland’s Paul O'Hara (who won the Scottish PGA Professional Championship in 2022), University of Oklahoma alum Garett Reband (No. 5 on the inaugural 2021 PGA TOUR University Velocity Global Ranking), and college standout John Pak (No. 1 on the 2021 PGA TOUR University Ranking.)
FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am will once again use its three-course rotation.
Pebble Beach: Par 72, 6,972 yards
Spyglass Hill: Par 72, 7,041 yards
Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Shore): Par 71, 6,957 yards
STORYLINES: Tom Hoge looks to become the first defending champion at Pebble Beach since 2009-10. Hoge also won the QBE Shootout at the end of last year alongside Sahith Theegala … The cut comes after the third round with top-60 (and ties) advancing to Sunday’s finale … In Jordan Spieth’s 10 appearances at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, he has six top-10 results … Among the 156 celebrities teeing it up this week are recently-retired soccer superstar Gareth Bale, NFL QBs Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen, and plenty of big names from entertainment and music including Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Eric Church, Darius Rucker, and of course, Bill Murray.
72-HOLE RECORD: 265, Brandt Snedeker (2015)
18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Sung Kang at Monterey Peninsula (Round 2, 2016). Pebble Beach record: 62, Tom Kite (Round 3, 1983), David Duval (Round 3, 1997), Patrick Cantlay (Round 1, 2021), Matthias Schwab (Round 2, 2022). Spyglass Hill record: 62, Phil Mickelson (Round 1, 2005), Luke Donald (Round 1, 2006).
LAST TIME: Tom Hoge won for the first time in 203 PGA TOUR starts after a 4-under 68 to top Jordan Spieth by two and win last season’s AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Hoge, who was tied for the 54-hole lead, made birdies on three of his final five holes including on the 16th and 17th to overtake Spieth, who bogeyed the par-3 penultimate hole. Hoge was also in the final group of the 2021 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am before fading to 12th. Seven players held at least a share of the lead during Sunday’s finale before Hoge’s final-nine charge separated him from the pack. After Hoge made a birdie on 14, he clipped his approach on 16 to just tap-in range and caught Spieth for the lead. The win came just two weeks after Hoge finished runner-up at The American Express. Beau Hossler finished alone in third while Patrick Cantlay and Troy Merritt – whose 5-under 67 was tied for the low round of the day Sunday – finished tied for fourth.

Taylor Moore and Kyle Adams, the President of RKA Investments LLC, won the team title after a final-round 62 got them to 33 under for the week.

HOW TO FOLLOW:

Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS).
PGA TOUR Live:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ETMain Feed: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ETMain Feed: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ETMain Feed: 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET
Stream 2Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.Marquee: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:15 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-3 p.m.Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
  • Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
  • Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
  • Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
  • Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 12 p.m.–6 p.m. ET. Saturday, 2 p.m.-7 p.m. Sunday, 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)

So I don't forget to pick this week.
1. Spieth
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Seamus Power
4. Philip Knowles *A local Bradenton guy. His dad and I played golf together back in the day. And family friends.

There was a Bobby Jones course in Sarasota I used to wear out back in the day...
CMA,
It's being torn up and redone. I drive by it occasionally. They don't look to be in any rush. Which is odd since you can't get a tee time anywhere in Manatee or Sarasota County right now. ( unless you're a member at a private club.) Some examples of current rates. IMG-$92, Rosedale $ 95, Lakewood National $ 128. Waterlefe $ 99
and University Park $ 105. That's stupid money if you ask me. Can't wait until May 1 !

CMA,
It's being torn up and redone. I drive by it occasionally. They don't look to be in any rush. Which is odd since you can't get a tee time anywhere in Manatee or Sarasota County right now. ( unless you're a member at a private club.) Some examples of current rates. IMG-$92, Rosedale $ 95, Lakewood National $ 128. Waterlefe $ 99
and University Park $ 105. That's stupid money if you ask me. Can't wait until May 1 !

Another good reason I gave up playing the game. When I was a member of our neighborhood club, I squeezed as many rounds as possible to cover the cost. Didn't help my game any, but felt like I was at least getting some bang for my bucks.

ADVERTISEMENT