PGSF FedEx Cup Week 6 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • mickelson-847-harryhow.jpg

ROUND RECAPS
    Phil Mickelson wins by three shots at AT&T Pebble Beach
Defending champion Phil Mickelson returns to the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am where last year he won for a record-tying fifth time on the Monterey Peninsula.

Past winners including Dustin Johnson, Brandt Snedeker, and Jordan Spieth join Mickelson in the field. This year’s pro-am field includes notable names from Hollywood, and the worlds of music and sports like Peyton and Eli Manning, Wayne Gretzky, Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers.

RELATED: Inside The Field

FIELD NOTES: At 48, Mickelson became the oldest winner in tournament history. He’ll return to defend, making his seventh TOUR start this season. He’s 167th in the FedExCup standings. … Mickelson is one of eight past champions in the field… Jason Day returns to action after finishing T16 at Torrey Pines. Day finished T4 at Pebble Beach a year ago and is looking for his first TOUR win since 2018… Paul Casey is back to defend his title this year. No, not the TOUR title – although he did finish T2 in 2019 – but he and Don Colleran, the president and chief executive officer of FedEx Express, topped the amateur field last year… Sponsor exemptions include Sam Saunders, Justin Suh, Brandon Wu, and Kurt Kitayama, who won twice on the European Tour in a three-month stretch last year. Suh, Wu and Kitayama all have Northern California ties. Suh is from nearby San Jose, Kitayama was born in Chico and Wu is a Stanford alum. Wu made headlines at Pebble Beach in last year’s U.S. Open, where he finished T35 while still an amateur and received his diploma on the 18th green.

FIELD
https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/at-t-pebble-beach-pro-am/field.html

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points

COURSE: Pebble Beach Golf Links, 6,816 yards, par 72. A longtime part of the PGA TOUR schedule, the first “Clambake” was played there in 1947. Pebble Beach has been the host of six U.S. Open tournaments (including 2019, won by Gary Woodland). Spyglass Hill Golf Course (6,953/72) and Monterey Peninsula Country Club’s Shore course (6,958/71) are also played the first three days. The tournament ends at Pebble Beach on Sunday.

1580567811073.jpg

GOLFBREAKS BY PGA TOUR: PEBBLE BEACH GOLF TRIPS

Follow in the footsteps of the world’s best golfers on your next vacation with a bucket list trip to Pebble Beach! Golfbreaks by PGA TOUR take all the hassle out of booking your golf trip, and with their Best Price Guarantee, you’ll know you’re always getting an incredible deal! For more information, click here!

STORYLINES: Spieth is hoping a return to the friendly confines of Pebble Beach will help him find the winner’s circle for the first time since winning The Open Championship in 2017. Pebble Beach is where Spieth earned his first check as a pro and he won here in 2017. He’ll play the pro-am with his longtime partner, country star Jake Owen… With Day’s T4 finish in 2019, the Aussie now has five top-6 finishes at Pebble Beach, but no wins… Johnson – who has five top-three finishes in 12 starts, including wins in 2009 and 2010 – returns to action on the PGA TOUR for the first time since finishing T7 at the Sentry Tournament of Champions… Two golfers who finished in the top-10 at last year’s U.S. Open will be teeing it up next week: Chesson Hadley (T9) and Chez Reavie (T3)… Only 10 times in tournament history has a player won the pro-am title and the tournament title in the same year. The last time was in 2016 when Vaughn Taylor won (by one over Phil Mickelson) and topped the team competition with businessman Gregg Ontiveros.

72-HOLE RECORD: 265, Brandt Snedeker (2015).

18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Sung Kang at Monterey Peninsula (2nd round, 2016). Pebble Beach record: 62, Tom Kite (3rd round, 1983), David Duval (3rd round, 1997). Spyglass Hill record: 62, Phil Mickelson (1st round, 2005), Luke Donald (1st round, 2006).

LAST TIME: It took an extra day, but Mickelson won for the fifth time at Pebble Beach, tied with Mark O’Meara for the most victories in the tournament’s history. Mickelson fired a 7-under 65 that ran into Monday because of darkness. He shot 4-under 32 on his back nine to beat Casey by three strokes. Casey had a three-shot lead going into Sunday but shot 71 in the final round. Scott Stallings was alone in third after a final-round 66. Kevin Streelman (who won the pro-am portion of the event in 2018 with NFL star Larry Fitzgerald) matched Mickelson’s final-round 65 – the best of the day – and finished in a three-way tie for seventh.

HOW TO FOLLOW
Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-2:45 p.m. (Golf Channel). Saturday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (Featured Groups and Featured Holes)

Radio: Thursday-Saturday, 12 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio).

Congratulations again to last weeks winner @seminoleed

@DFSNOLE hangs on to the overall lead

FPGM7b7.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

Enjoy the Superbowl--Good start so far

Last edited:
What a crappy field. Good luck picking this week

Wow - no Brooks, JT, Fowler, Fleetwood? No Woodland, Molinari, Bryson, Finau or Rahm? And where or where is Mr. Woods?? I must be in the dark, but thought that the Ol' Clambake was a draw. Hopefully, Carl Spackler will still make the rounds...Oh Pebble, my Pebble...:(

NiA: there ought to be an option this week to add a Fifth player to our choices from the Celeb list. No points could be given, of course, but it would be fun to see who gets picked up. Almost like school-yard dodgeball. :D

Wow - no Brooks, JT, Fowler, Fleetwood? No Woodland, Molinari, Bryson, Finau or Rahm? And where or where is Mr. Woods?? I must be in the dark, but thought that the Ol' Clambake was a draw. Hopefully, Carl Spackler will still make the rounds...Oh Pebble, my Pebble...:(

NiA: there ought to be an option this week to add a Fifth player to our choices from the Celeb list. No points could be given, of course, but it would be fun to see who gets picked up. Almost like school-yard dodgeball. :D
No Rory

Cantlay
Dustin Johnson
McDowell
Noren

Last edited:
I didn't see DJ earlier in looking at the field.
Is he a late addition?

I think I may have created a monster. The Ouija Board has been strutting its stuff all week, literally gloating over his success. I made the foolish decision to remind him of his boast about JT, to which it replied, "You want to just pick 'em yourself, then?" He had me there, so I humbly apologized and was told:

Paul Casey
Dustin Johnson
Phil Mickelson
Brendt Snedeker

If this group wins again this week, I may have to move out of the house. But leaving it alone with Mrs. Ed (no pics) isn't a thought I relish. What to do, what to do?

B Sned
P Casey
R Knox
P Mickelson

Last edited:
I just got home and almost forgot about this.

Dustin Johnson
Jason Day
Patrick Cantlay
Brandt Snedeker

Amateur would be Tony Romo.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I would just like to congratulate everyone in advance for picking Brandt Snedeker this week. Since I picked him last week when he missed the cut, he is due to bounce back strong this week, since I didn't pick him, and win the damn thing. Well done...

I would just like to congratulate everyone in advance for picking Brandt Snedeker this week. Since I picked him last week when he missed the cut, he is due to bounce back strong this week, since I didn't pick him, and win the damn thing. Well done...

WaterySolidFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

Crowded leader board. 3 in front and 5 tied for second

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT