ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 6 The Waste Management

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • Arizona State alum Jon Rahm is set to compete at the WM Phoenix Open. (Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)
    Arizona State alum Jon Rahm is set to compete at the WM Phoenix Open. (Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)
Last season’s FedExCup champion Patrick Cantlay is back in action at the WM Phoenix Open along with world No. 1 Jon Rahm.
Brooks Koepka returns to TPC Scottsdale to defend his title from 2021.
FIELD NOTES: Koepka, a two-time winner in Phoenix, looks to become the first player since Hideki Matsuyama to go back-to-back at TPC Scottsdale (2016-17) … Matsuyama currently leads the FedExCup and will be back looking for more magic in Arizona … Jordan Spieth returns to the WM Phoenix Open; he was the 54-hole co-leader last season after firing a 61 in the third round – just one shot shy of the course record … Three of the top four in the Official World Golf Ranking are teeing it up in Phoenix with Rahm (No. 1), Viktor Hovland (No. 3) and Cantlay (No. 4) all in action … This is Cantlay’s first-ever appearance in Phoenix … Other world top-10 players competing at TPC Scottsdale include Justin Thomas and Xander Schauffele, who finished T2 last season … Daniel Berger is set to tee it up after withdrawing from the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am last week due to a back issue … Sponsor’s exemptions include Sahith Theegala, Austin Eckroat, Patrick Rodgers and Preston Summerhays … Summerhays is a freshman at Arizona State University and started working as a standard bearer at the WM Phoenix Open when he was just 10 years old.
COURSE: TPC Scottsdale (Stadium), par 71, 7,261 yards. After COVID-19 restrictions impacted the on-site fan experience, the Stadium Course will be rocking again at full capacity. Opened in 1986, the Jay Morrish/Tom Weiskopf design has been the host club of the WM Phoenix Open every year since 1987. Last season’s scoring average at TPC Scottsdale was 69.455.
FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
STORYLINES: Notables returning to action include Bubba Watson, who will tee it up for the first time in 2021-22. The last time Watson played on TOUR was THE NORTHERN TRUST in August. Louis Oosthuizen is set to return as well. The WM Phoenix Open will be his first start since withdrawing from The RSM Classic in November … After a quieter 2021 with limited spectators, the venue will return to full volume, notably on the raucous par-3 16th … Charles Howell III is making his 600th career PGA TOUR start … Jon Rahm looks to continue his reign as world No. 1 this week – and he’s going to be hard to beat. The Arizona State University product has finished outside the top-10 just once in his last eight PGA TOUR appearances (T14 at The American Express) … Both Brooks Koepka and Hideki Matsuyama have a chance to join Phil Mickelson, Mark Calcavecchia, Gene Littler and Arnold Palmer as three-time winners in Phoenix.
72-HOLE RECORD: 256, Mark Calcavecchia (2001), Phil Mickelson (2013).
18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Grant Waite (Round 4, 1996), Mark Calcavecchia (Round 2, 2001), Phil Mickelson (Round 2, 2005; Round 1, 2013).
LAST TIME: Five shots behind Xander Schauffele and Jordan Spieth entering the final round in 2021, Brooks Koepka’s 6-under 65 was enough to accelerate him to the top of the leaderboard – and into the winner’s circle. Koepka chipped in for eagle on the par-4 17th and then made a nifty par-saver on the 72nd hole to win by one shot. This was Koepka’s second win in Phoenix, as well as his first victory after battling knee and hip problems for the better part of 18 months. K.H. Lee and Schauffele finished tied for second, while Carlos Ortiz, Jordan Spieth and soon-to-be Ryder Cup captain Steve Stricker (who was trying to become the oldest winner in PGA TOUR history at age 53) finished tied for fourth.

HOW TO FOLLOW

Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6 p.m. (CBS)
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 1–7 p.m. ET. Saturday, 1-6:30 p.m. Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)
For outside of the U.S., click here for GOLFTV powered by the PGA TOUR
PGA TOUR LIVE
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed:
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Main Feed:
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Main Feed:
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Main Feed:
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Featured Group:
1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee:
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Marquee:
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Marquee:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Marquee:
12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Group:
Featured Group:
3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups:
9:45 a.m.-3 p.m.
Featured Groups:
Featured Groups:
11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Groups:
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
Featured Hole:
1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes:
Featured Holes:
Featured Holes:
Featured Holes:
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Featured Hole:
Featured Hole:
1 p.m.-6 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

Get the latest happenings on TO

Congrats again to last weeks winner @cmanole

@seminoleed maintains his overall season lead

Leader-thru-ATT-2022.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned the Fitzpatrick pick to TGW. He just sneered, said he'd be back by Wednesday with picks. Said he needs to think over how I could do so poorly with my substitute picks (he went to great pains to remind me Day and Cantlay were HIS picks, not mine!) The bastard dislikes me and thinks I'm a dweeb, but for those reasons feels like he has to continue picks just to accentuate the point.

I do not like where this is all headed; he actually said he had a dream last night about a big hickory stick flying around, shouting "Where is my Master?"

TGW and I had a sit down to clear the air last night. He thinks I sullied his rep last week with my emergency picks; I think he's way oversensitive and a blowhard. I though we were going to come to blows over this, but he looked at me and said, "I can't bring myself to beat up a 70 something old fart, not yet."

I do not see our relationship lasting long or ending well.

For this week:

Patrick Cantlay
Viktor Hovland
Jon Rahm (TGW says he's way overdue, here and other places as well; says it's like a home field advantage here; hint: TGW is a huge Rahm fan.)
Justin Thomas

Interesting article about what happened Morgan Hoffman, long but worth the read

That kid looks a little young to be pounding beers and driving carts

edit : the video was copyrighted, but here is a screengrab of the kid really enjoying the WM Open

Last edited:
some thoughts on Hoffman today

15 minutes agoNew
First on Charlie. As far as the rules go. He is spot on. There is no way the drop area should be where you can’t even place the ball. It’s really that simple. At some point, common sense needs come into play. That area should have been addressed by tournament officials and the players prior to the start of the tournament.
Second, he’s entitled to his opinion whether you agree with him or not. Do I like the way he did it ? Not particularly. Social media or maybe just the media is not the way to go. But I would fight for his right to say it. That’s what being an American is all about.
Which brings me to Rich Lerner. It amazes me that those who embrace (certain) thoughts, such as Rich, simply cannot stand for someone to say anything that is opposite of his opinion. For him to use HIS platform on the Golf Channel is what I find particularly offensive.
We know what was said. We, as golfers, are intelligent enough to formulate our own opinions. There’s a reason our mom’s used to tell us not to tattle or kick someone when they are down. Evidently Lerner never received those valuable lessons.
I just don’t understand why The Golf Channel can’t find 2 people better than Lerner and Chamblee.
JMHO
Kenny…

ADVERTISEMENT