Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 5 The AT&T Pebble Beach

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • daniel-berger-pebble-trophy-1694-keyurkhamartour.jpg

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Daniel Berger’s Winning Highlights from AT&T Pebble Beach​

Reigning FedExCup champion Patrick Cantlay leads the notables teeing it up at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. He’s looking to build off a T3 from last season. Meanwhile, Daniel Berger returns to defend his title as the event goes back to a three-course rotation.
FIELD NOTES: Berger looks to become the first repeat winner at Pebble Beach since Dustin Johnson more than a decade ago… Cantlay has finished T3-T11 in his last two starts here and tied the course record (62) at Pebble in the opening round last season… Jordan Spieth returns after finishing T3 a year ago. Spieth won this event in 2017… Spieth and Cantlay are joined by Bill Haas, Justin Rose, and Brandt Snedeker (who won this event in 2015) as past FedExCup champs in the field… Brandon Harkins – who won for the first time in 179 PGA TOUR-sanctioned starts on the Korn Ferry Tour last week – is a sponsor exemption along with Dean Burmester, Chan Kim, Alex Cejka, Mark Baldwin, Austin Eckroat and John Murphy. This will mark Murphy’s TOUR debut after a solid career at the University of Louisville… Min Woo Lee is in the field on an exemption as well. Lee, 23, has won on the DP World Tour the last two years and is ranked in the top 50 in the world, but he’s not even the best golfer in his family. Sister Minjee Lee is ranked 6th in the world on the women’s side… Some of the game’s legends are teeing it up at Pebble Beach, including Davis Love III, Peter Jacobsen, and Tom Lehman.
COURSE: The tournament will return to a three-course rotation after using only two in 2021. Golfers will rotate through Pebble Beach Golf Links (which has played host to the ‘Clambake’ since 1947), Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Shore Course) before finishing at Pebble Beach on Sunday.
Pebble Beach: Par 72, 6,972 yards
Spyglass Hill: Par 72, 7,041 yards
Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Shore): Par 71, 6,957 yards
FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
STORYLINES: Ten of the top 50 golfers in the world will tee it up, twice as many as 2021… Watch out for Jason Day, who hadn’t won since 2018 when he suddenly played his way into the final group at the Farmers Insurance Open. Day finished T7 at Pebble Beach last season, his seventh career top-7 finish at this event, with no wins… Day would become only the fifth non-American to ever win at Pebble Beach… The 2021 edition of this event was played without fans, and on just two courses, but fans, a third course, and celebrities are back for 2022. Amongst those expected to tee it up this week: Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen, two-time World Series winner Mookie Betts, country musicians Jake Owen, Darius Rucker, and Charles Kelley, soccer superstar Mia Hamm, and, of course, Bill Murray.
72-HOLE RECORD: 265, Brandt Snedeker (2015).
18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Sung Kang at Monterey Peninsula (2nd round, 2016). Pebble Beach record: 62, Tom Kite (3rd round, 1983), David Duval (3rd round, 1997), Patrick Cantlay (1st round, 2021). Spyglass Hill record: 62, Phil Mickelson (1st round, 2005), Luke Donald (1st round, 2006).
LAST TIME: Daniel Berger holed a 30-foot eagle on the 72nd hole (the “best putt” he’s hit in his life, he said) to win by two. It was his second win since the TOUR returned after the COVID-19 break. Jordan Spieth held a piece of the lead Sunday but bogeyed two of his first five holes to fall out of contention. Maverick McNealy made five birdies over his final eight holes and fired a final-round 66. He was tied for the lead going into 18 but his eagle attempt at the last stopped just short. Berger was in the group behind McNealy and needed only two putts to win, but he rolled in the eagle for a two-shot victory. His 65 was the round of the day Sunday. McNealy finished runner-up – his best career TOUR result, although he also finished runner up at the Fortinet Championship to begin the current season. Spieth tied for third with Patrick Cantlay. Paul Casey and Nate Lashley rounded out the top five, four shots back of Berger.

HOW TO FOLLOW

Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS)
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 12–6 p.m. ET. Saturday, 2-7 p.m. Sunday, 1-6:30 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)
For outside of the U.S., click here for GOLFTV powered by the PGA TOUR
PGA TOUR LIVE

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed:
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Main Feed:
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Main Feed:
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Main Feed:
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Group:
1 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee:
12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Marquee:
12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Marquee:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Marquee:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Group:
1 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups:
11:45 a.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Groups:
11:45 a.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Groups:
11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Groups:
11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Hole:
1 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
Stream 4Featured Holes:
12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Holes:
12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Holes:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Holes:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Featured Hole:
1 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
PGA TOUR LIVE is available exclusively on ESPN+
Main Feed: Primary tournament coverage featuring the best action from across the course
Marquee Group: New “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
Featured Groups: Traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
Featured Holes: A combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

We have arrived at Pebble, love this course, visually stunning and some great memories

Congratulations again to last weeks winner who had a dominant week picking 1st 2nd and 3rd, BOOM

With that performance, @seminoleed jumps into first place for overall season lead.

Leader-thru-Farmers-2022.png

Good luck to everyone this week

Last edited by a moderator:
fsukenny

Today at 9:12 AMNew​

About last week... It seems as though, my picks played kind of low. Their scores were high, so me points were pretty dry.
As I look to see into the past, It's that damned word LAST !
For FSU, last weeks basketball was just horrible.
For our tournament picks:
I was last last week.
I am last in total.
My last most favorite golfer hit a slice on his last approach into the water to give away the tournament in Dubai.
So the last thing you think I'd want to do is remember last weekend.
But wait there's hope. I won some dough on Saturday. Even though I bogeyed the last Par 5 #17 with a 3 putt.
But I made a par 4 on the last hole to shoot 77 in some cold and windy conditions.
So THIS week. Many usual suspects are not playing this week.
So lastly, my picks this week are:
Berger
Cantay
Day
Zalatoris

The Golf Whisperer (henceforth to be known as TGW) came by and was all excited to get picks in; he said when you're on a roll, you gotta strike while the iron is hot. Mmm. Sometimes I wonder if he's all there, but if it ain't broke, I sure as hell ain't gonna fix it.

Daniel Berger
Patrick Cantlay
Jason Day
Will Zalatoris (we both agreed this kid is gonna win big on the Tour once he breaks his maiden.)

The Golf Whisperer (henceforth to be known as TGW) came by and was all excited to get picks in; he said when you're on a roll, you gotta strike while the iron is hot. Mmm. Sometimes I wonder if he's all there, but if it ain't broke, I sure as hell ain't gonna fix it.

Daniel Berger
Patrick Cantlay
Jason Day
Will Zalatoris (we both agreed this kid is gonna win big on the Tour once he breaks his maiden.)

@seminoleed check your picks Zalatoris has Covid

@seminoleed check your picks Zalatoris has Covid

Damn. And I can't reach TGW until Friday; he's out on a 3 day bender celebrating his success of last week.

Soooooooooooooooo..........guess it's on me. Please drop Zalatoris and replace him with, um, Cameron Tringale.

Thanks for the heads up, guys.

ADVERTISEMENT